Looking for a hard-to-find Nintendo game - any ideas?

*STILL* desperately seeking one... please pm me if any help getting one is available... walmart.com is now sold out...

Sadly, the lovely DIS poster who tried to find me a Mario DDR in her area was unsuccessful. (Harleyquinn, you are an angel for trying :flower: ) I'm glad my Walmart order appears to have gone through.

Earlier today, someone suggested the "EBGames in Joliet, IL", although it was a traded-in game there. Their phone number is (hope I'm allowed to do this) 815-254-4275. On the ebgames site for Joliet, they are the only EBG store in Joliet - the others are GameStops. I tried twice to call them but their phone was busy.

Good luck.

I just got an email from Wal-mart.com that says the item is on backorder :guilty: They don't know when it will be back in stock. I just ordered it this morning at about 9:00. Anybody else get this email. Looks like it probably won't be here in time for christmas. I'm trying to decide if I should cancel it all together. boo hoo....

my2tinkerbells said:
I just got an email from Wal-mart.com that says the item is on backorder :guilty: They don't know when it will be back in stock. I just ordered it this morning at about 9:00. Anybody else get this email. Looks like it probably won't be here in time for christmas. I'm trying to decide if I should cancel it all together. boo hoo....

I guess no one read my post!

http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6213

"Nintendo issued this official statement, "Nintendo is very pleased with the success of Mario DDR. In fact, there has been such high demand, it has driven out-of-stock situations at retail. Nintendo is currently reviewing its plans to bring in more product in 2006."

Okay I could swear I just saw these on the shelves today at a store in Nashville. If anyone still needs one, PM me and I will run down there tomorrow and look.

my2tinkerbells said:

I haven't gotten that yet - just the order confirmation e-mail. Wonder if I should worry?

my2tinkerbells said:

Just got my backorder email from Walmart!! Well, guess I'll just wait till after the New Year, hopefully there'll be available for DD's birthday in February.

Sue from Boston

Here's my email from WalMart

We are writing to let you know that the item(s) listed
below that were placed on back order are unavailable, and
as a result have been canceled from your order
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

===========================================================
CANCELED ITEM(S)
--------------------------------------------------------
Order Date: 13 DEC 2005 09:47 AM
Order Number:

ITEM QTY PRICE TOTAL
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix GameCube 1 49.82 49.82

===========================================================

Refunds
If you paid by credit card or debit card, your card will not be
charged for the canceled item(s).

If you paid with a check online, the funds will be credited
back to your account within 10 business days.

If you paid with a Gift Card, the funds will be
credited back to the shopping card used in the original
purchase.

If you paid with Bill Me Later®, your account will not be charged
for the canceled items(s).

Help
If you have any questions, contact one of our Customer
Service Associates at help@walmart.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service at Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com

Why did they cancel it?

This may be a dumb suggestion, but has anybody tried Amazon.com? I got a Black and Decker Storm Station there when I couldn't find it anywhere else, plus I got free shipping (I think the order had to be over $25).

Good luck!

:crazy2: Never mind - I just looked, and it looks like the cheapest one is $159.98 (if I'm looking at the right thing, and I think I am).

So I called and asked to speak to the highest available CSM. She said I was her first irate call about this. It was not a pleasant conversation - she had no idea if they even had had any in stock, manufacturer discontinued, etc. etc., and that's why they have all those "disclaimers" on the site. I asked her why the original receipt provided the equivalent of a guaranteed date "will receive by"? She kept repeating the disclaimer mantra. I asked her how many orders did they really fulfill. She said that if they had it would be proprietary info and never disclosed to public. (probably true but still frustrating, especially since some of us got backordered instead of auto-cancelled).

Guess I'm adding Walmart.com to my never-shop-again list. This is the 3rd order they've screwed up for this Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter