Longtime Lurker, 1st Time Poster, Trip Next Week!!!

retromaven

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself formally, as I have lurked here a long time and gleaned wonderful information for my upcoming trip to WDW next week. Although I have been before, it has been a decade since going to DisneyLand and two decades since going to WDW. I consider myself nearly a "first timer" with so many changes to the park since then. Both prior trips I went alone with friends. This time I have DH and two children 8 and 10 along. We will be staying for 8 days at The Wilderness Lodge and we opted to take the standard Dining Plan. I am looking forward to reviewing the restaurants we will be eating at on our return.

Thank you everyone here for all the wonderful tips, photos and reviews. Incorporating all the suggestions here will certainly make our trip smoother and more enjoyable. Now if that darn cold front would just move off the East Coast so I can enjoy some nice temperate weather, instead of feeling like I will be bundling up at night down in FL, I'll be one happy camper.

Cheers!

Retromaven

Hello! I am new here too. Well, I am just like you in that I would search the boards prior to going to Disney too. I hope you enjoy your trip and I look forward to hearing about your dining reviews. Have fun! party:

I'm going to Disneyland for the first time next week though I've been to Disney World a few times. I hear they're more different than photos would let you believe. Seeing all these people planning Disney World trips makes me want to go there as well. They should put a Monorail between the two. Sure it would take about two days to get there and 2500 miles on an elevated track without a bathroom on board may be a little rough.

10.gif

Thanks for the welcome. I booked the trip very last minute when I saw the 4/3 deal, so although I have a pre-trip paper journal, I have not had time to write a pre trip report here on the boards as with the holidays, skiing (we ski several times a week) the trip and life in general and the short lead in, the best laid plans of mice and men...well you all know...

Anyway, I scrapbook and take lots of pics, so I hope I can do a return TR and some dining reviews justice. All you guys are such entertaining writers and have such great pix - I have some big shoes to follow in. Just finalizing packing, as I am neurotic (I am one of those pack your kids clothes in plastic bags by days types) and like so many here, a detailed planner. I feel fortunate to have gotten my pick of ADR's and did not have to make any substitutions. I'm enjoying reading everyone's reports while I wait the last few days until I make my own "magic".

:)

:welcome:

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :cheer2: How awesome that you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge! I love it there and hope to read about your trip and see pictures. We will be there in March. :cool1:

:welcome:

Hope you have a wonderful trip! :cheer2: How awesome that you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge! I love it there and hope to read about your trip and see pictures. We will be there in March. :cool1:

Hoping that I will love it as much as everyone else and I can become a WL "Groupie" too~

Even though the WL was modeled after the great lodges of the NW, I grew up camping and vacationing summers in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY and Vermont and the lodges are very similar. It reminds me of the fond memories of my childhood and young adult days of that pine tree forests spent on pristine lakes in rustic Adirondack style buildings (and furniture) I love so much. I can't imagine it being anything less than perfect, because the whole rustic style not only is Disney magic, but the magic of the outdoors and Adirondacks that I love and find so peaceful.

Although I live only 40 minutes out of Manhattan, my heart is at home at places that remind me of those relaxed Adirondack summers with the smell of pine in the air - and I don't think any other place at Disney would ever suit me better than the WL, so I look forward to getting on the groupie bandwagon! I'm almost as excited to relax a bit at the lodge as I am to go to the parks...

Hoping that I will love it as much as everyone else and I can become a WL "Groupie" too~

Even though the WL was modeled after the great lodges of the NW, I grew up camping and vacationing summers in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY and Vermont and the lodges are very similar. It reminds me of the fond memories of my childhood and young adult days of that pine tree forests spent on pristine lakes in rustic Adirondack style buildings (and furniture) I love so much. I can't imagine it being anything less than perfect, because the whole rustic style not only is Disney magic, but the magic of the outdoors and Adirondacks that I love and find so peaceful.

Although I live only 40 minutes out of Manhattan, my heart is at home at places that remind me of those relaxed Adirondack summers with the smell of pine in the air - and I don't think any other place at Disney would ever suit me better than the WL, so I look forward to getting on the groupie bandwagon! I'm almost as excited to relax a bit at the lodge as I am to go to the parks...
With what you have described I would say you are gonna love it at WL. If you love that rustic feel, it is very relaxing and you are not gonna believe how beautiful it is. Pictures just don't do it justice. :cool1:

Have a great trip! And be sure to report back in the groupie thread about your trip. And we love pictures!

Now if I only have time to post a short pre-trip report...LOL

I have an "interesting" title for my post trip report already. :rotfl2:

I am a picture taking maniac, much to the dismay of the rest of the family, so there WILL be pictures...:lmao:

Now if I only have time to post a short pre-trip report...LOL

I have an "interesting" title for my post trip report already. :rotfl2:

I am a picture taking maniac, much to the dismay of the rest of the family, so there WILL be pictures...:lmao:

You've got 4 days, so have at it!

:cool1: for pictures!

Welcome to DIS boards. Also I'm a newbie here. I really enjoyed reading threads here. I'm looking forward to your updates and pics.

Have a safe trip and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter