London Dis Meet - The Aftermath, the Heartburn

wtg2000

DIS Veteran
Still digesting the garlic bread, souvlaki and chocolate volcano (with ice-cream) from today's London Dis Meet at Tiger Jack's - which would go well in AK.

About 20 of us all together. We were actually overshadowed by a group of 50 but they weren't as well dressed!

Thanks everyone for a fun day!

Good food, good company, had a great time meeting everyone today:D

There were other people in that restaurant with us :eek: I didn't even notice them, let alone what they were wearing :tongue:

(Did you take a look at your user name wtg2000??;) )

Pictures everyone. Hope everyone had a great time. Wish we could have made it, but a little to far to drive.

I have a few pictures but I'm not sure how to post them.

If I can figure it out, I will do it.

Lots of other people took pictures, maybe they will post them.

Thanks to everyone that came out today it was the best turn out yet I would have to say. We had a great time it was nice to see everyone again and to see some new faces to. We were talking to Wayne and Debbie today and are thinking of an outdoor meet for the next one in London. Maybe at Kinsmen arena (West Lions Park) there is a splash pad for the kids to play at and some pic nic tables we can maybe do a pot luck kinda thing. We have a small travel style BBQ we can bring down with us to make up hot dogs and hamburgers etc what does everyone thing of something like that?

Ya, great, you pick the summer to have one at an arena! :mad: I obviously left too early today - I'm sorry I missed the volcano. Anyway it was great to see everyone.

- Mike

Oh ya, DD's team lost their game 1-0 today. She played great (stopped 3 clean breakaways) but you're not going to win many games when your forwards don't score. Ah well - game 2's Tuesday.

Another DIS goalie man that is great just hope she doesn't end up like me and my knees Mike. Better luck to her on Tuesday.

I even ended up doing my "errands" in London!LOL

It was great to finally meet you MikeJ! And to meet Robin. And of course catching up with some of the "old" faces!LOL

BTW, I did get a globe! I could not resist! I figured it was easier to get it home from London that from Disney!

I'm all for a summer meet! It will give me a chance to try that Tastee Ice Cream!

Sorry Mike about DD's game but next time!

Scratch
pirate:

Who's face you callin' "old", Janet! :eek: ;) :p

It was great to see everyone again and meet you, Robin and MikeJ. :) :)

I think an outdoor get-together sounds like a great idea. It's always much easier to get to talk to everyone when you can move around freely.

I knew, you wouldn't be able to resist the Peter Pan globe, Janet, once I showed you mine! But I didn't realize until I unpacked it here at home that PP actually flies around the castle while the music box tune, "I Can Fly", is playing. Isn't that just so cute!! Thanks again for the calendar (gorgeous pictures!) and for finding a Minnie Pin for me!

Thanks for organizing another great London DIS meet, Darren! :) Lisa did a beautiful job of scrapbooking all your pictures, too!

It was a great time. It was nice to see everyone again and to meet a few new people. I love the idea of an outdoor one in the summer. Then I could bring my DS and my DH.

Thanks for all the info on DVC. If anyone wants to know anything about DVC from a Canadian post here. There are lots of experts.

Thanks Eleanor for the great pin. My DS really liked it and wants to put it in his collection.

Thanks again Darren and Lisa.

We had a great time too. I just want to state that I am not old -- just youth challenged. :bounce:

A summer BBQ meet would be great. Count us in.

Janet -- glad you got your errands done! Buying snowglobes is a definite important errand!

No problem everyone we enjoyed doing it and what better way to spend a cloudy saturday afternoon than hanging out with all your Disney friends. Hey if we can't be there then we may as well all be together here. So in about a month or so maybe we could look at some dates for a BBQ meet. I would guess June or late May even what do people think?
Thanks again for coming everyone we had a great time
Darren & Lisa and Paige
Ps Lisa says thanks for the compliments on the scrapbook she just wishes she had a little more time to work on it and get it finnished.

We also had a great time; even though Tony missed some of the meet. Nice to see some new faces and talk to old friends too. Sorry about your DD's hockey game MikeJ. Our DD lost her indoor soccer game too. Why is it I want to go back to Florida after one of these meets? I really liked your scrapbook Lisa; maybe you could become my "official" scrapbooker? Better yet get Darren on the projects!!!!! Thanks DSNY FN for arranging this.

It was great to see everyone again, and meet a couple of new people! Loved all of the pictures, especially the "slide show" on Julie's laptop! I love the idea of an outdoor meet. I must check out that Peter Pan snowglobe ... it sounds really beautiful. Glad to hear that those of you who travelled from afar made it home safely on Saturday.

Thanks for organizing a great meet, Darren, Lisa and Paige.

Have a great day everyone.

Mary Liz

Maryliz Paige had a great time playing and colouring with your daughter she hopes maybe they can play again sometime. Sorry I didn't let her run around the table though or play under it I just figured it would be better to keep her all propper today wouldn't want to dissapoint any one hehehe. Thans again for coming everyone and maing this a great little event. Let us know what would be a good month/day for an outdoor dismeet at the park and we can try and get some ideas together for it.
Darren

Darren, :rotfl:

Your Paige is such a sweetie ... she went through Lisa's scrapbook with me, and gave me lots of commentary. Too funny about those Ariel bathing suits that the girls all have!

I would vote for June for another meet, especially if we're going to do the outdoor thing. I was talking to Debbie on Sat night to fill her in on what she missed, and she mentioned that if we were looking for another place for an indoor meet, they have a beautiful new facility out at the Husky -- Hwy 401 and Westchester Bourne (old Hwy 74). This would be great for those coming from out of town, and isn't too far out of the way for those in London. Just a thought.

Mary Liz

Sounds like a great meet! Good people, lots of pics.....and garlic!! lol...:teeth:

I hope I get to meet some of you at the Toronto meet! ::yes:: :D

Yes Maryliz that is funny about the swim suits hey what is it they say great minds think alike and well we both love disney so that pretty much sums it up right there. The new Husky would likeley be a great place never thought about that one as they just finnished a big renovation out there. June is what we were thinking for an outdoor meet to especially if we are at a park that has a splash pad for the kids. Hopefully we can all make it out to the TO meet Snowark it would be great to meet some of the TO area disers.

June would be great. Hopefully you can make the Toronto meet Darren. Was great seeing everyone even though here at work nobody understands these things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter