Local Foods?

Scrapple (yum)
Taylor Pork Roll (yick)
Snapping turtle soup (my husband & sons trap & butcher the turtles and I make the soup, but I don't care for it)
scotch eggs
Boost/Take-a-Boost - no, not the protein drink!
deer/venison, goose, duck

Italian Beef sandwiches....

italian-beef.jpg

Most of these are no longer local of course. Some may have found them odd when they were.
cioppino
sourdough bread.
Hangtown Fry
Mission style burrito
Crab Louie
Chicken Tetrazzini
Green Goddess Dressing.
Rice A roni
It's It.

Last edited:
I love whole belly clams, didn't realize they were regional! I am also a big fan of B&M canned brown bread. My nana used to slice it and fry it in butter to go with beans and hot dogs (not red ones).
How about Moxie and fiddleheads? I have to say, they are some of the very few foods on my "I'd rather be dead than eat" list. Moxie usually gets pretty negative reviews, but folks up here LOVE fiddleheads!
Liked the rest of your post (we agree!) but I didn't know what fiddleheads are!

My father loved Moxie. My brother still buys it now and then. I was never a big fan. :crazy2:

Gertrude Hawk chocolate; wise potato chips; tastykakes; pierogie; minute steaks; Dunmore Candy Kitchen candy; Old Forge Style Pizza. Our daughter lives in Virginia and whenever we go down, we have to bring lots of regional items for her (and now her co-workers request certain things also!!)

Gertrude Hawk chocolate; wise potato chips; tastykakes; pierogie; minute steaks; Dunmore Candy Kitchen candy; Old Forge Style Pizza. Our daughter lives in Virginia and whenever we go down, we have to bring lots of regional items for her (and now her co-workers request certain things also!!)

Hi, Neighbor! :) These are all places super close to me! We have family out of state as well, and several of those items are things they want sent to them or get as soon as they come in to visit!!

I love a good 3-Way. :oops:

Chili, silly! Cincinnati Chili. Actually my favorite is a 4-way. (I add beans) And fwiw, Skyline isn't the best, but it was the best pic I could find. Dixie Chili is the best. Just sayin' ;)
6BF88857-3FA2-43BA-96FE-798B1069749C.jpeg

I've only seen Big Red soda in South Carolina. Goo Goo clusters, also, although I've seen them at Cracker Barrel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter