London to DLP - no Eurostar Available

PunkyBrewster

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are thinking about going to DLP for our one year wedding anniversary in either late June or July 2009. We would like to extend our vacation to include some site seeing in London and need a convenient way to get back and forth. I have looked into the Eurostar, however, they stop running directly to DLPR on July 4, 2009. So here come the questions...

1. Should we fly into London and take a train to Paris and then back to London to fly out again? Or should be fly directly to Paris, take a train to London, and then back to Paris? Or should be fly out of the opposite city we flew into??

2. If we decide to go when the Eurostar is not running directly to and from DLPR, how do we go between London and Paris? I understand that we can still take the Eurostar to Paris, but then how would be get from the train station to DLPR?

As side a note, neither of us speak French, though I can understand some... so the easiest possible route would be best while we are in France to having to ask too many questions.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've just had a look at the Eurostar site and they seem to be running just fine both on and after the 4th July :confused3

They're limited (then again they always have been) and the website tends to show you indirect trains first as the direct service is not until 09:53 so you could get to DLRP earlier by using an indirect service (and leaving earlier).

If you have to take an indirect service, then you can just go from the DLRP station, change at Lille (quite easy from what several people on these boards have said in the past) and then board a Eurostar from Lille to London.

The reverse is the same - London to Lille, Lille to Disneyland Paris.

:confused3 I'm a bit confused. Direct services to DLRP from London are not stopping. I have bookings on the direct route for October and November this year. Do you mean they are sold out of the dates you want?

If you can't get the direct route, you don't need to go into Paris itself, you can change at Lille.

Strange... when I was just on the Eurostar site, I couldn't find a train available from London to DLPR, I could only find London to Paris. At any rate, I could have sworn the time tables show trains from London to DLPR only from Febraury 23, 2009 to July 4, 2009!?

I really really hope not - considering how much I have paid for my Oct and Nov tickets. :lmao:

There are definitely trains available - I've just looked on the Eurostar website and put in a couple of test dates (4th July and 12th July or so) and both of these dates returned tickets which I could book, both for direct and indirect services between London and Disneyland Resort (Marne La Valee - Chessy) :thumbsup2

Yeah, my husband just tried it and it worked for him... Thanks

Now we just have to figure out where we should fly into / out of...

this is wierd as i too cannot get routes from Ashford to Disney Paris either on the dates that we are going in sept & i have searched other dates & it says on the Eurostar website that the train will run to Paris & then another onto Disney:confused3:confused3

i am worried now as we havnt yet booked the Eurostar for our trip:scared1:

this is wierd as i too cannot get routes from Ashford to Disney Paris either on the dates that we are going in sept & i have searched other dates & it says on the Eurostar website that the train will run to Paris & then another onto Disney:confused3:confused3

i am worried now as we havnt yet booked the Eurostar for our trip:scared1:

Apparently theres a problem with their site. I rang up today as my dates were saying that which I thought was odd, because just yesturday it was giving me the train fine. However on the phone they were able to book them fine, so I suggest you do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter