Looking for dream fastpasses

godalejunior

DIS Veteran
I am looking for up to four dream fastpasses that have most of all of the tabs intact from 2008. Please PM me if you have them and would like to get rid of them. Thanks.

No offense, but why? I have quite a few but have been saving them for my July trip.

To the OP: Did you check eBay? I think most people either save theirs or sell them to collectors.

SANDIEGOFAN: No offense, but why? I have quite a few but have been saving them for my July trip.
May I ask, have you won them in the online sweepstakes? The one's I've seen them hand out at the park are only good for the day they were issued.

To the OP: Did you check eBay? I think most people either save theirs or sell them to collectors.

May I ask, have you won them in the online sweepstakes? The one's I've seen them hand out at the park are only good for the day they were issued.

You can't win the Dream FPs from the online/mail in sweepstakes. And actually the ones handed out at the park are good for pretty much until the Year of a Million Dreams promotion ends.

To the OP, do you plan on using the tabs if someone were to give you their dream FP? Not to be mean or anything, but if you do plan on using them, I think what you are asking is kind of ridiculous. It's a dream FP, part of a special promotion. If you win one, you should feel fortunate to have received them. But to ask someone else to use their prize that they won is a little rude IMO. But if it is for a collection or memoribilia I think it would be a little better reason.

And actually the ones handed out at the park are good for pretty much until the Year of a Million Dreams promotion ends.

The one's I've seen them hand out at the park are only good for the day they were issued.

So which one is it? :confused3

We were handed Dream FP's in 6/07. I still have them and most of the tabs are on them. The clearly say that they are valid only on 06/03/07 and all of the tabs have that same date on them.

We are going to DLR in July. Will we still be able to use them? :confused3

You can't win the Dream FPs from the online/mail in sweepstakes. And actually the ones handed out at the park are good for pretty much until the Year of a Million Dreams promotion ends.

I knew the Dream FPs were good for the duration of the visit, but I didn't know that they could be used through the end of the year. I won one on the last day of my visit earlier this month, but didn't use it because I was still using one I had won three days earlier. Are you saying I could use it if made another trip to DLR before Dec. 31?

I knew the Dream FPs were good for the duration of the visit, but I didn't know that they could be used through the end of the year. I won one on the last day of my visit earlier this month, but didn't use it because I was still using one I had won three days earlier. Are you saying I could use it if made another trip to DLR before Dec. 31?

I asked this exact question to several different CM's on my last trip and heard different answers from each. What it boils down to is this, it's really up to the individual CM at the front of the attraction who is collecting the FP tabs. Supposedly, they "should" let you, but you may need to plead your case a bit or even ask for a lead if you are denied.

I didn't get to try it myself on my April trip (and I had roughly 10 expired dream fp lanyards to work with), but I ended up being dreamed again, so I had no need to test the system by trying to use an expired dream FP.

I would love to hear others' experiences with using the expired dream FPs

I too was under the impression they were only good they day you received the prize. I have never one them, so I really dont know. I was told by several DLR CM though that a regular FP, like from a specific ride, that the FP never expires, you just have to wait until your designated time. We had some we didnt use from April and brought them back in October to use, we had no problem.

I found this link on MousePlanet with the same discussion.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=1237442

Basically Darkbeer says it is in the official CM handbook that Dream FP's can be used beyond the original date. He also says that some CM's may not know this and you may have to ask a lead.

Someone posted asking, like I did, if 2007 Dream FP's were still usable. Someone else responded saying that he did successfully use a 2007 Dream FP today, 5/18/08.

So, I'll bring mine along in July and politely ask a CM and see what I get! :cool1:

What?! Really?! We still have ours from last summer and we didn't use MOST of them... so we could potentially use them this winter when we go?... cool. I will be watching this topic between now and then!

What?! Really?! We still have ours from last summer and we didn't use MOST of them... so we could potentially use them this winter when we go?... cool. I will be watching this topic between now and then!

To the OP, do you plan on using the tabs if someone were to give you their dream FP? Not to be mean or anything, but if you do plan on using them, I think what you are asking is kind of ridiculous. It's a dream FP, part of a special promotion. If you win one, you should feel fortunate to have received them. But to ask someone else to use their prize that they won is a little rude IMO. But if it is for a collection or memoribilia I think it would be a little better reason.

Wow, sorry my post offended you. I have never been called rude so this is a first....

We used our dream fastpasses the first time we won them, on our very first trip, the entire weekend. Not sure about the other information posted about using them the entire year however that was not the intent of my post.

Wow! We were told they were only good for one day, so we never even tried to use them for the rest of our stay. The 2 CMs we asked were adamant about it. Maybe we'll have to take another trip just to test out this "non-expiring" theory!:rotfl:

We won Fps at the end of April this year. We were told we could use them anytime. This seems reasonable to me, becuase , having won them previously, we exhausted ourselves working through all the rides in one day.:cool1:

Also, it turned out to be pretty hard to use them up this time. It was very quiet at the park, :happytv: and some popular rides were walk on - they simply didn't have fast pass queues running. This included BTMR, Autopia,(machines turned off) TOT, MM and Indiana Jones, where the machines were on, but there was no need to form a Fp queue. So we really didn't use them.

There was some variation between CMs , but everyone let us through.
However - you still need to use them as intended, as a prize. They will not take tabs without the complete passes (people were trying that ahead of us), and they will not take tabs from half a pass- say only the DCA half.

I presume this is to stop people from selling them, or otherwise misusing htem, and I think that is a good thing.

Wow, lots of different experiences. Why does that not surprise me? ;)

Proper training of CM's and a little consistency would certainly be helpful if you ask me.
:confused3

We had one courtesy Dream Fastpass since one member of our party was not with us when we won. Even though 5 of us had the regular dated passes we still had several CM's question us because of the one courtesy pass (not dated) They all said Dream Fast Passes were good only on the specified date and a couple of CM's acted like they had never seen one without a date.

I promise we did not make our own, but we were sure made to feel like we were trying to pull a fast one a time or two.
(pun intended) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter