LIVE-Here now at POP! WOW-the RAIN was OMG! updtd 10-12 inc PTR

Yay for Amazon, possible job hire, rechargeable batteries, and recent DLR pics! :goodvibes

Cell phone and boyfriend in the same week? Go DD! :woohoo: Sounds like she's doing pretty well right now! Love the texting rule. I wish I could force it upon some kids in our youth group. :rolleyes1 Its addicting though!

Columbia Harbor House is one of my favorites. I really like their sandwiches. Some people LOVE their fried food - but DH says its just so-so. My favorite part is how busy and chaotic it is downstairs, but as soon as you go up, and grab a nice table looking over the river/frontierland, its a completely different scene.

I also totally get the whole MK/Disneyland thing too. We are sneaking away for a weekend trip tomorrow to DLR and will get alot of "MKness" out of our system since our WDW intinerary is very Epcot heavy (heavy...as in how we'll feel each day after leaving the booths :rotfl:). Anyway, DH would rather spend time in Orlando seeing and doing things that aren't a drive away in Cali. I agree too. But there is something uber special about MK rope drop that you cant get anywhere else. I can't describe it. I'm werid :rolleyes1 :cloud9: :lmao:

I see you are looking forward to Captain Cooks' - do you eat breakfast or lunch/dinner there? I've only ever been for breakfast for the infamous Tonga Toast (finding it delicious, but dry). But I hear they have pretty good things for lunch/dinner? Curious if its worth the trip to try it?

<< Ok so total side note, not sure how often you eat at DLR, but if so, have you tried any of the new places in DCA or the new counter service at the Disneyland hotel? Ok, done hijacking your PTR. :flower3: >>

I agree that spending the $50 to start and stay in Pop is worth it. We learned the hard way at DLR in 09 going from 1 night offsite to 1 night at PP to 2 nights at GCH to 2 nights in San Diego. Pack, unpack, pack again. Plus you'll be so tired, knowing that you can just spread out, unpack, unwind and get ready for a full day (no check in/no check out hassle to deal with) at Disney. YAY!

Ahh - You're so close to going!! :woohoo:

We have eaten at the new place in DCA. The way it's set up reminds me a lot of places at WDW. I thought the food was pretty good. A vast improvement over Pizza Oh Mow Mow though the salad was a little small. (according to my DM-we shared it) Seem larger at Pizza Port. I have some photos I took there recently-I'll try to upload to photobucket and post a few before you leave in the a.m.

We've only eaten at Cooke's once (last year) and we had a flatbread pizza that was okay and a noodle dish that was also okay. Best thing in getting a self serve Dole Whip as a dessert or a SC. ;) Okay, that's the 2nd best thing, best thing is watching The Grim Grinning Ghosts Spooktacular from the Poly Beach. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!

Sorry to hear about the Tonga Toast. I have yet to try it. We've eaten at Kona many times but never for breakfast. I keep thinking I want to try TT.

Have fun at DLR tomorrow-are you getting any PP taken while you are at WDW? Do you know about combining them with trip(s) to DLR and paying the DLR price? Have you bought the PP Gallery CD at DLR that inc. a coupon for a free PP online CD?

Just a quick update-have to take DD12 to Girl Scouts

We are now officially doing the single digit dance! :dance3:

I just called Disney and added that first night on our ressie-yeah for 6 more CS and 6 more SC. OMG-we will have a total of...........66 SC and 66 CS! I think we better bring along a few zip locs for extra food!

I will be doing online check in once I get back from dropping off DD, but just wanted to do a quick update.

Thanks I know! It was a lot of work getting here!:rotfl2:

Checked in online yesterday. I'll be sending my room request on Monday(4 days before check in). We are staying at POP and have been staying in the 50's, Tramp building, for the past years. I really like that location overlooking the lake.

This year my DM wants a change so I will be asking for the 70's building, overlooking the lake. Top floor (or 3rd). The 70's building is still fairly close to the food court and the Hippy Dippy and not too far from the parking lot-important to us.

My Dsis is going to send in a room request for her inlaws (Bro and sis-inlaws) for the 50's building. This way we wont' be too near each other!:rotfl:

Hopefully making a quick trip to DLR tomorrow after school. DD goes off track and gets out around noon. She has to be back for softball practice at 7. We haven't seen Halloweentime at DLR even though it started on 9-16. Plus now I have a few missions to take care of...

Buy a Photo Gallery CD for my PP CD coupon.
Buy another one and bring to a fellow disboarder at POP
Buy 2 Jack Skellington popcorn coffins and bring for another disboarder. (Eat popcorn, bring empty coffins)
Buy a 3rd coffin as stocking stuffer for my younger DSis (she lover Jack S.)
Get some PP pix taken. Within dates of my PP CD timing. Also use up the free photo vouchers I got at the DV M'nG which expire on 10-1-11

And if I have time find out more info about upgrading our Premium AP to Premiere AP (can I apply any used WDW tickets to it-I should, right?)

WDW Trip info-

We will stay with our flight out of SNA. The ONT flight now shows unavailable.

Cancel National Car-too $$$ even with our choice of cars.

Keep checking Alamo for lower price but happy with $184 (Full szie-11 days) if it doesn't drop

I forgot a few things I can check off my To-do list that I did yesterday

Get contacts exam. I won't even tell you how long it's been since my last one but my Doctor wasn't too happy with me. :confused3 Trying a new lense out. I use mono-vision and it works pretty well for me. Took me about a month or so to get used to them about 4 years back. My close up vision is great with them but I'd really like my medium distance a little sharper. Things at about 20-30 feet are blurrier than I would like.

I have a recheck on Wed, 2 days before we leave. I made an appt. for DD12 as well to have her glasses prescription checked. It's been 2 years (that's the limitation on her insurance)

Made hair appointment for both of us. Funny thing-my hair dresser complains about not having enough business yet she only does hair 3 days. W-F. Since we are going to DLR on Friday I couldn't get an appointment until Wed. Wish she worked on Sat. The rest of my family used to go to her as well but they have stopped. Mostly because she takes about how bad things are when they are there. She doesn't really do that with me but that's because DD is usually with me. She's very reasonable and only charges me $10 to trim DD's hair. It's all one length, no bangs.

I was thinking about changing my bangs (maybe a side sweep) but I'm going to keep them the same. Just wish I had booked sooner, I don't want me bangs to be too short in my WDW pix. :confused3 I'm going to have her only trim off a little.

So that's few more things taken care of.

Oh, and DD reminded me last night that I haven't made any shirts yet. Here I was hoping that would have skipped her notice!:rotfl:

Yay, online check-in! I did it the other day too. It helps me to feel like the trip is right upon us.

I had to make a hair appointment for myself too. I wouldn't be able to make it through my trip without getting my touchup, so I feel your pain. :laughing:

Yay, online check-in! I did it the other day too. It helps me to feel like the trip is right upon us.

I had to make a hair appointment for myself too. I wouldn't be able to make it through my trip without getting my touchup, so I feel your pain. :laughing:

Thanks. You're right. Just simply doing the online check makes me feel our trip is right around the corner. :cloud9: Maybe that's because it is! One week from tomorrow. Yippee!

I do my own touchup-about every 1-1/2 to 2 weeks. Even though my hair is thinning, it's still growing so I get a lot of roots showing if I let it go past 2 weeks. I just touched it up about 7-8 days ago and I could stand to do it again. I'm going to hold off a few days-just have to decide if I want to do it before haircut, or after? And since it's growing so fast, I am seriously thinking about bringing a little dye with me to do a little touch up while there. :laughing: Seriously, if I don't I know my part/roots will really be showing towards the end of our trip. And I don't know if I want to photoshop every picture!:scared1:

Thanks daisy_77. Hope you continue to and since I have promised to do a Trip Report after (maybe even start it while there) I hope you'll check that out as well. :goodvibes

Okay, I need to get back to do some mommy stuff. I realized we (mostly DD) have so many things to do before now and next Friday that I need to print out a large calendar with everything on it.

How is it that even though she is only in 2 sports (1 Park 'n Rec. and 1 at school) and Girl Scouts she can have no time left to do the important things.... like going to DISNEYLAND! I mean really, how fair is that? (to me)

So we leave in 8 days :woohoo::yay::cheer2::grouphug::scared1::wizard: Obviously she's in school today (with BB practice after),

On Friday she gets out early for last day but has softball practice from 7--9 (and yes, that's p.m.) We are totally going to DLR after school. I want to see the Halloween stuff and start to get in the mood for our trip. We'll have to leave DLR by 6 to get to practice on time.:wizard: DL is only open until 7 anyway due to Mickey's Halloween party. Maybe we can even see a few villians.pirate:

Saturday-practice at 2, game 3-5, pizza party (just scheduled) 5:30

Sunday-Uhh, nothing yet. If it's nice she'll want to go to the beach to try out the new fins her grandparents gave her for her birthday. But it's also the last day our local waterpark is open for the season. It's a pretty cute little park and we bought AP but she's only been once. Hmmmm, maybe we can go on Saturday. They open at 11 so we could get a few hours in and then head to the game. Sounds like a plan....Or we could go to DLR.

Monday-no school but she has BB and softball practice. She needs to be at BB practice since she has a game on Tuesday. She's off track but the school still has games. So no trip to DLR today.

Tuesday-BB game 5-6. We could go to DLR in the a.m. and be back in time. That may be a plan. We could see my DNephew in the parade as well. DL closes at 6 for Halloween. Shouldn't be too busy. Get flu shots either today or tomorrow.

Wed-as mentioned above only day we can get our hair cut. And now we have a eye dr. appt. as well. Get flu shots if we didn't get on Tuesday.Hmmmm, maybe a night time trip. That sounds doable. Let me check the DL calendar...This may happen. DL closes at 8 p.m.

Thursday-our last day before leaving for WDW. DD has BB practice in the afternoon but I'm going to let her skip it if we have other things to do. We could go to DL, get there when it opens at 9 and have plenty of time for fun (and to ride the Ghostly Galaxy-formerly Space Mtn.) as well as get FP for ST. We wouldn't stay all day since we are leaving the next day but this might be a good option.

You might wonder why I want to go to DLR since we are going to WDW in 8 days. Well, that's a really good question-I'm glad you asked. I LOVE :cloud9: Disneyland in the Fall. I love the decorations. I love the weather. I love the feel of the park. There's so much Halloween Decor around and our weather starts to cool off. It's just :wizard:

For those of you who haven't experienced DLR in the fall, here's a few photos from last year.

These are from the Mickey's Halloween party we attended in 2010

Photo1608FourBySix.jpg

Last year she wanted to be an owl. I made the costume. I think it came out pretty well.

Photo1583FourBySix.jpg

Photo1590FourBySix.jpg

Photo1581FourBySix.jpg

DSC04525.jpg

Dias de Las Muertes-Love free face (and arm) painting!

DSC04510.jpg

DSC04504-1.jpg

106_3817.jpg

Our approx. 20 lbs. of candy we collected between the 2 of us.

DSC04615.jpg

Ooops, I have too many images, continued on next page.

more halloween photos

DSC04651.jpg

I think I know that dog! ;)
DSC04594.jpg

DSC04585.jpg

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04513.jpg

DSC04496.jpg

DSC04480.jpg

DSC04436.jpg

DSC04652.jpg

106_3697.jpg

106_3686.jpg

106_3684.jpg

106_3682.jpg

106_3670.jpg

103_3476.jpg

So now I've put myself in the Halloween mood, anyone else?

Hi, Dizneydaz! I just found your thread and have been enjoying reading about your plans, plus your comments about DL. I am visiting DL for the first time in a week (solo), so I am trying to gather all the information I can. I am big on planning for my WDW trips, and I feel woefully unprepared for DL. I am staying at the Anaheim Marriott because I have a conference there later in the week, and I got a decent rate for the weekend. I have an ADR for Ariel's Grotto for the WOC package for Monday night, and I am planning to go to the MHP on Tuesday night. I hope to see Fantasmic on Sunday night. I am used to doing WDW commando, so will try to get to the park for rope drop Monday and Tuesday. (I am flying in on Sunday so will only have half a day.) Do you have any suggestions for me? Will I need to bring a jacket for the evenings? I will check the weather a few days ahead but that doesn't always help!

I really enjoyed seeing your pictures of the Halloween theming at DL. I can't wait to see it in person! Hope all your arrangements for the WDW trip hold up great. It looks like you will have a wonderful time - it is really great you can be so flexible in your travels. I was a teacher for many years, so that definitely puts a kink in your travel planning! :cutie:

We went to DLR for a few hours on Friday. It was pretty nice. Crowds started coming in around 4. But did I get my checklist done. Hmm, let's see..

Buy a Photo Gallery CD for my PP CD coupon. DONE
Buy another one and bring to a fellow disboarder at POP DONE
Buy 2 Jack Skellington popcorn coffins and bring for another disboarder. (Eat popcorn, bring empty coffins) DONE and delicious!
Buy a 3rd coffin as stocking stuffer for my younger DSis (she lover Jack S.) DONE but now we will probably give it to her on her birthday, 11-7, or before so she can have it for Halloween
Get some PP pix taken. Within dates of my PP CD timing. Also use up the free photo vouchers I got at the DV M'nG which expire on 10-1-11 DONE-see pix below
And if I have time find out more info about upgrading our Premium AP to Premiere AP (can I apply any used WDW tickets to it-I should, right?) Didn't do. Will try to go back Tues. or Thurs. to do.
Not on my list but I also went by Lego Store to get VIP cards

Here are some photos from Friday.

These are some of the new Halloween frames. The actually photos aren't blurry like they look here. I scanned these. I will also get these on my PP CD.

DLRHalloween9-30-11.jpg

DLRHalloween9-30-112.jpg

DLRHalloween9-30-113.jpg

109_0920.jpg

Cheater Cheater, pumpkin eaters!

109_0910-1.jpg

109_0909.jpg

109_0906-1.jpg

109_0905-1.jpg

109_0211.jpg

You can get free face (or arm, etc) painting at Dia de Los Muertos near Big Thunder. If you want to do it go before the Halloween Party. They don't do it during the party and stop early, like maybe 5 or so.

109_0940.jpg

109_0943.jpg

Hi, Dizneydaz! I just found your thread and have been enjoying reading about your plans, plus your comments about DL. I am visiting DL for the first time in a week (solo), so I am trying to gather all the information I can. I am big on planning for my WDW trips, and I feel woefully unprepared for DL. I am staying at the Anaheim Marriott because I have a conference there later in the week, and I got a decent rate for the weekend. I have an ADR for Ariel's Grotto for the WOC package for Monday night, and I am planning to go to the MHP on Tuesday night. I hope to see Fantasmic on Sunday night. I am used to doing WDW commando, so will try to get to the park for rope drop Monday and Tuesday. (I am flying in on Sunday so will only have half a day.) Do you have any suggestions for me? Will I need to bring a jacket for the evenings? I will check the weather a few days ahead but that doesn't always help!

I really enjoyed seeing your pictures of the Halloween theming at DL. I can't wait to see it in person! Hope all your arrangements for the WDW trip hold up great. It looks like you will have a wonderful time - it is really great you can be so flexible in your travels. I was a teacher for many years, so that definitely puts a kink in your travel planning! :cutie:

Welcome Pittypat!

Definitely bring a jacket. The weather has been getting really cool at night (which I love) even when it's hot in the day. We are starting to feel Fall in the air so even during the day it can be cool in the shadows.

When you go to the party if you want to get some candy do it later in the evening (towards the end) or during one of the parades. The parade is pretty cute (though nothing like the Boo to You at WDW). I personally have a thing for Pluto (esp. on Tues. and Fridays) The fireworks are definitely worth seeing. As good as Grim Grinning Ghosts at WDW with some of the same music, etc. If you are in front of the castle you will be able to see the Jack, etc. giant balloon thingy off to the left. Also Jack's dog (Zero?) flys around much like Tink. Last year we sat in the area to the left of the castle that has a bandstand. You can see most of the fireworks from the area, inc. the projections on the castle but you won't see all of them due to some trees. However, we only waited here abut 10-15 mins. before they started and we got to sit down (on a planter wall).

Get there at RD. Unlike WDW many of the guests at DLR are APH and they don't all get there at RD. The parks will be pretty light crowdwise until 11 or so when they start coming in. You can ride the headliners and get some FP for later before many of them arrive. If you'll be doing DCA as well, the FP system at DL and DCA are disconnected. So you can FP at DL and DCA even if your next FP says it's not available yet, make sense?

TSMM does not have FP here so if you want to ride it you should head there as soon as DCA opens. The actually open DCA gates 1/2 before official opening so you can get into the park and they will stop you at a point. If you are there when they open you can ride TSMM with about 15-20 wait if you are in the middle of the pack. There is no longer a SR line for TSMM

Speaking of SR, definitely use them.

DCA has Screamin', Goofy's Flying School, Grizzly Rapids (if it's warm enough) and Soarin'
DL has Indy (one of my fav. rides and not at WDW) and Splash

Have a great time and thanks for reading.

Okay, now we are seriously getting close to our trip. I just typed up my room request and will be faxing it over to POP shortly. I have done this 4 days before our trips for the past, oh I don't know, 8 years and we basically get the building we want and usually within 1 floor of the floor.

We have been staying in the Tramp 50's building for the past many years (overlooking the lake) and this year we are requesting bldg. #6, in the 70's also overlooking the lake. It's quieter and not too far to parking and Everything POP! I also requested a top floor. We like not having anyone over us.

And just to push my luck a little I asked if my fridge box could be brought to our room before we check in. We are getting in so late that it would really help if it was already there. We'll see.

I'm starting to get anxious now that we are so close to leaving. I know everything will be fine but I still get nervous before.

Oh, there is one thing....I don't know who will be picking us up at the airport when we come home.:confused3 My Dsis' DD28 is having oral surgery next week (they are breaking at least one of her jaws) and her mom is going to fly to Kansas to be with her. It was originally scheduled for this past August but kept getting pushed back. Wouldn't you know it, they scheduled it for right in the middle of our trip. She's leaving for KS on the 11th and returning on the 22nd. We are returning on the 18th.

What's really interesting about this development is that my other DSis will be on her own (for the first time) with her DS2.9. She had already arranged to take off a few days next week but now she will need to take off more. See, we (my DM, DSis #1, and myself) are his daycare. She drops him off at our house around 5 a.m. and picks him up about 3 p.m. M-F Now my Dsis#2 will have to get off another day (10-11) for the day my DSis#1 leaves. Or we can ask my neighbor to watch him for a few hours, which I'm sure she won't mind.

Dsis#2 will also have to ask for more days off for the following week since none of us will be here. Oh well, that's what it's like to be a single mom, right? I think she is in for a real eye opener having to watch her DS for 7 days, in a row. :eek:

Since we are getting in around 11 p.m. when we get home that means that DSis#2 will have to pick us up and we should all be home around midnight or 12:30 at the latest. She'll have to get up in just a few hours to go to work at 5 a.m. I know she's going to complain about it but it is only one day and we do watch her DS M-F, for free. It's not too much to ask, is it?;)

I'm sure she will want to leave DS at our house that night, which will be okay except that we will be very tired due to the 3 hour time difference and he will wake up around 6-7 a.m. (3-4 a.m. Florida time) :scared1:. I'll let my DM get up with him. :dance3:

That's it for now. Still trying to figure out if we can squeeze in another short visit to DLR before we leave and DD wants to go to the beach as well.

More soon.....

Forgot to post about breakfast today. To start getting us ready for our trip I made beignets. We have the Ralph Brennans mix (about $10 at Disney and about $4 at World Market).

Here's some photos. I use a pizza wheel to cut them out. I make them smaller than they do at POFQ. The are pretty yummy!:lovestruc

104_0987.jpg

Rolled out and cut
104_0990.jpg

Frying
104_0991.jpg

Ready to powder sugar them.
104_0992.jpg

Finished product. Some of them puff up, some of them don't. But they all taste good.;)

Busy busy few days. Leaving for WDW in less than 48 hours. Our plane leaves in bout 45 hours from now! Yikes

Let's see today DD and I got our hair cut, our flu shots (well DD1 got Flumist), and we both had eye exams-today. Follow up for me on my contacts and eyeglasses exam for DD. Her eyes have gotten worse in the last 2 years and she is only seeing 20/40 and 20/60 with her glasses. Poor baby! Unfortunately it'll take about a month for her glasses to be ready due to her insurance. 2 years ago I was able to get her a pair at Lenscrafters, in about an hour, for only the cost of the frames. It was a great sale. They had the same sale 2 years before that. This year, no such luck.

Decided not to pay for early bird check in on SW. Last year I did it for DD and myself and not my DM. My DM was only about 3 people behind me in line so it was basically a waste of $40. Hope I don't regret it. I can always add it on for our return flight.

Okay, I am trying to make a few shirts to take. Not sure if I'll get them done. One will be on black with a scary, glow in the dark, Mickey. The other I haven't fully decided.

So I'm off to try to do the Mickey one. I'll post a picture if it works.

Oh, and we went to DLR for a few hours yesterday. I know I'm crazy!:woohoo:

Getting close now! I can do my online check in with Southwest in a little over 4 hours. :goodvibes

Got the 3 Mickey shirts done last night. I think they came out pretty cool. I will post some pictures soon.

Started doing laundry today-things we want to take with us. (nothing like waiting until the last minute);)

Got up around 4:30-decided I might as well get up and do a few things-besides it was already 7:30 at WDW. :laughing:

Looked at the weather for Orlando and it looks like some stormy weather is coming. Hey, what's WDW without some rain, right? :umbrella:

Besides, it looks like there aren't any hurricanes in the forecast. :yay: Looks like Phillipe is getting nowhere near land. I think this is the least Tropical Storm activity I have seen before our trip in years. We usually go in Sept. so I guess it helps going later in the year.

Oh, bought some waterproof spray and sprayed DD's AK bag from a few years ago. Need to do the umbrellas and a few hats as well. I hate it when rain drips through the umbrella onto my head! :scared1:

Oh, and my left arm hurts from the shot. :sad2: Should be better tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter