Living the DLuxe Life-Sep 2019 (Universal & WDW DTR)-Completed 12/27

Thanks for the Bice pics and review, Yelp has very few pics and we’re going soon! Glad to hear it’s still good, we went about 10 years ago and really liked it back then!

No problem! Yelp and Tripadvisor can be pretty sparse for Universal reviews, and I agree I always like to see pictures of the food before we go. I definitely highly recommend Bice, and I think there's a few more pictures in my last Dec DTR too.

Your Bice meals look great! It's always good to hear of gluten-free done well. Sorry your La Hacienda entrees weren't as good as the appetizers. I wanted to comment that we almost always go to Crystal Palace, both for the food and sentimental reasons. My nephew (now 24), who has autism, showed zero interest in speaking when he was a preschooler. One night when he was about 3, he and I watched Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, and after that, I gave him a bath. While in the tub, he started singing one of the songs from the video. pooh: My SIL and I decided that if he could sing, then he was going to talk! (sorry to hijack!) I'm glad that you and Samantha enjoyed it!

Oh no! Usually I never make it to the snacks, but I'm glad we didn't get more PP pictures :rotfl:
😆

This is the point in the trip where Josh joined me!
Yay! :woohoo:

We were boring and got the same entrees as last time. :rotfl:

:rotfl: I was getting ready to type "if it ain't broke..." and then of course saw this :laughing::thumbsup2

but it could be Disney magic.
::yes:: Quite possible.

A look at both our dishes at a table in Morocco and not on a trash can:
Is it even a Food and Wine sampling if you don't eat on a trash can?! :confused::laughing:

The strudel was disappointing though I thought it'd be warm, but it was quite cold.
Cold? Why would it be cold?! :sad2: My sister and her German fiance are going to serve strudel at their wedding in June in lieu of cake. I hope that's warm :laughing:

Your Bice meals look great! It's always good to hear of gluten-free done well. Sorry your La Hacienda entrees weren't as good as the appetizers. I wanted to comment that we almost always go to Crystal Palace, both for the food and sentimental reasons. My nephew (now 24), who has autism, showed zero interest in speaking when he was a preschooler. One night when he was about 3, he and I watched Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, and after that, I gave him a bath. While in the tub, he started singing one of the songs from the video. pooh: My SIL and I decided that if he could sing, then he was going to talk! (sorry to hijack!) I'm glad that you and Samantha enjoyed it!

They're always really good! They really pay attention to detail there, and the waiters seem to know the menu very well. We had a similar experience with the food at San Angel Inn too, so it might just be the food they have there doesn't really appeal to us for the most part, but the chicken did taste weird in that entree.

Aw that's so sweet. I love that story.

Is it even a Food and Wine sampling if you don't eat on a trash can?! :confused:

I feel as though we failed a Food & Wine sampling because we found tables :rotfl:

Cold? Why would it be cold?! :sad2: My sister and her German fiance are going to serve strudel at their wedding in June in lieu of cake. I hope that's warm :laughing:

Why would it be cold, is a very good question. :laughing:

HHN Snacks (Days 4, 5, 6)

Night 4

Ever since I had my first Twisted Tater on Saturday I was craving another one.

I think it's because I love salt and vinegar chips, and this was kind of like the potato version of that. So on our 4th HHN night, I decided to stop and get another one. Sadly, this one was a disappointment.

IMG_2314.jpeg

You can't really see it in the above picture, but it was absolutely COVERED in the seasoning.

I got the same thing as before with the salt and vinegar seasoning, but the guy who poured the seasoning this time just covered the whole thing in so much of it, that it wasn't really edible. I tried to eat some of it, but it was so salty that my tongue was burning and my eyes were watering.

I was hoping some part of it wasn't covered, but I ended up giving up. I really liked the first one I had, but I think it might just be luck of the draw how good they are because if they have this much seasoning on them you can't even eat them. I don't think this is the norm, and next time I'd see if you can ask them to go lighter, but this one was terrible.

Night 5

We also repeated another snack on day 5, with the delicious S'mores fries.

S'mores Fries
Sweet potato fries with chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker crumbs

Despite the fact that these aren't deep, they are a sharing snack in my opinion. These held up to the first night, and we're just as chocolate-y and delicious as I remembered.

IMG_2511.jpeg

Day 6

Finally I'm cheating a little for day 6 because we didn't have anything at the event. Earlier in the trip I had purchased this, and figured Samantha and I would try it:

IMG_3089.jpeg

But we ended up forgetting about it because it was packing in my luggage so I didn't get to try it until I got home. I took it to my dad's and we decided to try it. I thought he would like it because he likes these flavors, but didn't think I would because I don't really like cotton candy or jelly beans. But actually we both hated it :rotfl: The cotton candy chocolate had a really weird flavor (it didn't even really taste like cotton candy). I don't know how to describe it, but we thought it was pretty gross. I'm also still glad I bought it because how often can you say you tried a Killer Klowns candy bar?

Overall HHN had some really good snacks this year. I think every year they have more/get a little more creative with the snacks. I was a little disappointed in the Starcourt Mall Food Court, and the lack of a Scoops Ahoy (especially when I saw HHN Hollywood had one and some of their snacks looked even cooler than ours). But I loved the S'mores Fries, and I'm glad I got to try a Twisted Tater finally. The candy bar may have been disappointing, but I was really happy with all the merch this year (especially the Killer Klowns stuff). This is the first year I've really gotten a chance to sample the snacks and drinks, and while they weren't all winners (although most of them were), I'm glad we finally got to try some of them.

Last edited:

Mythos

We used to go to Mythos every single trip because we loved the food. My favorites are the Tuscan Tomato Soup appetizer, and the Chocolate Banana Gooey Cake. I love the decor in the restaurant too, and it's the only in park restaurant at Universal I'd really recommend. However in May 2017 we went there and had a a disaster of a meal. Our waiter was snappy, they put croutons in Josh's food and took forever to come back and get us more, our table was dirty, my burger was one of the worst I've ever had, and when we asked for the already gluten free chocolate cake the waiter acted like he was doing us a big favor by "making is gluten free for us". :confused:

So we hadn't gone back for a few years, but this year we decided we were ready to try again. So we had scheduled a lunch with Alyssa and Zack at Mythos for this day.

When we got there Josh ordered the:

Tuscan Tomato Soup (GF)
slow roasted hearty tomato soup, housemade croutons, Parmesan, basil oil drizzle

IMG_2544.jpeg

This is so good. I typically don't like tomato soups, but this one tastes just like a cheesy sauce, that I want to eat a bowl of. We usually share, and they usually bring out some bread (which I think is just cut up GF hamburger buns for dipping).

I also do want to note that although the menu declares it to be a GF option it does still need to be modified by removing the croutons because those aren't GF. (I feel like it's a little misleading to have the GF there, and croutons in the description).

Sadly, we didn't get the buns or a spoon. :rotfl:

IMG_2545.jpeg
(Poor Josh, all this delicious soup and he only has a fork).

The spoon came eventually, but I don't think they ever brought Josh any bread. I do think I had some, but I didn't take a picture of it. Probably because they stopped giving out the butter stamped with the Universal logo, and just give out plain butter now.

I felt it important to note that our waiter strongly resembled the designer guy in Beetlejuice (Otho). :lmao:
As an entree, Josh got the:

Pad Thai ( GF, V)
Rice noodles, mixed vegetables, chicken and shrimp tossed in a sweet and sour peanut sauce

IMG_2546.jpeg

He'd never had it before, but really loved the combination of flavors; and ended up loving it so much he makes it at home now.

I got the:

Gnocchi Bolognese
Slow simmered beef and tomato sauce, cream, crispy Parmesan wafers

IMG_2547.jpeg

This wasn't the best gnocchi I've ever had (it was a little chewier than it should be and needed more sauce), but it was still pretty good. I liked the crisp wafers on top.

And finally we finished with the delicious:

Chocolate Banana Gooey Cake
Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake, Drizzled with Caramel Sauce, Topped with Peanut Butter Ice Cream, and Candied Bananas

IMG_2552.jpeg

This all goes together so perfectly. The warm chocolate-y cake, the cold ice cream, the peanut butter with bananas, the caramel sauce. It's just the right size, and while it has a peanut butter component it's not too strong. (I'm the weirdo who isn't a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter so I'm glad it isn't part of the cake, but I do like peanut butter and bananas).
Josh ended the meal with a cappuccino:

IMG_8743.jpeg

I think Mythos may have redeemed itself with that meal. Our favorites were still good, and we found some new entrees we liked. (Because although I gave this restaurant another chance, there's no way I'd ever order another burger here again). I might try another entree next time, but I know Josh will surely want to go there again to get the Pad Thai. We also had a fun time hanging out with Zack and @amalone1013, and though I know I said it there, I wanted to thank Alyssa again for treating us to this delicious meal. :hug:

Last edited:
HHN Snacks (Days 4, 5, 6)

Night 4

Ever since I had my first Twisted Tater on Saturday I was craving another one.

View attachment 457184

I think it's because I love salt and vinegar chips, and this was kind of like the potato version of that. So on our 4th HHN night, I decided to stop and get another one. Sadly, this one was a disappointment.

ZtY57u6l.jpg

You can't really see it in the above picture, but you can in this one:

bnMj0jtl.jpg

It was absolutely COVERED in the seasoning.

View attachment 457185

I got the same thing as before with the salt and vinegar seasoning, but the guy who poured the seasoning this time just covered the whole thing in so much of it, that it wasn't really edible. I tried to eat some of it, but it was so salty that my tongue was burning and my eyes were watering.

View attachment 457188

I was hoping some part of it wasn't covered, but I ended up giving up. I really liked the first one I had, but I think it might just be luck of the draw how good they are because if they have this much seasoning on them you can't even eat them. I don't think this is the norm, and next time I'd see if you can ask them to go lighter, but this one was terrible.

Night 5

We also repeated another snack on day 5, with the delicious S'mores fries.

S'mores Fries
Sweet potato fries with chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker crumbs

Despite the fact that these aren't deep, they are a sharing snack in my opinion. These held up to the first night, and we're just as chocolate-y and delicious as I remembered.

DyBDgCbl.jpg

Day 6

Finally I'm cheating a little for day 6 because we didn't have anything at the event. Earlier in the trip I had purchased this, and figured Samantha and I would try it in a vlog:

0jXGWLul.jpg

But we ended up forgetting about it because it was packing in my luggage so I didn't get to try it until I got home. I took it to my dad's and we decided to try it. I thought he would like it because he likes these flavors, but didn't think I would because I don't really like cotton candy or jelly beans. But actually we both hated it :rotfl: The cotton candy chocolate had a really weird flavor (it didn't even really taste like cotton candy). I don't know how to describe it, but we thought it was pretty gross. I'm also still glad I bought it because how often can you say you tried a Killer Klowns candy bar?

View attachment 457190

Overall HHN had some really good snacks this year. I think every year they have more/get a little more creative with the snacks. I was a little disappointed in the Starcourt Mall Food Court, and the lack of a Scoops Ahoy (especially when I saw HHN Hollywood had one and some of their snacks looked even cooler than ours). But I loved the S'mores Fries, and I'm glad I got to try a Twisted Tater finally. The candy bar may have been disappointing, but I was really happy with all the merch this year (especially the Killer Klowns stuff). This is the first year I've really gotten a chance to sample the snacks and drinks, and while they weren't all winners (although most of them were), I'm glad we finally got to try some of them.

View attachment 457191

We bought E.T. and Back to the Future candy bars on our trip (and maybe something else), and they were not very good. I don't think it is the flavor combinations (I love Reese's pieces and malt flavoring); I think they use really cheap chocolate even though they charge 3 for $10 or something like that. It tasted more like candy melt "chocolate" and not even Hershey quality.
If you look at the packaging they are labeled "chocolate flavored."

I feel as though we failed a Food & Wine sampling because we found tables :rotfl:
I agree... :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Why would it be cold, is a very good question. :laughing:
It doesn't even make sense?! :laughing:

However in May 2017 we went there and had a a disaster of a meal.
Ugh, I'd forgotten about that meal, and the kindness of your waiter to make an already GF option... GF :rolleyes2

I felt it important to note that our waiter strongly resembled the designer guy in Beetlejuice (Otho). :lmao:
Very important :rotfl:

Warm Flourless Chocolate Cake, Drizzled with Caramel Sauce, Topped with Peanut Butter Ice Cream, and Candied Bananas
This has Tracy written all over it! What's not to love?! :thumbsup2

Glad that Mythos redeemed itself and that you had such a nice visit with Dis friends, too :goodvibes

We bought E.T. and Back to the Future candy bars on our trip (and maybe something else), and they were not very good. I don't think it is the flavor combinations (I love Reese's pieces and malt flavoring); I think they use really cheap chocolate even though they charge 3 for $10 or something like that. It tasted more like candy melt "chocolate" and not even Hershey quality.
If you look at the packaging they are labeled "chocolate flavored."

I agree that's probably mostly why they taste weird (although I think part of mine was the cotton candy flavor just because it was so strange). I hate that cheap chocolate taste, that's so gross :crazy2:

Ugh, I'd forgotten about that meal, and the kindness of your waiter to make an already GF option... GF :rolleyes2

We'll never forget his kindness :rotfl:

Shula's Steakhouse
It was quite cold in Shula's, and of course because it was September in Florida I only brought a Scoops Ahoy sweatshirt and a Universal spirit jersey as "jackets". So I spent this meal wearing a very classy combo of my Universal spirit jersey over my dress. :lmao:

The sourdough & gluten free bread:

IMG_2633.jpeg

After all the trips we've made to Shula's over the years, I have to admit the bread is growing on me. It's warm and the crust is perfectly crispy and delicious.

Josh got a Scotch, and of course I noted to "ask him which one", which would've been helpful if I had actually done that. :rotfl: Alas, not all of us are currently awake. But those that are awake don't actually know the names of any kinds of Scotch....

IMG_2637.jpeg

Moving on to entrees, I don't think I've ever strayed from my favorite entree here:

12-oz Filet Mignon with Bernaise sauce

IMG_2640.jpeg

As usual this was so tender, delicious, and melted in your mouth. The Bernaise sauce perfectly complemented the steak.

Josh got the:

22-oz Cowboy Ribeye

IMG_2641.jpeg

That's also the steak he always gets here, which he enjoys trying to eat all of. As always the steaks here are perfect. He also got a new side:

Garlic Kale
White Tuscan Kale, Olive Oil, and Toasted Garlic

As you all have seen the surprising transition over the years. Josh went from hating vegetables to eating Kale for fun. :crazy2: He said this was really good.

(As you may remember from another DTR, I believe this is how Josh started eating vegetables).

I was excited to see they'd finally added a mac and cheese centric side (that was sans lobster since I don't like seafood and all steakhouses seem to just have lobster mac and cheese).

Macaroni & Cheese
Cavatappi Pasta, Gouda-Cheddar Cheese Sauce, and Bread Crumbs

IMG_2642.jpeg

It was okay, but I love gouda and I expected it to be better. As I always say even when the sides aren't the winners, it's still worth it here for the steak, but I figured the mac and cheese would have more flavor. It was definitely not as good as the truffle mac from Steakhouse 55 we'd had earlier in the year.

Josh finished the meal with a cappuccino as usual:

IMG_2643.jpeg

So cute :lovestruc

Overall we had another delicious meal at Shula's, and I can't recommend this restaurant enough for anyone who wants good steak. We enjoy it so much here, that we find it hard to pick any other steak place. But we have tried Yachtsman, STK, and The Palm (over at Universal), and this one still ranks number 1 for me. (Though we have yet to try Bull and Bear, but I'm hopeful we'll try that this year). Other times we've been here we've had appetizers and desserts that we're also good, and the steaks are always made perfectly. Ever since we discovered Shula's in 2016 we've tried to go almost every trip, and we've never had a bad meal there.

Last edited:
So I spent this meal wearing a very classy combo of my Universal spirit jersey over my dress. :lmao:
:rotfl2: The dress is gorgeous, as is the picture of you two:goodvibes

Alas, not all of us are currently awake. But those that are awake don't actually know the names of any kinds of Scotch....
I actually LOLed at this. But you’re in good company, I couldn’t name a Scotch if I tried :confused3:laughing:

Sounds like another great meal there! :thumbsup2

The Daily Poutine & Dluxe Burger

Our first stop today was a snack I couldn't leave without getting which of course was the:

Classic Poutine
French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Curds

IMG_2790.jpeg

As always this was delicious and really hit the spot.

And now for the moment I settled on a name for this dining report :rotfl: :

IMG_8744.jpeg

Sadly, at this time there was still no mobile ordering for allergies (I'm not sure if they've added it yet because I've seen stuff about it coming soon before) so we had to wait in the actual line. Which moved very slowly, and took about 40 minutes. It's really frustrating when you know that you can mobile order, but then can't because there isn't an allergy option.

While waiting in line I become very invested in the saga of a family of 12 trying to squeeze into a table, that kept getting tray after tray delivered to their table to the point where it didn't even fit. Also one of them was a pickle thief and kept stealing pickles off others trays when they weren't looking. :lmao: To this day I wonder if the pickle thief was ever caught.

I ordered the:

Southern Burger
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Green Tomato, Pimento, Lettuce, Grilled Onion and Bacon

IMG_2798.jpeg

This is what I tried last time when Samantha and I went there in June. How good the burgers here are usually come down to how well they're cooked, and in this case mine was overcooked so it was a little disappointing.

Josh got the:

Barbecue Burger
Signature Blend Beef Patty topped with a Fried Onion Ring, Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Barbecue Sauce, Grilled Onion and Lettuce

IMG_8745.jpeg

His was overcooked too, sadly.

And as usual the fries were good.

Overall Dluxe Burger is usually one of our favorite QS stops. Most the time we get juicy, perfectly cooked burgers, but sometimes we do get ones that are overcooked which can be disappointing since the food is usually better than that. Sadly, this was one of those times. But I do still think it's a solid choice in Disney Springs. And the Classic Poutine at The Daily Poutine is a stop I make every trip, where I've never been disappointed.

Last edited:
It was absolutely COVERED in the seasoning.

Wow that's an insane amount of seasoning!

The cotton candy chocolate had a really weird flavor (it didn't even really taste like cotton candy). I don't know how to describe it, but we thought it was pretty gross. I'm also still glad I bought it because how often can you say you tried a Killer Klowns candy bar?

That candy bar did look pretty cool! Sorry to hear it tasted gross though.

I was a little disappointed in the Starcourt Mall Food Court, and the lack of a Scoops Ahoy

Yeah I didn't get that at all! A perfect opportunity thrown away.

(Poor Josh, all this delicious soup and he only has a fork).

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow that sounds amazing!

Here's us before dinner at Shula's:

You guys look amazing! :love:

So I spent this meal wearing a very classy combo of my Universal spirit jersey over my dress.

:rotfl::rotfl: I've been there before

Josh got a Scotch, and of course I noted to "ask him which one", which would've been helpful if I had actually done that. :rotfl: Alas, not all of us are currently awake. But those that are awake don't actually know the names of any kinds of Scotch....

I can relate to all parts of this lol. That's the type of unhelpful note I would leave myself and Mike is always sleeping or at work when I'm writing TRs so I can never ask anything lol. Also don't know any kinds of Scotch so you coulda lied and told me anything and I'd believe you lol

t's really frustrating when you know that you can mobile order, but then can't because there isn't an allergy option.

Yeah that's annoying.

While waiting in line I become very invested in the saga of a family of 12 trying to squeeze into a table, that kept getting tray after tray delivered to their table to the point where it didn't even fit. Also one of them was a pickle thief and kept stealing pickles off others trays when they weren't looking. :lmao: To this day I wonder if the pickle thief was ever caught.

:rotfl::rotfl:I also become very invested in what's happening with people around me when I'm in lines. This one sounds hysterical. If the pickle thief ate them fast enough, they might not have realized they even should have had a pickle and he totally would get away with it!

Wow that's an insane amount of seasoning!

It was so bad!

Yeah I didn't get that at all! A perfect opportunity thrown away.

They actually had a Scoops Ahoy with a couple different kinds of sundaes in Hollywood so I was really confused by the choice they made to not include it in the Starcourt food court.

Wow that sounds amazing!

It's so good!

You guys look amazing! :love:

Thank you!
:rotfl::rotfl:I also become very invested in what's happening with people around me when I'm in lines. This one sounds hysterical. If the pickle thief ate them fast enough, they might not have realized they even should have had a pickle and he totally would get away with it!

It's like a little soap opera :lmao: It's true! I don't know if they even noticed they were supposed to have pickles. I kept waiting for someone to call them out. I love pickles so I would've noticed for sure, but not everyone does.

Wrap Up aka The Best & Worst Food of Our Trip

We'll start with...

:rainbow:
The Best Meal of the Trip Overall
:rainbow:

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

IMG_0745.jpeg

This was my personal favorite. Part of that could be because it was the first night, and I was super excited to be there. Or it could be that there's a talking robot there. But our food was also all incredible. Our milkshake was amazing, our appetizer was delicious, and we were even a little adventurous with our entree and it was easily the best entree I've ever had there.

Runner Ups: Shula's Steakhouse & Bice

IMG_2640.jpeg

IMG_2262.jpeg

The steak at Shula's is always flawless, and food and service-wise, Bice is amazing. These are two of our favorite restaurants.

Worst Overall Meal: La Hacienda De San Angel

I'd been excited to try the food here for a long time, but nothing here wowed me. Not only that, but my entree was pretty gross, and the food was really expensive for the food being so average.

Best Fries: Jake's American Bar & The Daily Poutine

Sadly, I hear these fries were removed from the menu at Jake's which is really disappointing because they were amazing. :sad:

Best Appetizer: Avocado Bruschetta-Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
& Warm Manchego and Oaxaca Cheese Dip-Three Bridges Bar & Grill

92FE6B48-5E27-48A6-B05E-231143CC36ED.jpeg

Technically the Cobb Salad we got at the Brown Derby is an appetizer too so I'm counting that because it's my favorite salad ever.

Best Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake-Toothsome Chocolate Emporium,
Churros-Nomad Lounge, & Chocolate Banana Gooey Cake-Mythos

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg

Best WDW Snack: Constance's For Better or Worse Wedding Cake

IMG_1813.jpeg

Of all the snacks we had at WDW (especially at MNSSHP), Constance's Wedding Cake was a clear winner. This little cake was moist and full of flavor despite being a party snack made in massive quantities.

Worst WDW Snack: Green Milk

Both the Blue & Green Milk in Batuu aren't something I'd get again, but I'd still take the Blue Milk over the Green.

Best HHN Snack: S'mores Fries
These were amazing. So chocolate-y and delicious. I hope they bring them back next year!

Runner Up: Vampire Doughnut from Voodoo Doughnut
(I know this wasn't exactly an HHN snack, but they did only sell it during Halloween/HHN so I'm counting it).

Best Snack from F&W: Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes from Belgium

IMG_2367.jpeg

This has been my favorite dish every year since we started going to F&W in 2016, and it's still going strong in my opinion.

Worst Snack from F&W: Black Pepper Boursin® Soufflé with Fig Marmalade

You can refer to hilarious vlog footage of us trying to eat this if you want to see what we really thought. This was our least favorite, but we tried several disappointing things at F&W this year. Everything at the Canada booth, and the mac and cheese we'd both previously enjoyed from Active Eats were both pretty disappointing this year.

Best Service: Three Bridges Bar & Grill

Three Bridges really sticks out in my mind service-wise because our waitress took the time to talk to us and suggest things based on our tastes despite the fact that the place was very crowded with convention folk, and she probably had a million other tables to take care of.

Worst Service: Vivo Italian Kitchen

At Vivo we both got a lecture for being late, and rarely ever saw our waiter.

Best (Alcoholic) Drink: Leaping Lizard-Nomad Lounge

06B5D37C-3CAE-45FC-8BDF-1A4DCC6E67D0.jpeg

Coolest Restaurant: Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Toothsome is hard to beat when it comes to cool restaurant interiors, no matter how many times I've been there. It was also cool because I got to take someone there who'd never seen the inside before.

Best Breakfast/Brunch: The Kitchen Acoustic Brunch at the Hard Rock

31EEBF5E-A32C-45A8-92D4-BD14A44C08E4.jpeg

This was so much better than their standard breakfast/brunch, and I'd highly recommend this.

Most disappointing: Cowfish

I like Cowfish a lot, but half the time the burgers come out overcooked which is really disappointing. Especially because I know the burgers can be better, and burgers were the only thing we got here.

Most surprising (in a good way): Crystal Palace & Mythos

Crystal Palace surprised me by being just as good as I remembered. I felt it had enough unique offerings to set it apart from other buffets, and I love the Breakfast Lasagna. This was also the first time we've been to Mythos since we had a bad meal there a couple years back, and it made us remember why we loved it so much. Josh especially loved this Pad Thai, and now he makes it all the time at home.

So that wraps up this DTR!

It was really nice to be back at Disney and Universal after taking a break to go to California earlier in the year. (Though Samantha and I did do a Disney weekend in June). We got to do a lot of old favorites and go to some places we hadn't been to in a long time. We also got to try a few new places, and I got to share some of our favorites with Samantha. All in all we had a lot of good food on this trip.

I haven't started a new PTR yet, but I'll be posting in my TR for this trip when I get the PTR up.

"What Is This, a Crossover Episode?"-HHN 29, Universal, & A Little Disney (Sep 2019)

I will say that our next DTR will find us back at Disneyland and in the LA region, and we also plan to go back to WDW/Universal again for HHN's 30th so look out for those DTR's in the next year!

Last edited:
While waiting in line I become very invested in the saga of a family of 12
:rotfl: As a frequent solo traveler, I have to say that I often find myself getting very invested in the saga of other families :rotfl2:

Worst WDW Snack: Green Milk
Yep ::yes::

Constance's Wedding Cake was a clear winner. This little cake was moist and full of flavor despite being a party snack made in massive quantities.
I'm really bummed I failed to try this. Although I have to say that I wasn't holding out great expectations for it given what you said - party snack made in massive quantities. But I've consistently heard amazing reviews of this and have been kicking myself for ONLY trying the pumpkin milkshake on my MNNSHP night :sad2: I'll do better next time :thumbsup2

Another great trip, Raeven! And I'm so happy that you shared it with us again. Already looking forward to the next! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!