Looking for advice on future cruise

FutureMrsF

Mouseketeer
Hi all

This might be a hard question to answer but I appreciate any advice.

We just got off our first every cruise which was the 7 day med and we really want to book another one but don't know where or for when.

The kids and us want it to be hotter on the boat so we were thinking caribean/ Bahamas but its a long flight from the uk for one week so we need either a longer cruise or to tag on a week in florida as well.

We are restricted to only being able to go during school holidays as they have a new rule here from September that we can't take kids out of school for a holiday.

What itinerary would you peeps recommend and during which school holidays in the UK our only 2 week holidays are December over Christmas, April Easter
holiday or the summer hols July through August

One last thing I'm scared of running into a hurricane so would preferably like to avoid the season

Thank you so much in advance

Andrea
X

The hurricane season runs through summer, so, I think that leaves you going around Easter. I prefer the eastern CaribbeN because I especially enjoy the excursions in St. Thomas for snorkeling, but the Western Caribbean has an extra port stop. What do you like more, ports or sea days?

Bobbi:goodvibes

The water is a tiny bit chilly in the Spring, but the weather is SO gorgeous and was very calm for us! We had mid 80s and sun every day. Orlando for the Parks was great too. Any time from last week of Feb/first week of Mar (first cruise, although beware! We left Orlando at 80 and came back and it was 45!) and then we went again mid April and had perfect 82 weather the entire time. It is going to be our goal to continue to cruise Mid to late Apr or early May each time. Its out of hurricane season, fairly easy to dock at Castaway Cay (which can be iffy in the winter) and is cheaper cost to us. Each school has a different spring break (at least here) so depending on yours, that could be to your advantage?

The med was our first cruise and we liked both, the sea days may have been better if the weather had been warmer so we could use the pool

Would the weather in April be hot enough?

Thanks

X

Hurricane season runs from the first week of June through the end of November. I wouldn't necessarily rule out that time frame. Hurricanes are known about well in advance and they can reroute the ship around the storm. We have cruises once before during hurricane season and are going again at the end of August. It is definitely warm in the Caribbean in August but we haven't run into bad weather or even ANY rain.

It could go either way. Although this year it was kind of a cool year and we still had gorgeous weather in April. We would not have wanted it one degree warmer. It was caribbean perfection. :beach:

I would choose the 7 day Eastern route on the Fantasy in early June. You should be able to avoid hurricanes (technically I know that is hurricane season, but we have always had perfect weather).

We also just got off the Med cruise on Saturday and loved, loved, loved it. At least on the Fantasy, you will be able to relax. I am absolutely exhausted after the long shore excursions on the Med :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter