Long Beach Airport & Disney Cruise - best car/hotel/shuttle combo?

LiseG

DIS Veteran
OK... need your help.

We're planning a Disney Cruise heading out of San Pedro. We'll flying into LGB on a Saturday morning and have about 24 hours to play, sleep and get to the ship. :boat:

Now here's where I need your help. I need a combo of a car, hotel and maybe a shuttle or taxi, too.

Option #1 - Hotel offering FREE LGB and San Pedro Shuttles
According to their website, the Best Western Long Beach offers a Fly & Cruise Package
Sat am - Arrive at LGB & rent car for the day
Sat PM - Return car at airport and take hotel shuttle back to the room
Sun am - Take hotel shuttle to San Pedro / DCL

Option #2 - Paid Shuttle
Sat am - Arrive at LGB & rent car for 24 hrs.
Sun am - Return car to airport and take paid shuttle/taxi to the port

Option #3 - Taxi & San Pedro Rental Car
Sat am - Arrive at LGB & take taxi to Enterprise Rent-A-Car in San Pedro
Sun am - Return car to Enterprise SP. They will shuttle FREE to DCL

I know I'm overthinking this. :confused3

Can you please tell me what's worked for you... where did you stay, how did you get around :woohoo:

Thank you for your help :lovestruc

We've sailed out of San Pedro twice. The first time we did option 2. We planned to rent a car at LGB when our flight arrived; however our flight arrived late, and the rental places were closed. The hotel shuttle also was not running at that time (around midnight). There were plenty of cabs waiting at LGB, so we hopped in a cab to the hotel. In the morning my DH took the free hotel shuttle back to LGB and picked up the car. We had a full day to site see. The day we got on the ship, DH dropped us all off at the port and then drove back to LGB to return the rental car. He took a shuttle back to the port - the shuttles at the airport are priced per person and there were 6 of us, so that is why he dropped us at the port first.

When we got off we had reserved a van with Zippy Shuttle.

The 2nd time around, we needed the rental car for a couple of days before and a day after the cruise, and it ended up being cheaper to rent for the week and pay to park at the port. Much more convenient too!

We've sailed out of San Pedro twice. The first time we did option 2. We planned to rent a car at LGB when our flight arrived; however our flight arrived late, and the rental places were closed. The hotel shuttle also was not running at that time (around midnight). There were plenty of cabs waiting at LGB, so we hopped in a cab to the hotel. In the morning my DH took the free hotel shuttle back to LGB and picked up the car. We had a full day to site see. The day we got on the ship, DH dropped us all off at the port and then drove back to LGB to return the rental car. He took a shuttle back to the port - the shuttles at the airport are priced per person and there were 6 of us, so that is why he dropped us at the port first.

When we got off we had reserved a van with Zippy Shuttle.

The 2nd time around, we needed the rental car for a couple of days before and a day after the cruise, and it ended up being cheaper to rent for the week and pay to park at the port. Much more convenient too!

Great info... I was thinking about taking DH and DD to the port first, too.

thank you :)

If you're not sure if you'll need the car or don't mind playing it to the end... hjere's a cheap car trick.

My friends disembarked the Wonder early and found they had extra time between arriving back at the airport and the flight. A quick reservation on Priceline via smart phone found them a $16/day car with Avis! Much better than waiting for hours in the airport. :banana:

I was in the next line paying $45 for Hertz. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter