Local non-DS that's more of a DS than a DS

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Huh?
The Enchanted Castle:
A new Omaha-an opened a Disney collectable store in the old DS that closed in January.
She has MANY items, from Electrical parade blinking badges to a Mickey daybed.
Tables, chairs, large vases, tons of cells, lots of Mickey & Co, WDCC (with pins of course), plates, and large and small misc.
Even Villains (Maleificent) cookie jars, Dom!
One area has a TV playing Disney classic vidos, that of course also sells classic videos packages, and table top Disney books.
Not a real friendly store though. A large sign *greets* shoppers that states anyone entering is agreeing their packages and belongs can be searched. And there are the standard, you break, you buy signs.
The owner doesn't seem like a warm person. One of those stores you always feel closey watched.
I bought tow postcards -- one Lilo & Stitch and a TS.

I'm just curious, what were the prices like? For example, if this store was selling a cel that you could get at WDW (like Viva La Hula, which sells for $295), was the price the same?

I'll have to ask DH. He looked at the cells/prices.
I knew they were too high for my pocketbook, so I didn't bother looking too close. ;)
I know he mentioned some were $500+. One he described was from Roger Rabbit. And it was a cell that even had the (real/live) actor in it.
What I did notice was the prices were what you would expect to see in a store like that. Nothing a bargain or sale price.
It's just that she has a nice, wide variety.
She even carries current and back issues of Disneyana magazines and such.
I saw a Mickey & Co Minnie figurine that I bought at a Hallmark clearance sale for $8. She wanted $24.99.
She even sells Mickey luggage accessories. Really a nice selection, esp for around here. Just at regular mall/specialty store prices.
She even has Pooh figurines, plates, ornaments, etc.
Lots of very nice stuff, at very nice prices. ;)

I live in Omaha and noticed the store. I thought it must be Disney-owned. But it looks kind of shabby.

Is the merchandise there all new? Is she buying and selling like an antique store?

I seem to remember that some of the shop is still Disney-themed ... maybe the carpeting or the tile outside the store. I wouldn't think Disney would like that.

The store is not Disney, and the DS want everyone to know that! ;)
I forgot to look, but a CM told me she even has employee badges similar to CM badges. The bubble on the bottom is missing is all.
I saw a few of the Mickey and Co display items were chipped/damaged. (The items not in glass cases.) If I was buying that product in a box, I would look it over carefully.
I didn't think it looked shabby. Even the carpet looked new. But when I was there just last week (evening), carpenters were still building displays. So I think the store is still a work in progress.
Most everything is in nice looking glass cases/displays. (More for security reasons, I am sure.)
But when I saw the Minnie figurine I bought as a discontinued item LAST YEAR, I wondered then if what she has done was buy end of lots.
But that can be a good thing. It is probably your last chance to buy this item if you saw it before.
I have to say it was nice to watch/hear Mary Poppins, rather than Disney commercials like now play in the DS.
This store was more like I remember DS how they USE to be.

Does she have a website? Did you see any luggage tags? I'd like to find some that have characters but don't necessarily advertise one park or another.

Shari

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter