Long Shot: Wondering if my favorite California Grill server switched restaurants

Luxurious_Lumiere

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! Weird shot in the dark post! haha

Every Disney World trip for us starts with California Grill. The food is sublime, the view of the fireworks is magical. But the most magical part was always this one server Jenny O. We were sat in her section on our first WDW trip together and I can safely say that no server (at Disney, or in my long history of dining out in NYC) has ever provided such a marvelous service at a restaurant. She introduced herself by saying "Hi. I'm Jenny and I'll be cultivating your dining experience this evening" ...and somehow that sounded completely natural and normal out of her mouth. We had a fabulous and unforgettable time. She had the timing of everything down to a science, anticipated needs before they happened, always had a smile and was friendly to talk to, and truly made every element of the meal seem magical. If you thought the old ways of Disney customer service were dead, Jenny would surely prove you wrong.

On subsequent trips, I would head to California Grill when they opened to request a table in her section if she was working. My boyfriend and I had some of our favorite Disney memories thanks to her. So cue my dismay on my recent trip when I made the 4pm pilgrimage to the host stand and was informed that she was no longer with California Grill. Understandable to be sure, no one stays in one place forever. But the hostess was a fairly recent hire and didn't know where Jenny had gone. Sooo, shot in the dark: does anyone know if she is at a different Disney restaurant now? I would truly book a reservation at whatever location she was working. But I also realize that she simply may have moved away or gone into a different line of work altogether.

On the even further off chance that Jenny somehow reads this: thank you from the bottom of my heart for the memories you helped create. I still tell friends about last year when you surprised us with champagne flutes and cupcakes placed on the table in the shape of a Mickey head. It's the small touches, the likes of which you were so perfect at, which help create special memories during a vacation. They will always bring a smile to my face and remind me why I love Disney so much, and the people who work there and create incredible experiences for the guests. We ended up not only feeling like guests, but regulars. A hard thing to accomplish in a massive vacation destination. Best wishes for wherever life takes you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter