Looking for advice on parasailing

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
I'm curious if any of you have done the parasailing at the Fort. (I think that's what it's called, where they pull you behind the boat) When we come this October, I am really thinking trying it. But to be honest- I'm not sure why :rolleyes::) It involves all my fears: I am very afraid of deep water.... I absolutely don't like heights.... I get motion sickness on a lot of rides.... LOL But yet something about this intrigues me ...

I'm looking for information from anyone who's done this before--- am I safe from worrying that I'll end up in the water? (barring any unforeseen accident) Do I have a life jacket on? What is the weight limit? (one of my kids has offered to go with me, and I believe you can do 2 people) Do most people get motion sickness that do this, or is that rare? (I could do soaring all day long, but have tried Star Tours twice and almost didn't make it either time LOL)

And also- any idea on current pricing for this? Thanks everyone!

I did it in 2004, It was fun, didn't get wet, yes you have a life jacket, the straps kinda started cutting into me the last few minutes. I'm not to afraid of heights so that didn't factor in. You take off from the back of the boat and land on the boat, (hopefully, lol) Motion sickness, I can't handle the teacups, but this you just float along. I know there is a weight limit with 2 but don't know how much it is, my DS and his girlfriend at the time went together. Just copied this off of Allears it gives you a lot more details.

Parasailing:
A bird's eye view of Walt Disney World® will create lifelong memories. Parasailing may be booked as a single (one guest) or tandem (two guests flying together). Our "state of the art" parasail boat allows guests to take off and land right from the boat without even getting wet!

RESTRICTIONS: Must weigh a minimum of 130 pounds, maximum of 330 pounds. Weight restrictions apply to both single and tandem flights. Must be at least 6 years old.

Single Flight:
Regular: $95 per flight (8-10 minutes at 450 feet)
Deluxe: $ 130 per flight (10-12 minutes at 600 feet)

Tandem Flight:
Regular: $170 per flight (8-10 minutes at 450 feet)
Premium: $195 per flight (10-12 minutes at 600 feet)

I have been parasailing over a dozen times, though never at Disney. In all my times at places from the Caribbean to NJ, I always wore a life vest. I think 3 times I have ended up in the water anywhere from ankle deep to chest deep because the "fun dip" got too deep or the boat slowed faster than the reel in. Weight limit depends on vendor, as does the ability to have 2 at a time. Some of that is equipment. The heavier the load, the bigger the engine and sail needed. The motion is more akin to Soarin than Star Tours, but not really as fast as either or as violent or as swooping as Soarin. It's very gentle. I love doing it, the view is amazing and the movement is incredibly soothing. I hate heights and things like cable cars, but for whatever reason this doesn't bother me. I have no idea what Disney charges, but I'm sure you could easily look it up or call and ask.

We absolutely loved parasailing. We did this at Castaway Cay on our Disney Fantasy Cruise. We chose to go single, even though the driver looked at us and said, you both go. NADA! We asked to be surprised, and We both dipped into the Caribbean. Not so sure I would like to be dipped into Bay Lake. I also wonder about the scenic beauty of "big blue sea" vs. Bay Lake. We saw lots of sea creatures in the blue sea. Not sure if the price is worth the sightseeing on Bay Lake, but certainly the adventure is there. And, it is Disney, so that in itself is always fun. Enjoy. Next for you is jet skiing, which tops parasailing for us.

Thank you so much everyone! I'm definitely going to do this, after reading everyone's comments! Can't wait to get the October trip report started!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter