Living in a one bedroom in florida!?!?

sleezy18

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking of choosing a one bedroom in chatman or patterson for the dcp in florida

Just wondering if anyone has experience staying in one?
How big the apartment is.
How is the living situation in your opinion?

And other random stuff you would like to suggest!

THank you!

I had a friend who was in a one bedroom in Chatham and it was a nice size however another friend who was also in a 1bdrm in Chatahm had the tinniest apt ever. So I think the size of the actual apt varies.

annnnd that is all I have to give about 1 bedrooms. I was planning on trying to get a one bedroom so I only had to deal with one other person (and their possible dirty kitchen habits) but I found 3 girls I really love and wanted to live with so now we are aiming for a 2 bedroom. :)

I was in a one bedroom at Patterson and it was quite large. Our closet was huge.

However, because I had issues with my roommate, I wished I had a bigger apartment so I would have had some more company.

you have one roommate. All bedrooms are double occupancy.

In my case, my 2 person apartment turned into a 3 person apartment which made my home life miserable

you have one roommate. All bedrooms are double occupancy.

In my case, my 2 person apartment turned into a 3 person apartment which made my home life miserable

oh ok good :D cuz i reallt really want roomates hahaha just seems cool to be living with other girls your age lol :woohoo:

and how :( did someone just sneak in ? and live with you guys

My roommate's boyfriend (also lived at Patterson) ended up pretty much living with us instead of in his 3 BR apartment. They slept on an air mattress in the living room.

My roommate's boyfriend (also lived at Patterson) ended up pretty much living with us instead of in his 3 BR apartment. They slept on an air mattress in the living room.

OMG that would have made me soooooooo mad!!!
i didnt even think that would be aloud :headache:
really hope this dosnt happen when im down there cuz people and annoying relationships are a HUGE! part on why i wanna get down there
i wanna be able to just have fun work learn
not have to worry about people and dumb guys -_-

HEYYYYYYY!!!! That's probably going to be meee! but that's why i want to get a one bed room!

Cause my gf and i are both doing the program!

HEYYYYYYY!!!! That's probably going to be meee! but that's why i want to get a one bed room!

Cause my gf and i are both doing the program!

You and your gf can not live together as roommates in a one bedroom, you would have a male roommate (unless you are a girl also, in which case ignore this).

You and your gf can not live together as roommates in a one bedroom, you would have a male roommate (unless you are a girl also, in which case ignore this).

Oh i know that.
I just meant she is either going to be at my apartment or me at hers.
But that's why i want to get just one roommate so its less of a problem if it is one.

I honestly think it would be more of a problem in a one bedroom because there's less personal space.

I don't reccommend staying at each others apartments during the first few weeks. Your roommates probably won't appreciate immedietly being bombarded with an extra roommate. You should probably feel the situation out first.

Patterson one bedrooms are HUGE. If you get a one bedroom, choose Patterson. Chatham has two sizes, like someone said before. You have no control over this. If your apartment is on the outer side of the building, then your apartment size will be a good size. If it is on the inner part of the building, it is the smallest apartment anyone can have. I lived in the small one bedroom and it was miserable. Even with my roommate and I getting along and hanging out, you feel so cramped. We had to put our couch in front of the patio door because that was the only way we could arrange it to where the TV was actually beside the cable outlet like it was supposed to be.

Patterson one bedrooms are HUGE. If you get a one bedroom, choose Patterson. Chatham has two sizes, like someone said before. You have no control over this. If your apartment is on the outer side of the building, then your apartment size will be a good size. If it is on the inner part of the building, it is the smallest apartment anyone can have. I lived in the small one bedroom and it was miserable. Even with my roommate and I getting along and hanging out, you feel so cramped. We had to put our couch in front of the patio door because that was the only way we could arrange it to where the TV was actually beside the cable outlet like it was supposed to be.

Small apartments aren't that big of a deal for me. Freshmen year i lived in a triple in the dorms, my junior year me and my roommate shared a single in our apartment, while both of us had gfs(cramped). Just wondering if everything in the living is tiny as well. I really dont care, as long as i have a stove, a couch and fridge ill be completely content.
I lived with 6+ guys the last 3 years so i dont mind paying a bit extra to get less roommates, i loved my friends but sometimes its just hard dealing with each persons bad habits.

Thanks, the info helps a lot! :)

Small apartments aren't that big of a deal for me. Freshmen year i lived in a triple in the dorms, my junior year me and my roommate shared a single in our apartment, while both of us had gfs(cramped). Just wondering if everything in the living is tiny as well. I really dont care, as long as i have a stove, a couch and fridge ill be completely content.
I lived with 6+ guys the last 3 years so i dont mind paying a bit extra to get less roommates, i loved my friends but sometimes its just hard dealing with each persons bad habits.

Thanks, the info helps a lot! :)

It may not be a big deal to you...but it may be a big deal to someone else that doesn't expect to have their roommate's girlfriend over all the time...just a thought. If you plan to have your girlfriend over all the time I would go for the bigger apartment just out of respect for the other person living there....

It may not be a big deal to you...but it may be a big deal to someone else that doesn't expect to have their roommate's girlfriend over all the time...just a thought. If you plan to have your girlfriend over all the time I would go for the bigger apartment just out of respect for the other person living there....

Bigger as in more roommates?

Sleezy18, your roomate(s) or your girlfriend's roomate(s) are really going to hate you for that.

Take into consideration that you (or her) would be invading the personal space of others living there, not to mention if it was a one bedroom some unlucky person would be a third wheel in their own home. I can't imagine anyone would enjoy or ignore the fact that their roommate's boyfriend or girlfriend is living in their apartment.

It's totally ridiculous, I'm sure you and your girlfriend don't need to be attached at the hip.

& I don't expect you to change your mind but just remember you will probably ruin the living situation for someone else.

Sleezy18, your roomate(s) or your girlfriend's roomate(s) are really going to hate you for that.

Take into consideration that you (or her) would be invading the personal space of others living there, not to mention if it was a one bedroom some unlucky person would be a third wheel in their own home. I can't imagine anyone would enjoy or ignore the fact that their roommate's boyfriend or girlfriend is living in their apartment.

It's totally ridiculous, I'm sure you and your girlfriend don't need to be attached at the hip.

& I don't expect you to change your mind but just remember you will probably ruin the living situation for someone else.

I'm liking all these comments.
I'm a respectful person.
and ill def take all this into consideration.
I'm not going to be an *******.
we def arent going to be spending all time together, and arent going to spend nights together all the time.
Just throwing stuff out there.
hypothetical questions.

yup yup yup

I knew two people with one bedrooms in Chatham, one was pretty small the other was nearly as big as my 4 bedroom. It was insanely huge. So as other posters said it's totally the luck of the draw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter