Looking for advice - BC and BW

cobenz

Earning My Ears
Trying to plan a trip for me and 4 of my (adult-aged) friends. We are renting DVC points for the first time in order to give DVC a try (yay!). We typically stay at value or moderate resorts when we go and we usually get the disney dining plan because we love being able to sit down for meals after a long day. It ends up saving us money. Since we're planning a more chill trip, planning on only epcot and HS, maybe AK, we were thinking of trying to stay at the boardwalk or beach club. Now typically, when we stay at our value or moderate resorts, we use our quick service meal credit each morning at the cafeteria-ish place in each resort and then do a table service dinner, with a snack or two to tide us over. However when I was browsing Disney's website, it was difficult to determine if there was anywhere to spend a quick service meal credit for breakfast at beach club or boardwalk. Can anyone tell me that there is? Has anyone encountered this? Or will I just have to change my trip routine to a croissant for breakfast and a QS lunch?

When we stayed at Beach Club we had park hoppers and would go into Epcot France every morning and have a pastry - we could split them with the kids - and it was actually a snack credit. The only quick service we did was we put a couple together (cast member's suggestion) and got a pizza at the Boardwalk.
ETA: if you're going to have an early morning, grab the pastries the night before and have them the next morning.

Trying to plan a trip for me and 4 of my (adult-aged) friends. We are renting DVC points for the first time in order to give DVC a try (yay!). We typically stay at value or moderate resorts when we go and we usually get the disney dining plan because we love being able to sit down for meals after a long day. It ends up saving us money. Since we're planning a more chill trip, planning on only epcot and HS, maybe AK, we were thinking of trying to stay at the boardwalk or beach club. Now typically, when we stay at our value or moderate resorts, we use our quick service meal credit each morning at the cafeteria-ish place in each resort and then do a table service dinner, with a snack or two to tide us over. However when I was browsing Disney's website, it was difficult to determine if there was anywhere to spend a quick service meal credit for breakfast at beach club or boardwalk. Can anyone tell me that there is? Has anyone encountered this? Or will I just have to change my trip routine to a croissant for breakfast and a QS lunch?

At BC, you can spend your QS credits at the Marketplace or even walk over to YC and use them at the QS there. At Boardwalk, you can go to Boardwalk bakery. If you are used to sitting and having your breakfast, you may want to do BC as they have some indoor and covered patio seating. BW only has outdoor seating on the Boardwalk. I do find Marketplace to be quite chaotic at meal times, though. Your better bet may be using snack credits to stock your villa with breakfast items and then doing your QS at lunch.

I would switch the sequence: do a snack credit for a light breakfast at the resort, then a quick service lunch at the parks. The reason for the sticky on this subject is that the options are a bit bleak for quick service at the crescent lake resorts. But we found the snack options were not too bad--a pastry and a coffee worked just fine to tide us over until an early lunch at the parks

Thanks you guys for your responses! All were super helpful, the continental breakfast at Belle Vue Lounge sounds like something we'd likely do, but if that isn't what we expect, we'd probably just go grab some snacks for breakfast and then grab some QS later. I liked the idea of popping into Epcot France for breakfast, but we don't usually splurge on park hoppers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter