London hotels, ideas please

stba2006

DIS Veteran
As we aren't going on holiday this year, we thought that we would go to London for a few days and maybe catch a show or 2.

Does any-one have any recommendations for hotels.

We would like to stay some-where that is easy to access the theatres, and any nice bars and restaurants (suggestions for these also welcome :))

I've never been to London, so and ideas/suggestions would be great.

Thank-you :goodvibes

Whats your budget? We went last year and stayed in the Covent Garden area and it was great,easy access to most places, but hotel prices vary considerably.

I was thinking of up to £85 per room per night (but any bargains to be had to make it cheaper is always good :rotfl:) I don't know if this is realistic yetWe aren't looking for anything fancy, just a base really.
The main thing is that we don't want to be stuck in the middle of an area that you wouldn't want to walk around at night.

The Cumberland is well positioned on the corner of Park Lane and Oxford Street and right opposite Hyde Park. Ideally situated for many theatres in the area, including the London Palladium just off Regent's Street. It can be quite pricey but depending on when you go - you may be lucky to get one of their special offers.

I've stayed in a few Travel Lodges in London and they have all been Ok. The one near Waterloo Station is very handy for the station and to be able to walk to the river /london eye etc

Ive also stayed in Novotel at Paddington Station -again handy to get around and also at Novotel between Euston and Kings Cross Station

There is a Premier Inn right next door to the London Eye on the Embankment that gets great reviews. I would imagine it gets booked up really quick though given its location.I think it called County Hall.

There is a Premier Inn right next door to the London Eye on the Embankment that gets great reviews. I would imagine it gets booked up really quick though given its location.I think it called County Hall.

:thumbsup2 Yes I was going to suggest this one as well.
This one is in a fab location with easy walking distance to London Eye, House's of Parliament, Tate Modern, St Pauls Cathedral and also where you can catch the catamaran to Greenwich and the Tower of London. There are several tube lines within easy reach and you can walk easily in the other direction to the above attractions (cross over the bridge) to Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Covent Garden and the theatre land. Hop on a bus to Oxford Street, Knightsbridge and Kensington.

Also near to this hotel is the Oxo Tower which has fab food.
http://www.harveynichols.com/oxo-tower-london

We frequent London and love it. We are only a shortish train journey away from Waterloo Station. Always good to leave it as well and get back to less hussle and bussle:)

Another vote for the PremierInn County Hall, great location.

Have also stayed at the Travelodge on City Road - basic but good value.

If you have any tesco vouchers the Hilton in Canary Wharf works out at a fab price - we had 2 nights over NYE and paid £150 incl breakfast - great price :) & easy to get to :goodvibes

Katie x

always worth checking out the hilton and marriott at canary wharf - they're mainly business hotels so they do some decent cheap deals at weekends - great location for wandering around and about 30-40mins from centre.

You can get some good deals on hotels.com ... we booked the Club Quarters St Pauls and it was brilliant, just on the doorstep of St Pauls ... about 15-20 mins walk from the main theatres. We paid £90 a night, but well worth it.

http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_londonStPauls.php

also we have stayed in Holiday Inns in the Bloomsbury area and the Radisson Edwardian Grafton in Tottenham Court Road ... all very reasonable and again about 15 mins from theatreland.

Check out all the hotel websites such as Trivago, LateRooms, RatestoGo Hotels.com etc for good rates.

We're just back from 3 nights in London. I found the hotel prices really very expensive, even for the premier inns/travelinns. We went with another family and decided to rent an apartment in Covent Garden, from the holiday lettings website here

It was really good, 2 bedrooms plus sleeping in the living room for up to 8. It worked out £140 per night/per family which was on price with hotels. I liked having a kitchen, washing machine etc and more space than just a room to be in. We were minutes from Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square and right in the middle of Theatreland.

Prices now though will be quite high, some people have put their rental prices up quite significantly, but I've noticed that by checking their booking calendars, that they are not full, so have probably priced themselves out the market. I think you might get lucky with a more 'normal' rate if you contact them.

I really love the hotels from Thistle.
Several locations and all good hotels.

They have a great deal until the end of august; 50% off all rooms!

I have seen some amazing hotels in London, I think all of them are fantastic.

Premier Inn at Leicester Square or at County Hall...great as they have family rooms which are not always easy to get in London...not luxurious but both newish, nice and affordable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter