Looking for Counter service with Vegan Options all 4 parks

grandmavicki4

Earning My Ears
We are looking for counter service places to eat on our upcoming trip that offer Vegan options we have made our ADR for table service now just need options for lunches and quick meals. Can anyone help or direct me to the right thread?

I can give you some of my favorites

MK-Columbia harbor house-they have a lighthouse sandwich that you can get without broccoli slaw and a veg chili just ask for no cracker (they have whey)

Epcot-Sunshine Season is the best in FW. The veg plate is not great anymore, but the premade section has some things to choose from and this is your best place to get a CS dessert. In the country’s I usually go with Morocco. You can get the veg plate just ask them to make it vegan (stress no dairy)

DHS-Fairfax fair for a veggie burger, but I would encourage getting lunch elsewhere and the counter service in DHS in not the greatest to start with.

AK don’t really have much experience with the CS here…I think pizzafari can made a vegan pizza though…the CS in Animal Kingdom Resort-Mara does have good vegan options…just speak with the chef.

There are several options at each park.

Studios - Studio Catering Company has a grilled vegetable sandwich and a Greek salad. Rosie's has a veggie burger. Fairfax Fair has a salad. Backlot Express has a vegetable sandwich. Pizza Planet has a cheese pizza.

Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Ray's has a veggie burger, veggie sandwich, Greek salad; Liberty Square Market has baked potatoes; Pecos Bill's has a veggie burger

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ has a fruit plate and the onion rings are good, Pizzafari has a cheese pizza, Restaurantosaurus has a veggie sandwich (grilled vegetables, mushrooms, onions, provolone, served on a toasted roll with sweet potato fries)

Epcot - way too numerous to mention as every country has at least one veggie option.

Also at AK, there's a vegetarian kiosk just outside Asia enroute to Africa. It's a blink-and-you-miss-it kind of place but great cold noodle salad (and beer!). Nice light meal on hot days!

Have you been on the DISabilities forum yet? They are a great source of info for people with food allergies and other dietary restrictions. Since you're looking specifically for vegan (not just vegetarian) options, the folks on this forum will probably be able to help you. Especially since you won't be able to eat things that have dairy or eggs on a vegan eating plan.

I've also read some posts recently that have said that the chefs at WDW are great when working with people who have dietary restrictions. Many folks have said that the chefs will often come to the table to talk to you in person!

Good luck!

There are several options at each park.

Studios - Studio Catering Company has a grilled vegetable sandwich and a Greek salad. Rosie's has a veggie burger. Fairfax Fair has a salad. Backlot Express has a vegetable sandwich. Pizza Planet has a cheese pizza.

Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Ray's has a veggie burger, veggie sandwich, Greek salad; Liberty Square Market has baked potatoes; Pecos Bill's has a veggie burger

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ has a fruit plate and the onion rings are good, Pizzafari has a cheese pizza, Restaurantosaurus has a veggie sandwich (grilled vegetables, mushrooms, onions, provolone, served on a toasted roll with sweet potato fries)

Epcot - way too numerous to mention as every country has at least one veggie option.
Please note that some of these options aren't actually vegan.

disnut8 said:

This isn't true.

I was at wdw about a week ago and we had many amazing vegan meals.

At MK we had Columbia harbor house. We also had ice cream sundaes from main st. Now you can also eat at Be our guest for lunch - they have a quinoa salad

At epcot we had the new sweet and sour sesame vegan chicken at sunshine seasons

At HS we skipped counter service and ate at sci fi where I had vegetarian shepherds pie and my boyfriend had a veggie burger

We also skipped counter service at animal kingdom and went to the lodge instead and had falafel.

On the Food pictures board someone posted a picture of Sunshine Season's plate that had GARDEIN vegan chicken. I LOVE that stuff:thumbsup2

The ice cream parlor on Main Street has Toffuti (chocolate flavor only) or Rice Dream ice cream (vanilla only).

Whispering Canyon Cafe will make vegan shakes.

All popcorn is vegan (the butter flavoring is fake).

Most breakfast places with separate griddles can make vegan/gluten free Mickey waffles. They use Bob's Red Mill mix.

I've read that some CS places carry Amy's brand of vegan food, but I've personally never seen it.

For CS desserts, most places will have Enjoy Life cookies or of course, fruit.

SILK soy milk is everywhere. Sunshine Seasons carries SILK brand yogurts.

Mickey pretzels (non cheese ones) are vegan, but they don't bake them separately from the cheese ones so YMMV if you have allergies.

Checkout The Wave for good vegan options (look on the Vegan thread).

Hope this helps!!

On the Food pictures board someone posted a picture of Sunshine Season's plate that had GARDEIN vegan chicken. I LOVE that stuff:thumbsup2

The ice cream parlor on Main Street has Toffuti (chocolate flavor only) or Rice Dream ice cream (vanilla only).

Whispering Canyon Cafe will make vegan shakes.

All popcorn is vegan (the butter flavoring is fake).

Most breakfast places with separate griddles can make vegan/gluten free Mickey waffles. They use Bob's Red Mill mix.

I've read that some CS places carry Amy's brand of vegan food, but I've personally never seen it.

For CS desserts, most places will have Enjoy Life cookies or of course, fruit.

SILK soy milk is everywhere. Sunshine Seasons carries SILK brand yogurts.

Mickey pretzels (non cheese ones) are vegan, but they don't bake them separately from the cheese ones so YMMV if you have allergies.

Checkout The Wave for good vegan options (look on the Vegan thread).

Hope this helps!!

They have changed the brand of soy milk now it is kikoman pearl soy milk...its not as good but works. Its not GF if that something that you are looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter