Looking for Disney Vacation Planning DVD....HELP!?!?!

Topher99

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I am looking for a WDW Vacation Planning DVD....the ones you used to be able to call Disney to get. They no longer send them out. Although the videos are available online, I am wanting to get one for my niece. We are heading to WDW in August and I am trying to get her excited about going. As of right now, she seems to be rather "unexcited" and explained to me that she has already been to "Canada's Wonderland" so she knows what Disney will be like :sad2:

Does anyone have an old DVD that I could borrow (and return) or purchase from them?? Unfortunately my niece does not have access to internet at home so the online viewing is not an option.

Thank you!! :flower:

Hi All,

I am looking for a WDW Vacation Planning DVD....the ones you used to be able to call Disney to get. They no longer send them out. Although the videos are available online, I am wanting to get one for my niece. We are heading to WDW in August and I am trying to get her excited about going. As of right now, she seems to be rather "unexcited" and explained to me that she has already been to "Canada's Wonderland" so she knows what Disney will be like :sad2:

Does anyone have an old DVD that I could borrow (and return) or purchase from them?? Unfortunately my niece does not have access to internet at home so the online viewing is not an option.

Thank you!! :flower:
I have one from about 2 or 3 years ago, the last time they sent them to Canada that i'd be willing to send. The other option is to find copies of the maps & time sheets from the various parks to give her some idea of the scope of the resort. We went in January and one of our D-I-Ls was a Disney virgin and she used the Wonderland reference as well. Our son found a way to super-impose that map and show her that it fit into the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom. I gave them copies of any hard print material i had and showed them pictures from previous trips.

We found she didn't get excited until we started showing her the various places she could eat --- that hit a nerve! See if you can find something other than the parks to focus on so she can see that there is more to Disney than the rides.

I agree with Donald. Just reading this post my mouth is beginning to water just thinking about the food I enjoy at Disney. Try the library or a bookstore. I don't know what age she is but there are books with great pictures for kids and teens and adults to let them see what Disney has to offer. Donald also mentioned the maps you can download those and print them off to show her.

I use Touring Plans when I visit so you could see about using that site for your visit, print off the plans for each day and give her an idea of what is going to happen when you're there. (I plan my day to the minute but we use the plans as a guide to keep us moving when we are there so that we get all the things we want to do done)

I just got back from a trip with my mother in law and her sister. They thought they knew what Disney was about but they had no idea of the size and the wonderful variety of shows and fireworks. They had been of the opinion that Disney was just for young kids, not anymore!

I really wish Disney would sent the CD's to Canada again. They have a place in Toronto somewhere where they do a bunch of mailings already.

I don't know how old your niece is, but I'm not sure the dvd will change do much for her. We showed the dvd to my (12ry) daughter and she stopped watching it after a few minutes. Instead she went to Youtube and started looking things up herself. The dvd is great for the grownups, and I guess to be fair some kids might like watching it too, but I don't think they were really made with kids in mind. They are informative, but I wouldn't describe them as exciting....

I have an old copy if you want it. But I agree that You Tube videos are what my kids love to watch when we are planning a Disney trip or helping friends plan theirs.

UPDATE ... so i searched for about an hour today and i can't find the DVD -- unless you want one from 2004 :P

I'll still pack up the other stuff i unearthed and send it on it's way

If you are still looking I think I have a relatively recent one kicking around. Let me know and I can take a look!

I suggest YouTube as well. My 16 year old will use it before anything else. I love watching the resort tours and room tours to get an idea of which resort we want to stay at.

UPDATE ... so i searched for about an hour today and i can't find the DVD -- unless you want one from 2004 :P

I'll still pack up the other stuff i unearthed and send it on it's way

Thank you so very much!! It arrived on Friday and my niece has spent the past 2 days reading and re-reading all the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!