"Lone Rider" from Trail's End as a QS on DDP?

tfoster

My friends call me T
Can you get the "Lone Rider" individual take-out meal from Trail's End (Fort Wilderness) as a quick service on the DDP? It's $8 or something like that and it seems comparable to other quick service meals. Disney dining couldn't answer the question, even after putting me on hold twice and talking with other people. Anybody know?

Thanks in advance!

Trail's End is a table service restaurant so those are the only credits that can be used there.

Hmmm ... interesting question.

The Trails End Buffet is a sit down, so it makes sense that it would be a TS credit. However it would seem to me that the individual meal servings from Trails to Go should be considered counter service, much like value resort food courts, especially when you look at price point and at the fact that individual meal servings are not available for table service.

I'm not sure what Disney's call would be, but my logic would call it counter service. ;)

Disney's call would be, it's a table service restaurant so any meal purchased would require the use of a table service credit.

It doesn't matter that the meal is priced similar to a value resort's food court (or to any other food court or counter service location). At table service restaurants, Guests on the DDP can use only Table Service credits. Period. Most times that's an excellent value. Sometimes - such as this, or Beaches & Cream, or the Plaza Restaurant - it's not.

Thanks for the responses. I ended up calling the restaurant directly today and they said you do need to use a table credit for it. One of the silliest things I've ever heard. It's a little one-serving take-out only container of food that doesn't even include a drink or a dessert. I'm sure the technology exists that would enable them to charge a quick service for it, but. . . it's their show; they make the rules. :)

Technology available? Sure. Disney willing to or interested in installing it in a Table Service's POS system for a single item? Not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter