loews portofino bay hotel still not opened?

Why hasent portofino bay hotel opened yet, is there a problem their?
We were there in March and they were under construction. It was a pain. I'll bet they took this time to finish some projects before having guests again (at least I hope!)

I would assume that it is too pricey to open all the hotels and run them at low capacity. It is more economical to just use a couple of hotels to meet demands.

From their reservation system, everything is back open by July 1.....unless there is reason to scale back down.

We were there in March and they were under construction. It was a pain. I'll bet they took this time to finish some projects before having guests again (at least I hope!)
I was thinking this as well - get it done so its ready when they truly need it

I would assume that it is too pricey to open all the hotels and run them at low capacity. It is more economical to just use a couple of hotels to meet demands.

From their reservation system, everything is back open by July 1.....unless there is reason to scale back down.
Agree - of course they are only booking every other room in the hotels that are open

Between attendance being low and the fact they are now behind on in-progress refurbishments, its not at all surprising to me they are still closed. As PP said, they are accepting/keeping reservations for after August 1st.

I was just told that PB is closed until August 15. I have the option to move to Hard Rock for no difference in cost.

Hard Rock is usually cheaper.
I know. I booked through Costco and when I called to talk to them ,they said Lowe’s said it was an equal hotel. I told him the rooms are 20% smaller and the pool is not swimable. He said if I would like a larger room he would inquire as to how much more it would be. I said so you are giving me a lesser room and if I want the equal room it will cost me more? Yes. I am stuck. The family wants to go,and I am just the wallet.

I was just told that PB is closed until August 15. I have the option to move to Hard Rock for no difference in cost.
Last week it was August 1 for PB opening
From what you said, appears a new change for that hotel.

Hotels will not be full when they first open so don’t know if they reopen in spurts and stop reservations when they hit a specific limit or if they will stay closed for all until
August 15.

Last week it was August 1 for PB opening
From what you said, appears a new change for that hotel.

Hotels will not be full when they first open so don’t know if they reopen in spurts and stop reservations when they hit a specific limit or if they will stay closed for all until
August 15.
I got my reservation last July, so I am thinking it is closed to all until August 15.

We booked one night there in September. Was really looking forward to staying. We have no interest in Hard Rock and hopefully they'll let us move our reservation to RPR instead if PB still isn't open.

Thanks for the updates.

I posted on another page but thought I would post it here as well. I called into Loews yesterday and was told that the PB is now not scheduled to open until August 31 at the earliest. He seemed a bit doubtful that it would be opened then though. We are not going until November but I was told that Loews would contact me one or two weeks before our check-in date to switch us to another hotel if PB was not open yet.

I know. I booked through Costco and when I called to talk to them ,they said Lowe’s said it was an equal hotel. I told him the rooms are 20% smaller and the pool is not swimable. He said if I would like a larger room he would inquire as to how much more it would be. I said so you are giving me a lesser room and if I want the equal room it will cost me more? Yes. I am stuck. The family wants to go,and I am just the wallet.

Did you check to see what the online price is?

Pbh now states August 31 would be the earliest date for opening

but don’t hold your breath on that.

I looked at the PBH AP rates when I was rebooking our December trip because I would *love* to have the extra space but didn't bother because I don't think it will be open even by then. I'm guessing the other premier hotels aren't even close to capacity despite the closed-off rooms, especially since there's less need to stay at a hotel that offers free EPs right now. They're not going to add the expense of maintaining another hotel if the others are at low capacity.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but where are guests with PBH reservations being moved to? We're booked there in October. I'm guessing they'd refund the price difference (if there is one) if they moved us to HRH or RPR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter