• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Local Phone Calls

zcomic

Mouseketeer
What does it cost for a local phone call from your room at a WDW resort? (We'll be at WL)

My reason for asking is because of a bad experience off-site on our last trip. We like to bring my laptop so I can download our digital pics then e-mail them to family & friends instead of post cards. I had all the local AOL numbers set up and had no problems connecting. The problem was (which I found out after connecting several times) the hotel we were at (Caribe Royale) charged by the minute for LOCAL calls, just like they do for long distance. I'd never experienced this before at a hotel. I'm hoping the WL doesn't do this.

It costs 75 cents per local call from the WL. Disney does not charge by the phone time, but Universal hotels do.

75 cents per call. Not by the minute. We were ther in May 27 - June 10 at Fort Wilderness and at AKL. At FW if you went to the check in area you could plug the laptop in for FREE or you could use it from yor cabin for the 75 cents rate. AT AKL it was 75 cents all the time. My wife and son would leave the AOL connection going sometimes for 3 hours or better. We were only charged the 75 cents for each call out. Make sure to ask at the front desk for a good AOL number to use. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter