Long term condo rentals - where to look?

KerriMc

DIS Veteran
Hello ... we are currently staying at a Windsor Hills condo and my parents are loving it! They are contemplating coming down for a full month next year. Anyone have any ideas on websites or where to look for long term rentals? Most owners tend to base their prices on a weekly rate (we were just quoted $5079.36 for the month based on a nightly rate by an automated email from the Windsor Hills rental website!! )

I just wondered if anyone knew of where we would find owners who are interested in longer renters!

Thanks so much

Kerri

Wow, that is waaaaaaaaaaay too much. Windsor Hills is a very popular place but there are many other locations very close to WH that will give a great price if you get to them soon enough and they have a full month open.
Start with Kissimmee central west on VRBO (vacation rentals by owner)

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando/kissimmee/central-west

Start with Windsor Palms which is very similar to Windsor Hills, just a block over on Formosa Gardens BLVD and about a mile farther south.
Start looking for condos that meet their needs and click on one site "email the owner."
You can email many owners with the same message, so do not be afraid to send out 20 to 30 messages to owners. Once you type in a message, it can be pasted into email after email to the owners. Check the "Availability Calendar" for the month they want to make sure it is totally vacant. Have nice introduction like:
"Hello, my spouse John and I are retired teachers, plumbers, store owners, or whatever and we are excited about spending a full month in the Disney area during low season. It will be just the two of us and we are looking to come from x-date to x-date. We will take care of your condominium like it is our own.
Our budget is $1500 month to include all utilities and taxes. The benefit to you is no weekly cleaning fees for the month no worries about renting during this time. Thank you for considering our request....John and Mary Smith..."

I would also suggest Encantata and Emerald Island Condos...both are also very nice properties...
Do this as soon as possible. You may be very surprised how quickly you find a place that is owner is happy to have rented at this price for a month. No matter what you hear it is a rentors market around Disney.

Good Luck...Ted

Hi Kerri,

I would just go on www.homeaway.com and www.vrbo.com and choose specific homes/condos in which they are interested and write to the owner and ask if they have a discounted rate for a longer rental. They will get better prices, the further away from Disney they are. As Windsor Hills rents very well on a short term rental basis, you may find less owners willing to take a discounted rate there. Around the 10th of February or so, Disney has high season, and owners near Disney will most likely be pricing at a higher rate than the month of January (after Christmas). Also, about this time you have the Daytona 500 and all the racing activities, and lots stay in Disney area and tie in a vacation to Disney with all of that. So, this time does get very popular and commands higher prices.

Sandy

Thank you for your replies! We have received many replies from many condo owners at Windsor Hills. Best price so far is $1800 (which is actually from the condo owner that we are in right now, but she didn't know that it was from my mother as we booked this under my name for this week).

All of your suggestions are great and we are going to keep looking. Their budget is likely around the $1500 price point, but possibly the $1800 would be ok!! Especially if she was willing to reduce at all :)

We shall see! I like the search!!

Kerri

In my opinion, $1500 is more than fair...no cleaning costs for a month, minimal wear and tear of older couple...no renting hassle for the month...
stick to that price!
We had no problem finding a a condo for $1200/month in Windsor Palms for 3 months for friends...

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter