Looking for a good counter service at AK, other then Flame Tree

Polybound

Mouseketeer
We've eaten at Flame Tree a few times and think its okay, though we're looking for a counter service other than BBQ this time. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend trying Satu'li Canteen once it's open. It will be something new to try and I've heard some good things about it.

The new pandora offerings look pretty good. For no more money than qs, you can easily get a seat at the bar at rainforest. I like the Ac and the bar isn't so chaotic. The nachos are actually pretty quality, and the drink pours are strong.

We like Pizzafari. Actually, we preferred when they had the deli ham sandwich on the menu, but the current offerings are OK. The big draw is spending some time sitting indoors with air conditioning. And all the separate rooms makes it not so loud. We prefer one of the smaller rooms nearer the back.

We enjoyed the Harambe market! Some other options instead of BBQ, though the ribs are good there!

When I read the title of your thread, my first thought was "good luck" because we always struggle to find a good CS at AK. We like Flame Tree though. The last place we tried was Restrantasaurous and it didn't go so well. Based on the menu Yak & Yeti looks good, but it was closed when we were there so we never got a chance to try it.

Harambe Market had some good options. One tip: each window seems to specialize and only have a couple of the items, every window can serve every item, so just get in the shortest line.

For almost the same $, why not do the TS at Yak & Yeti and split some of the appetizers or one of the larger entrees? Gorgeous & interesting decor.

I had a great Mediterranean flatbread at Pizzafari the other year. I agree the menu isn't the greatest, but if you find something you like, the AC and the murals are a treat.

The new Pandora Satu'li Canteen will be a real upgrade to the CS at AK. Can't wait to try it this Fall.

I'd do Yak & Yeti as well...But stay away from the Asian Chicken Sandwich. I have gotten it twice (the second time I forgotten I had it before) and had to take it back. I have never taken any food back anywhere before, but this was unbelievable gross. Everything else is really good though :)

Another vote for Yak and Yeti, the stir fried rice is a meal for me all by itself. I can't wait to try the offerings in Pandora as well. Frankly, I've always found there were too many QS options for us to pick from and we just can't seem to get to them. We have yet to try Harambe Market and want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter