Looking for an amazing sundae!!!

I love this thread any more opinions? I did have the Ghiardelli PB Gold Rush Sundae this past October and it was delish and now I just can't wait to try the No Way Jose at B&C now!!

Omigosh now I really feel like I must make time to try both! That picture of the Goldrush sundae has me wanting one right now...seriously

You HAVE to try the No WAy Jose. It is seriously the best sundae ever. If it is size you're looking for, this is it. I always have to split it with someone, it is just huge and ohhhhhhh so good::yes::. Make the trip there, go early, you won't regret it. And I swear, you'll figure out a way to go back a second time. (Or in our case every trip, a third time, it is that good:))
P.s. Funny story, we go here every single year, every trip. So this past April, we hadn't been there in a year keep in mind, and the server came over to us, looked at us and said "No Way Jose right?" LOL We cracked up.

A little off the peanut butter sundae topic but has anyone ever had this @ B&C it sounds yummy!

Grilled Banana Bread and Peanut Butter with caramelized bananas, whipped cream, and a scoop of ice cream $6.49

What's the difference between the No Way Jose PB and the Gold Rush's PB? Has anyone ever had a PB brownie sundae? THAT sounds excellent to me. I like a little substance in my sundaes (which is wierd because I like soft serve ice cream way better). I heard Beaches uses the Disney standard Edy's ice cream, but I'm assuming Ghirardelli uses something else?
Now if only I could find a soft serve brownie sundae with PB sauce in a serving size for one (as I'm going by myself this time). That would be magical!pixiedust:
On a side note, does anyone know if you can get smaller versions of the sundaes at either place? I really hate to order a giant thing just for myself and let a ton of goodness go to waste!

What's the difference between the No Way Jose PB and the Gold Rush's PB? Has anyone ever had a PB brownie sundae? THAT sounds excellent to me. I like a little substance in my sundaes (which is wierd because I like soft serve ice cream way better). I heard Beaches uses the Disney standard Edy's ice cream, but I'm assuming Ghirardelli uses something else?
Now if only I could find a soft serve brownie sundae with PB sauce in a serving size for one (as I'm going by myself this time). That would be magical!pixiedust:
On a side note, does anyone know if you can get smaller versions of the sundaes at either place? I really hate to order a giant thing just for myself and let a ton of goodness go to waste!

The difference is size. The No Way is huge, I always, always say how does one person manage to eat that whole thing. We always split it, and even then, sometimes can't finish it (ok that's rare, cannot tell a lie). So in your case, I'd go with Ghiradelli's. Their sundaes are made for one, no doubt.

Thanks for the info!
Has anyone had the Ghirardelli cookie sundae? Is the cookie actually warm and gooey? I was craving an ooey gooey unbaked-type cookie (like LTT toffee cake lol) the other day and didn't know where to get one. I saw Ghirardellis sundae but didn't know if that would be gooey enough so I ended up going to Uno Chicago Grill and getting their skillet cookie. It was definitely not gooey enough and didn't even melt the ice cream :sad: So I'm trying to find something else.
By the way, while I was at Ghirardelli I found out they do use Edy's ice cream. For those who are diabetic or need the sugar free versions of ice cream, Ghirardelli offers the sugar free butter pecan and Beaches and Cream offers the sugar free vanilla, if that's a decision maker for anyone.

Ok I have to agree that they are both fabulous choices but IMHO I think the Pop Century resort puts out an awesome sundae FOR A SNACK CREDIT if ur on the ddp or for about 5bucks u can even do a brownie one too and don't get me started about sprinkles or doing both strawberry compote AND hot fudge:rotfl: pure Disney magicpixiedust:

The difference is size. The No Way is huge, I always, always say how does one person manage to eat that whole thing. We always split it, and even then, sometimes can't finish it (ok that's rare, cannot tell a lie). So in your case, I'd go with Ghiradelli's. Their sundaes are made for one, no doubt.

The only way I can finish a No Way is if I have it for a meal. If I have it for dessert after a meal, it's just too much. But it's sooooooo good! :cloud9:

But I would agree with the "try both" crowd. Food is very subjective, and the only way you'll know which one you like better is to try them both!

Just a heads up- you can get the no way Jose in a smaller size with 3 scoops of ice cream for a lower price. I often do this because the 5 scoops is way to big, most of the time I can't finish the smaller one if I have eaten a meal! I recommend getting the smaller if you are by yourself- so good! and you can pick your ice cream flavors,I usually do 2 chocolate and 1-vanilla!!

Ghirardelli is a must have every time we go to Disney. The hot fudge is too die for, and the vanilla ice cream is really good too. Plus they hand out free chocolate squares at the store, so there's no reason not to go!

No Way Jose!!! is the best Sundae I have ever had..I am a peanut butter freak though..lol. Had it twice on vacation last yr.:)

I would love one of each but with our touring plans we may only be able to do one or the other. From what I'm reading looks like I won't be disappointed no matter which one I choose =]

In this case, I would choose Ghirardelli. If I only had time for one location, I'd rather spend the time in DTD than at the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk area can be fun for a couple hours, but DTD definitely has more to offer, if you aren't going solely to eat.

IMHO, the best Sundae possible is one spent at Magic Kingdom with the family. Saturday is pretty good too.:rotfl2:

We have tried the kitchen sink and think it is OK. The sand pail from either of the two waterparks is by far our favorite ice treat at WDW though. A whole Sundae in a pail and it is delish, just in case you go to the waterparks. Best $10 treat on property IMO. Either way with ice cream you can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter