Living in Disney means FOOD! My Disney Fine Dining Adventure: UPDATE The Wave

Great QS reviews. I have on my list to try both Flame Tree and Tangierine Cafe. Your sandwich at BOG looks like something my hubby would love. I hadn't heard they put the Make your own treats back on DDp. Sounds like I will have to make a trip over there too.

Love your reviews and pictures!!!!:flower3::

Thanks! It's great to have you along. Have an amazing time on your girls trip! Maybe I will see you in Epcot :wizard:

Great QS reviews. I have on my list to try both Flame Tree and Tangierine Cafe. Your sandwich at BOG looks like something my hubby would love. I hadn't heard they put the Make your own treats back on DDp. Sounds like I will have to make a trip over there too.

Thanks! Both Flame Tree and Tangeriene were on the top of my list this week, and they didn't disappoint. The sandwich at BOG was totally yummy. The thick baguette really made it for me. I hope he enjoys it! And YES! Make your own treats are back on! At least at Goofy's...there is so much I have to learn about Disney, until last week, I didn't even know you could make your own treats. Now, I just want to go back there... :) Have an magical afternoon!

Oh, this is so much fun to read! You have a great writing style. Off to check out your blog shortly :)

It is totally okay! I often order a kids meal, and several times we have ordered just apps and drinks. At Disney, whatever you would like is totally okay ;) Believe me, I have been through the training...Next time, please don't hesitate to order whatever you would like!

So does that mean it won't be frowned upon if I waste a coveted Le Cellier ADR to order a bowl of soup and a glass of water?

Oh, this is so much fun to read! You have a great writing style. Off to check out your blog shortly :)

So does that mean it won't be frowned upon if I waste a coveted Le Cellier ADR to order a bowl of soup and a glass of water?

Thanks for stopping by! :goodvibes You are too sweet, so glad you enjoyed the reviews! I think Disney food is always fun.... :) As for Le Cellier, I certainly wouldn't think so. You should be fine. It is my plan to check out that restaurant soon, but just for dessert. I have a terrible sweet tooth...you should be fine, there are no rules stating you must order a whole meal. And I have heard the cheese soup is incredible! Have a magical evening!

Whew! Things have been so busy these past few weeks, I haven't even been able to go out to eat, much less write a dining review! :) But the other day, a few friends and I finally found time to enjoy a lovely meal. And, we decide to check out another one of those off-the-beaten-track places called Boatwrights at Port Orleans Riverside. If you are looking for some good Cajun cooking, this is the place to find it! With some yummy Louisiana cooking, if you are staying at Port Orleans or happen to be in the area, this place will not disappoint! :)

The view from right outside the restaurant. It is so lovely!​

Lets start with the atmosphere. First off, the towering shell of a boat floats majestically above the dining room. This is an open dining room that looks out over the walkway from the lobby to the food court. However, I didn't find the noise to affect our meal in the least bit.

I loved the table settings!​

While the atmosphere of Boatwrights is quaint and enjoyable, it isn't jaw dropping or anything to write home about. The food, however....

Check out the old boat-building instruments hanging​

Now we move on to the best part of any meal. The food!!!!! :) the menus had some incredible looking options, so we started with the fried crawfish tails as an appetizer.

With the tangy sauce on top, these little guys were a treat. However, one of my dining friends(Her name is Tabby, and she wanted to tell you all of you hello!) who grew up in the Deep South said she could get better ones at home, but these weren't bad. For me, a northerner who really hasn't had southern food, I thought they were great!

Next was the cornbread. It was fantastic! Served warm with butter, the outside was toasty, just like a muffin top. But inside, it was soft and moist. The taste was wonderful! A superb bread service.

Doesn't this lemonade look so cool? And yummy... :)

Then, it was on to the main course. I am fairly adventurous and wanted to try something I had never had before. Roll out the catfish! I saw this on the menu, and after debating between that or Jambalya, the catfish one. And it was an excellent decision! I had never had catfish before, and it didn't disappoint.

The seasoning was slightly spicy but with a nice flavor. The rice was good, and the Cayenne butter sauce was a nice touch and complimented the dish. It also came with asparagus, which I did not care for, but that was nothing against the dish, I just don't really like asparagus.

My friends got several different dishes, and they all enjoyed them. The consensus was the catfish was better than the chicken, so while the chicken was good, if you are debating, get the catfish :)

The Pork Chop

The Voodoo Chicken

The Pasta With Shrimp​

Then it was on to dessert! I had the Butterscotch Creme Brûlée. It was yummy, but not my favorite dish in the world. I felt it had a liquor taste to it, but I really don't know why, cause as far as I know, it had no liquor in it.

However, a few bites in, I began to find it nice. I liked it, in the end, but it won't be my first choice of dessert. The pecan pie and the chocolate cake were both fantastic.

The Chocolate Cake

The Pecan Pie and Ice Cream​

Overall, we enjoyed our evening at Boatwrights immensely. If you are staying at Port Orleans, this is an excellent place for a meal, but I wouldn't go out of your way to come here. Enjoy your meal and happy eating! :)

Hope to eat at Boatwright one day. If only to say I have. The menu does have some nice choices. I think your catfish and crawfish looks good. Makes me want to go find some crawfish. Thanks for the review.

Hope to eat at Boatwright one day. If only to say I have. The menu does have some nice choices. I think your catfish and crawfish looks good. Makes me want to go find some crawfish. Thanks for the review.

No problem :) I hope you get the chance to try it. It was yummy!!!! :)

Just loved your review of BOG; gave me tinglies; we have ADR's for our trip in April; so excited! My guess is, we will end up doing lunch there in addition to our dinner ADR!

Just loved your review of BOG; gave me tinglies; we have ADR's for our trip in April; so excited! My guess is, we will end up doing lunch there in addition to our dinner ADR!

Yay! So excited you got an ADR. Having now done lunch a few times, there is really nothing like dinner :) If you can, try to do your ADR before the QSR. For me, it was truly grand being welcomed into the ballroom the first time. I hope your experience is as magical as ours was! :)

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside this March. The food looks good at Boatwright's, but being from Louisiana I am pretty picky about my cajun food...

My wife gives me grief because I always want to see what other restaurants outside of Louisiana consider cajun food to be. I am usually disappointed...

I love reading your reviews!!

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside this March. The food looks good at Boatwright's, but being from Louisiana I am pretty picky about my cajun food...

My wife gives me grief because I always want to see what other restaurants outside of Louisiana consider cajun food to be. I am usually disappointed...

I love reading your reviews!!

Thanks! :) I totally understand that, hence, why I took my local Louisiana friend along ;) she enjoyed it, but said that home was better. If you end up trying it, let me know! :) I would love to hear your as-a-local opinion!

As I sit here on a beautiful Florida morning, contemplating breakfast, I am wishing to return to Tusker House. So, I thought, why not share that experience with all of you? We had breakfast at Tusker last week, and it was so much fun!

Tusker House is located in Harambe, Africa, in DAK, right on your way to the Kilimanjaro Safari. It is the perfect way to begin a busy day on the Savannah! The very first stop after check in is a photo opportunity with Donald Duck himself. He is ready to take Daisy out on a day of safariing, but first, stopped by Tusker to say hi. While we were waiting in line for Donald, our table was ready. So after a quick pic with the #1 duck, we were headed inside!

The atmosphere of Tusker is amazing. You can tell the Imagineers had a lot of fun with this one. Make sure to look up, for so many details are in the ceiling! We were seated in one of the back rooms, it was painted in a warm orange. Really nice for enjoying our food, but tough for pictures. So, I apologize in advance for the difficult state of some of my photos!

You really feel as if you have been transported onto the African Plains. A board above you states the safari departure times for today, while the wall gives you a cheat sheet on Swahili. And check out the ceiling! Is it just me, or have we stumbled onto an outdoor market?

The beautiful ceiling above the buffet!

Outside, where you meet Donald.

I just love this tower!

We were seated quickly, within about 15 minutes of our check in. However, and here is my one frustration with buffets, our server took another ten minutes to come get our drink order. Mickey was already to our table before we had ordered our drinks. So, if you are going to a character buffet, be prepared to wait a little while. But other than waiting a little while, we had an amazing breakfast! Of course, the first order of business: Jungle Juice!

After that, it was a picture of the Boss himself, who looked to be ready to spot lions, tigers, and bears!

Then, on to the best part of any meal: THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!! I loved the food at this buffet. It had your standard Disney buffet foods, such as Mickey waffles(I can never get enough of those little guys), sausage, bacon, eggs, and, a new one for me, tater tots! Mmmmm, I love tater tots.... In addition to the normal foods, there was also a taste of Africa, such as some interesting oatmeals, and these really yummy sweet cheese wraps.

My neon food plate. I'm telling you, the lighting was really tough! Buty hey, it still looks yummy, right?

These sweet cheese rolls were wonderful. They came with a strawberry or apple topping, but I preferred them plain.

I loved the market feel.

Talk about details! This bucket of potatoes was right in front of the pastries, just waiting to be sold in that morning's market.​

The best part of the meal? The pastries table. And guess what? THEY HAD KRISPY KREME DONUTS! I know, go to a Disney buffet and eat Krispy Kremes, but they were so yummy!

All the donuts!

Look, they are on a moving cart.​

Throughout our meal, we saw Daisy and Goofy. They were both wonderful, and Daisy and I had a lovely conversation about how to pick out the perfect Safari outfit. She even had a matching bracelet!

Then Goofy came by, and our conversation was full of hysterics, finishing with a marriage proposal by Goofy himself. The character interactions here were great!

Overall, the food was spectacular. And like every Disney buffet, I walked away with a full stomach ready to explore the day. You know what we did first? Ride Everest two times. I don't recommend it right after eating at Tusker....

Enjoy your meal!

Tusker House looks great. We have breakfast ADRs there for our trip in March, then dinner at Boma. I guess it will be an African meal day :)

I love that veggie pizza from Pizza Planet ! One of my favorite CS meals eventhough I know most people don't like their pizza.

Thank you For your Reviews ! My upcoming trip is the first that I will be eating table service- hey free dining you cant say no- you have me very excited about my reservations at Tuskar House and the Grand Floridan Cafe!

The only part of my trip that I know for certain is that we will have breakfast at Tusker House. Your pics and review get me more excited. And right now I need all the excitement I can get.

Tusker House looks great. We have breakfast ADRs there for our trip in March, then dinner at Boma. I guess it will be an African meal day :)

And there is nothing wrong with that! ;) Plus, it is a day of buffets, which is even better! I haven't done Boma for dinner yet, you will have to let me know how it is. :)

I love that veggie pizza from Pizza Planet ! One of my favorite CS meals eventhough I know most people don't like their pizza.

Me too!!!! Most people think I'm crazy, but I love Disney pizza...now you have me wanting to go to Pizza Planet for lunch.... Good to know I'm not alone in my Disney pizza love!

Thank you For your Reviews ! My upcoming trip is the first that I will be eating table service- hey free dining you cant say no- you have me very excited about my reservations at Tuskar House and the Grand Floridan Cafe!

You're right, you can't beat free dining! Tusker and the GF Cafe are both excellent choices. I am sure you will enjoy them immensely! Give Donald a hug for me, okay? :) What other places are you checking out?

The only part of my trip that I know for certain is that we will have breakfast at Tusker House. Your pics and review get me more excited. And right now I need all the excitement I can get.

Yay, glad you are having breakfast there! I am so glad to bring a little excitement and Disney magic to you :) Hoping you can make it over to our corner of the world soon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter