Local Disney Store told my sister that they won't be having Disney Dollars anymore...

I asked the store mgr, she said it is business as usual and they will still carry $$$.

Originally posted by doombuggy [/B]BTW, you cannot purchase D$ with a gift card (I see someone suggested that). [/B]

Actually that's not true. I have used a Disney Store gift card many, many times to purchase Disney Dollars. I have done this at 2 different stores. Only once was an employee hesitant and I pointed out to her that the back of the card did not list that as an exclusion. She said I was right and went on to give me the Disney Dollars. Many other DIS'ers have done the same.

Since the Disney Store Cards have no value to you. Treat them that way!! They are FREE money to you. Why be miserly with the good wishs. Don't look at prices, just use the money your Co-Workers SPENT TO GET the cards.......for......

Do you collect Any Character items?? Buy that character.

Christmas is getting close have a Disney Christmas tree buy all the Orniments and Christmas 3ft characters for the window.

Disney Stores sell artwork as the Disney CELLS.

DS sells Guide books, Adult clothes and Coats.

DS sells childrens items like character underware and coats and shirts,and toys, dolls for girls or sports items for boys.

DS sells DVD's, childrens books, Computer games.

STILL can't stand anything in the Disney Store GIVE the Cards to a Childrens Charity!! They will sure make use of them to make Magic!!

was just at my disney store and they told me if i want to buy some i had better get in with in the week or it would be to late. she said they had not gotten another shipment of them. not sure about the park passes. I buy disney dollars everytime i go and they see me and ask how many?? how sad-- cashed in my change today and plan on going in the am. just thougt i'd pass this info. along

Originally posted by djm99
I called the 800 number on the Disney Direct website and was told as long as the stores say Disney Stores the Disney dollars will still be available and there are negotiations going on as we speak about what will and will not be available in these new stores.

Bavaria--Maybe I missed something, but why can't you buy Disney Dollars with your gift certificates now while the Disney Stores still carry them? Is it the Canadian thing?

I went yesterday and was told they would still be carrying the Disney dollars. I hope the CM was right.

We were told that for now we will still be carrying Disney Dollars.

Originally posted by swilphil
Bavaria--Maybe I missed something, but why can't you buy Disney Dollars with your gift certificates now while the Disney Stores still carry them? Is it the Canadian thing?

It varies from store to store. Some let you some don't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter