Looking for Advice on France Airport at end of ABD Adventure

Foreveraprincess17

Earning My Ears
HI All,

We are blessed to be booked on the England and France ABD Adventure this Fall. After the Adventure we are going to do the DLP add on (yeah!!). I am looking for advice on the France airport (Charles de Gaulle).

We are brushing up on our French but alas my French is "pas tres bien." How do we find our gate and such? Are there signs in both French and English?

Take care,
Renee

Agree, will be very easy. One thing to be aware of (and I just don't remember if CDG is like this) is that some international airports don't have permanent desks for specific airlines check in. There are big banks of desks when you walk in, and you look on a board similar to an arrivals/departure board that will tell you XXX airline - Desk 1-4 or something like that. It's not hard once you understand that's what's going on. Though if it's an ABD add-on I guess someone will take you to check in?

I agree with the others. I've flown in and out of at least 6 European airports including CDG multiple times and have had zero issues finding my gate. Most staff in the airport will also know English and can help if need be. We had a major connection issue flying through CDG one year and the staff at the airport were SUPER helpful. My French is also very rusty to the point, if I try to speak French, most French-speakers respond to me in English, LOL!

I was on the trip in December, and also did the Disneyland Paris add on (was great!), and I had no problems navigating the airport, and almost everyone that you would interact with spoke English well enough to help.

I actually can't think of anywhere during the trip where I was lost when we were by ourselves. I did take French in high school, so I can understand maybe 20% of what is going on when someone is speaking French which helped slightly

Agree, will be very easy. One thing to be aware of (and I just don't remember if CDG is like this) is that some international airports don't have permanent desks for specific airlines check in. There are big banks of desks when you walk in, and you look on a board similar to an arrivals/departure board that will tell you XXX airline - Desk 1-4 or something like that. It's not hard once you understand that's what's going on. Though if it's an ABD add-on I guess someone will take you to check in?
ABD will take them to the airport and drop them off at the doors for departures. They don't walk you to check in unless it's an internal flight.

Sayhello

Just take note That At Passport check there will be a Queue for

EU people And Another one for U.S.A. and Others

Just make sure that you are in the Correct one

Flew out of CDG this week after being dropped off by an ABD transfer. Went very smoothly.

You will do just fine speaking English.

Note that for passport control (on the way out of CDG) US passport holders will be sent to automated kiosks. These kiosks do not accept children under 18, so if you have any kids with you then head for the manned stations.

Also, depending on your airline and your flight, there might be a longish train/shuttle ride and/or walk from passport control until you get to your gates. The "M" gates in particular seemed to require quite a bit of extra time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter