LIVE-Here now at POP! WOW-the RAIN was OMG! updtd 10-12 inc PTR

HP was the clincher for us to go all the way to Florida. We all love HP! DD18 started reading them when she was in grade 1 or 2 and was first in line each time a new book or movie came out. DD15 and DD13 followed where she led. With the release of the last movie we had a movie marathon sleepover where they all had a couple of friends stay over. DD18 then when off with her friends to a midnight viewing and I took the younger ones in the morning.

I'm still on the fence about HP. I would love to go but it will really increase our budget. :confused3 My DD12 starting reading them in the 1st grade as well. I think it really started her love of reading-especially fantasy books.

When the last few books came out I had to buy 2-one for me and one for her!

More trip planning stuff...

Okay so we are only 3 weeks and 2 days from liftoff, I mean take off!

I've been checking Southwest, National, and Alamo daily. I got real excited yesterday when I checked flights out of ONT on Friday, the 7th, when one leaving at 8 a.m. and arriving around 6 p.m. was only $179. But when I went through the link to change my flights the price jumped back up to $239! :confused3 And that's where it sits today. It looks like we will be leaving out of SNA (O.C.) about noon on the 7th and arriving just before 11 p.m. I know once we get to the 14 day mark I won't find a decent flight for a good price.

No big deal, the OC flight is fine and only a little further away. At least my DNephew2.8 will enjoy the drive to and from.

Speaking of DNephew, my Dsis' work extend her overnights and she ended up doing them for 4 weeks, instead of 3! Finally ended this past weekend. Now we are back to our regular schedule, or are we? Nope, now they are doing inventory and she's going in at 6 a.m. and while she should be getting off at 3 p.m. here it is almost 5 p.m. and she's not here to pick him up. Maybe with all the overtime she's working she'll treat us to a nice meal....probably not. :confused:

WHY I LOVE ALAMO!

I last reported that I had gotten a great rate at Alamo for $284/11 days (midsize) and I booked it. I still have the ressie for National but it's $100 more (that's a lot for a free upgrade on the Emerald Aisle).

Just now I checked National and they are the same but Alamo has fallen like a stone! I was able to get a Full size for $184/11 days, inc. all fees. That's a drop of $100! :cloud9:The full size was actually cheaper than the mid-size! By about $20. The mid-size was $202 and the Standard was $180. I decided on the Full Size for the $4 more. I was concerned that the mid-size would be too small for the 3 of us and our luggage but the Full can carry 5 people and 4 bags. Mid-size was 5 people/2 bags. I know we could have squeezed our other bags in the back seat but then where would we put our supplies from Super WM?

I booked Alamo using Visa codes. The ID code is #7015504, Coupon is AD2338FDF. You have to use your Visa to rent.

I did check for my Dsis' inlaws but there rate from 10/8 to 10/15 hasn't gone down and the Standard is more than the Mid-size.

I love getting a car for $17/day! I used to be able to get this price for a minivan, but those days are gone. :confused3

I will keep checking with Alamo. There have been trips when the rates have fallen twice within the 24 hours before our trip.

I will keep checking with National too but I don't see it falling enough for me to keep that ressie. Right now I can get 2 cars at Alamo for the same price as one at National.

Those coupon codes are amazing! I priced it out using it for my trip and it was $100 cheaper than the Alamo rate through Southwest! Are there any restrictions, or can you use it with any Visa?

Those coupon codes are amazing! I priced it out using it for my trip and it was $100 cheaper than the Alamo rate through Southwest! Are there any restrictions, or can you use it with any Visa?

As far as I know. All you to do is pay with your Visa card. I got the codes through a link on mousesavers. Most of the codes for Alamo exp. later this month but this one is good until 2/29/12.

Here's the link for those looking
http://usa.visa.com/personal/discou...tegoryName=CarRental&categoryId=15&pageId=197
It just says you have to pay with your Visa Card.

I've used coupon codes I have found on Mousesavers for years now and never had a problem. I've never used the ones you will see sometimes that are for people in the Phillipines, etc. Those sounded too risky, but this one is easy and doesn't even require a paper coupon. I will be able to use the Kiosk at Alamo and skip the line. Love that!;)

I also got my best rate at National using the Visa codes. Both rates were better than the Emerald Aisle rate and the Alamo Insider rate.

I just checked and my rate is the same as yesterday so the deals are still there. And the Standard and Full Size are still cheaper than the Mid-Size. So still $184 for 11 days, from 10/7 to 10/18.

If you are worried about the code you can always book one with it and one with another code. One in your name and one in your spouses (if you have one.) There was one year that there were some postings about an issue with a WM code (for free driver, etc.) so I booked one with it and one without, under my name and under my DMs. Luckily the WM code worked fine!:rolleyes1

I was finally able to price out the flight change (leaving from ONT earlier and getting in early at MCO than leaving out of OC) but it's another $116. :confused3 While that's only $39 each, I have to pay for 2 of us. Pretty sure I'll leave it as is but I will check with my DM and see what she thinks. I guess it's not financially a good idea to pay $116 more just to get there 5 hours earlier, right? I mean it's not like we are going to go to a park that first night.

I mean that would eat into our savings on our rental car. ;)

Talked with my DM and she said it was up to me about changing the plane tickets for the earlier flight for $169 more. Then I asked my DSis, who'll be driviing us to the airport if she would rather driver us for a noon flight in OC or a 8 a.m. flight at ONT. Funny thing-she said noon would be better. And she reminded me that leaving ONT at that time of the day, the airport is much busier. Unlike at other times when the place is pretty empty.

So... I decided that the exta 5 hours isn't worth the $169. Besides, while we are arriving at 10:30 p.m., for our minds and bodies it will only be 7:30 p.m. And since the Super WM we go to is open 24 hours wecan go there after we arrive at MCO.

Now, if the flight was to drop in price down to the $149 I originally paid, I would change it in a heartbeat! ;)

BTW, DD12 has her first school dance today after school. It's a welcome back dance (okay, they've been in school since early July :laughing:) but she's really looking forward to it. Hope she has a good time.:goodvibes I'll find out in just a few hours.

I've been working on updated my snack list. I started with the one on the boards compiled by jjohnson, but since she hasn't been able to update it since July 4th I have taken it upon myself to update it. I have found a great blog (easywdw.com) and he has been to WDW a lot lately and updated many of the menus. I love to see the actual DDP sign so I know what's included. I don't want to miss out on anything yummy!

Some of the past favorites are now off the list. One I was finally going to try was the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich-2 giant cookies with 3 scoops of ice cream in the middle-sounded great and good to share. But sadly, it has dropped off the SC lists. :confused:

Of course there are still many options and don't forget if you are going during the F&WF you can get anything at the booths (foodwise-sorry no booze :laughing:) for one SC. I am looking forward to trying the Lobster Cuddler and maybe the Lobster Roll at Hops & Barley. We tried the lobster rool and crab cakes last year and thought they were okay. But this year they have a new vendor (L. Bean) so I'm hoping the roll is better and what's not to like about a lobster claw with drawn butter. :cloud9:

I plan on taking many pictures of signs, booths, food, etc. while there and will included them in my TR.

I can still email out my own F&WF listings (see previous post) if you are interested. I have ones with and without adult beverages. Also have both in regular and larger font. I took the info from Disney's official brochure but this way I can check off what items we want to try this year. :goodvibesYo
You can send me an email by clicking on my name to the right.

One last thing, looks like I have everyone in place to share my PP CD with. ( I am not looking for any more participants-I have enough and it's not allowed on these boards anymore). Everyone, that is, except my Dsis' inlaws. And speaking of my Dsis' inlaws-she is frustratied with them as they aren't really getting into the planning of their trip. Our worry is that those who have never been to WDW before get overwhelmed and don't have as good as a time if they do a little planning. I've helped by getting them a great rental car rate but they seem pretty blase about the whole thing.

I am working on doing a little something for them letting them know what some of their more interesting food choices will be sinece they will have the QSDP. I don't want them to think the CS are limited to burgers and that they have to use their SC for ice cream, soda, popcorn, or fruit! Hopefully they will take the info I give them and acutally use it. If not, then I guess that's their problem. :rotfl:

Thanks very much for the codes for the car rental. I went ahead and used them. I figured because it's a VISA code, there really isn't much they can do if I'm using a VISA to rent the car. It helped me save about $110. Sweet!

I understand your logic on the paying $170 for getting there five hours early. I personally wouldn't opt for that either, especially if you're not planning on doing anything the first day, even if you did get there earlier.

Thanks very much for the codes for the car rental. I went ahead and used them. I figured because it's a VISA code, there really isn't much they can do if I'm using a VISA to rent the car. It helped me save about $110. Sweet!

I understand your logic on the paying $170 for getting there five hours early. I personally wouldn't opt for that either, especially if you're not planning on doing anything the first day, even if you did get there earlier.

Thanks, and you're welcome!;)

Played around some more with my car ressies.

Alamo has gone back up so I'm keeping my Full size for $184/11 days. :cool1:

However, National finally did go down a little. This a.m., before lunch I booked a Mid-Size (Emerald Aisle-any car ;)). It went done from $391 where it has been for weeks to $334. Canceled first ressie. Then just now I looked again and played around with a few codes and the rate with the Visa Codes is now at $304, so I booked that and canceled the one from this a.m. ;)

Still National at $304 is more than I want to pay even if I pick out my own car from the Emerald Aisle. But if it falls more, than I will use National.

I've emailed out a few snack lists (what's inc. on DDP). Let me know if you would like any of my lists. :)

I think it's time to start working on new shirts for this trip. Every year I make at least one new shirt for the of us to wear. Michael's has t-shirts at 5 for $10, which is a great deal. Just have to decide what color to start with. Maybe since we are going later in the year I could do a dark color-reverse tye-dyed. Something to tie in with the F&WF.

Here's a few of the shirts I've done in the past.
adultanimalmickey.jpg

daniellesblcktank.jpg

lastyears.jpg

purpleadult.jpg

TiedyedSept.jpg

Finalshirt-tigercolors.jpg

rosiefinalshirt-1.jpg

Image0493.jpg

image0161-1.jpg

Made the hats too!

Most of our shirts have now been relegated to sleep shirts and swim shirts. I think we need a few new ones.;) Sadly this isn't all of them. I need to find a few more photos.

One item checked off my to-do list.

Placed vacation hold on Sunday paper. I've been meaning to check my account with the paper since I signed up for it at the Fair and it was 12 weeks for $15 (I got a $10 Target GC and $5 cash back, so really it was free). They actually only had it running for 11 weeks so I sent them an email after putting it on hold for 2 weeks to let them know they had an error.

I actually don't read much of the paper. It's the LA times and we get the LA version even though we live closer to OC. I get it for the Sunday crossword-love it! and for the coupons. I will be canceling it once this 12 week period expires. Besides, I can probably get the whole week for $1/week if I really want to.;)

So anyway, that's one thing done, and I don't know, about a 100 to go!:rotfl2:

DD12 has softball practice tonight and a game tomorrow. This will be game #2. They won last week. :dance3:The game was delayed and then canceled due to the most awesome lightning we've seen here. :umbrella: For awhile we thought we were at WDW in Sept. :scared1:

This week we are visitors so I don't have to keep score, oficially that is-I like to do it anyway to keep track of the score.

DD's birthday is on Monday so her grandparents want to celebrate it after the game at Olive Garden. DD loves OG (me too! Love the salad and breadsticks!) Our game was to be at 1 p.m. and then we were going to eat early around 4:30 but due to last week's rain our game has now been pushed back to 3 p.m. which means we won't be having dinner until about 5:30 (which is more like a normal dinner time anyway) but I'm concerned about how busy this location gets. I called to try and make a ressie but they only make ressies M-Th, for parties of 8 or more. Bummer! I'm sure it'll be fine, I mean no one really eats at 5:30, do they?;)

DD still wants to have a party for her birthday but can't really decide on when, who, and what. Right now it looks like it'll be a week from Saturday but I want to check with a few moms to make sure their kids can make it since she's only inviting a small group. Right now the plan is to have a Karaoke party with maybe a sleepover after. Maybe.

Still haven't decided what to get DD for her birthday. She recently got a really nice (about $400 bike) from the family (though I wasn't in on the decision :confused3 and that's her big birthday present. She's told me a few things, like feathers for her hair and stickers. I'm planning on going shopping tomorrow a.m., early, before the stores get busy.

I won't say what I got her until Monday. She may just read this!:eek:

Yay! I found your trip report!! Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned, and I haven't even read everything yet. I just might have to get that food and wine list from you! :) I'm nervous/excited for our first f&w experience! Have you been before during it? Sorry if you mentioned that already, it's a bit past my bedtime here!

Oh and btw, your DD looks so grown up! :goodvibes I think it's great that the three of you have so much fun on these disney vacations!

Yay! I found your trip report!! Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned, and I haven't even read everything yet. I just might have to get that food and wine list from you! :) I'm nervous/excited for our first f&w experience! Have you been before during it? Sorry if you mentioned that already, it's a bit past my bedtime here!

Oh and btw, your DD looks so grown up! :goodvibes I think it's great that the three of you have so much fun on these disney vacations!

Thanks-glad to see you again!

DD-I know. It's scary how fast she's growing. She started 7th grade in July. Before I know it she'll be driving :scared1:

This is our 2nd time at F&WF. But last year we were there for opening weekend and it was pretty busy. We did have fun trying some of the foods out. DD really liked that! And using SC for it was perfect. This year we will be able to spend more time there. Plus, with the shortened park hours while we are there we usually end our park days at EPCOT anyway.

Looks like you are arriving a week after we do. How long are you staying and where? We're at POP (our home away from home-have to keep an eye on my fridge swap ;))

Just got back from buying DD her birthday present. Still can't tell you what it is (just in case she's reading this) but it is something she can use on our trip.

Let DD stay home by herself while my DM and I both went shopping, seperately. This was the first time she's stayed home alone. :scared1: I know she's a big girl now (12 on Monday) but it still makes me a little nervous. I called her after about 45 mins. or so and she didn't answer. Called the neighbors and she was over there (I told her she could go over there). My neighbor said she was "bored" at home alone. This from a girl who will read for hours or spend hours on the computer. I'm thinking maybe she was a little nervous home on her own. ;) Maybe she does still need her mom. :grouphug:

I'm not very happy with the LA Times. They let me know that I won't be receiving credit for the 2 Sunday papers I won't be home to receive. They say they are following the trend with other papers (OC Register, San Diego Tribune) and have stopped doing it. Who cares what other papers are doing?:confused3

They will deliver them to me when I get home or deliver them to someone else. I wonder if they'll deliver to Florida?:rotfl2: Don't they realize that newspapers are a dying breed? I let them know that when my subscription runs out I will not be extending. Also, they can deliver my 3 Sunday papers on my first Sunday back (of course, that's assuming they do-their delivery in my area is very spotty). I told them I thought their vacation policy was a "joke" I wanted to use stronger languate but I wanted them to take me seriously

Thanks-glad to see you again!

DD-I know. It's scary how fast she's growing. She started 7th grade in July. Before I know it she'll be driving :scared1:

This is our 2nd time at F&WF. But last year we were there for opening weekend and it was pretty busy. We did have fun trying some of the foods out. DD really liked that! And using SC for it was perfect. This year we will be able to spend more time there. Plus, with the shortened park hours while we are there we usually end our park days at EPCOT anyway.

Looks like you are arriving a week after we do. How long are you staying and where? We're at POP (our home away from home-have to keep an eye on my fridge swap ;))

Wow! Junior high - so fun! I don't know if I ever told you, or if you read about it on any of my PTRs, but I do youth ministry at my church. I was a leader of the same group for the past seven years, and now they're all in college this year as freshman. So I've chosen to go back down and help out freshman in high school. But man, time flies by so fast!

Just saw your DD has a PTR too, I will have to check it out!

Going to Epcot with MK's shortened park hours sounds like a smart idea. I don't know what our touring will be like since my in-laws are coming with us. They came with us in May 2010 and can only go so long before they are worn out! I think they'll love the Epcot f&W and the halloween decor. Are you doing any halloween related things? (Sorry again if you already mentioned that!)

We arrive late on Oct 15th (dumb SW and its once a day non-stop flight, at least we don't arrive at 11:30 like we did last May!). We stay one night at ASsports, and then over to VWL for a week, and then one night at Pop. We wanted a Pop "sandwich" but I waited to long to book our first night with the AP discount. Whoops! I keep checking anyway...:sad2: Too bad we're not staying there as we could meet you for a late night bite at the food court (we'll be sooo hungry!).

Ok, I've made this enough about me...let's turn in back on you. :flower3: I know you must be excited about QSDP again, not having to worry about making ADRs, keeping such close track of the time and touring, and having those snack credits to use. So what restaurants are you looking forward to most?

PS - can't wait to hear about DD's present! :goodvibes

You're so lucky that you can fly direct! There are no direct flights from ONT to MCO-NONE! So we are one of those arriving late-11 p.m. I've tried to change to an earlier flight but so far it's too much more $$.

DD had a great birthday. I (finally-according to her!) gave her a cell phone. She was super excited and surprised since I told her she didn't need one yet. And wouldn't you know it , as of yesterday, she has a boyfriend! He gave her the cutest hand drawn card with 2 movie tickets in it and she couldn't stop smiling when she read it.:lovestruc She proceeded to text him several times during the evening so it looks like I have to come up with some texting rules. I'm thinking no texts after 8:30 p.m. on school nights-sounds good doesn't it?

We are excited to do QSDP again. No ADRs for us. We are looking forward to using our SC at the F&WF, or course. And going back to some old favorites-EoS, Cookes, WPE just to name a few. I've been checking out the QS menus and there are a few changes that I might be interested in checking out. DD12 wants to spend more time at MK this trip so I'm looking forward to trying Columbia House again. I don't think we have done that one since we starting using DDP. We usually don't spend much time at MK, what with DLR being so close.:cloud9:

We aren't planning on doing MNSSHP. We had a bad experience doing it about 5 or so years ago (it poured for hours, candy got wet, fireworks were major delayed and went off without announcement, etc.) and my DM says she'll never do it again. I was hoping to do Mickey's Halloween at DLR but I just checked the dates against my nephew's (he'll be working some nights) and with our trip and his schedule it doesn't look good. I'm going to try to convince my DSis to go on a night he isn't working. DD and I had so much fun last year running around getting all the candy we could (about 20#), watching the parade, and the fireworks.

Few more things done on my to-do list

1. Ordered a RECHARGEABLE battery for my Camera. This is the one my DSis gave me (her older one) and her batteries don't hold a charge any longer. I ordered 2 from Kodak and they turned out to be non-rechargeable. My bad! So today I finally ordered on Amazon one for about $11. Inc. 2 day free shipping. :goodvibes

2. Ordered a new battery for my laptop-finally. This is one my neighbor gave me a few years ago when I was doing some accounting for him. The battery, even then, wouldn't last for more than 20 mins. or so. I finally ordered one (again through Amazon). Had good reviews and a good price. My laptop is a HP Pavilion. I did like using it last year on our trip. I would find a free Wi Fi location and be able to post a trip report while there. This year I plan on at least writing some notes/report in Word and maybe even a few live reports. Of course I will have to scout out some free WiFi locations around WDW since I don't want to pay $10/day for the internet. :confused3 Now with a new battery I will be able to use the lap top in the car for the internet. :woohoo:

I love ordering from Amazon. :surfweb:I should have the camera battery by Thursday the 22nd and the laptop battery by next Monday, the 26th. So much faster than the collapsable water bottles I ordered through a deal with Savemore. Ordered on 9/1, expected to ship sometime between 9-16 and 9-22 (haven't shipped yet) and hopefully will arrive before we leave on 10-7! Seriously, in this day and age when you can get things in like 2 days how can a business hope to stay in business when they take up to 3 full weeks just to process your order! :confused3And that doesn't even take into account shipping (I assume they ship by the cheapest/slowest method available. :eek: I never imagined when I ordered them on Sept. 1st that there was a very real chance I wouldn't have by the time we left, over 5 weeks later.

3. Applied for a new job. Our local grocery strike seems to have been diverted so I applied to our market for a job. They are hiring about 8 permanent positions and with the wonderful health benefits they get I would love to work there. I would still be able to do my own business (room addition plans) even if I got a regular job. I did this last year while working the census, even though some weeks I worked 40 hours. I just hoping that my going on vacation in less than 3 weeks wont' be an issue. :wizard:

I really need to call WDW and add on one more night to our ressie. Since we are landing at 11 p.m. on the 7th we need a room that first night. I know the earliest we could check in at POP is 7 a.m. and getting a room then would be a lucky break. (our ressie starts on 10/8)I have booked a room at Fairfield Inn for that night but I can cancel it. It's about $135 for the extra night at POP but that does give us 2 more SC and CS credits, each, to use. ;) My DM is on bored with this even though it's about $50 more than the room at Fairfield. It's just so much easier if we are already at POP from the start, and don't have to move after just a few hours.

DD12's basketball team lost yesterday but at least they had fun. It's only their 2nd game.

I checked SW, Alamo, and National-no changes.

I've been busy emalling out my F&WF lists. I posted on one of the F&WF threads and got many requests.:goodvibes

Still waiting for confirmation that my collapsable water bottles ordered through a deal on Savemore on 9/1 will be shipped soon and here in time for our departure on 10/7. Never imagined that a company in this day and age would take 3 weeks before shipping out an order! Not a good way to drum up business-I won't use them again.:confused3 And I'm not too sure about using Savemore either.

My DM's birthday is tomorrow. She's requested a chocolate cake with granache frosting. Good thing we already finished DD's cake from Monday. It was a white cake with ganache frosting. Ganache is so good and so easy to make! :cloud9:

I'll post a pix of DD's cake. Gotta upload it to photobucket first.

Oh, and the best news yesterday....the hours for October have been extended at AK, MK, and DHS. AK will be open until 6 or 7 while we are there instead of 5! We love AK and we disappointed they got rid of EMH pm. I found this info on easywdw.com. The official calendar on Disney hasn't been updated yet. Oh, and one night, MK will be open until 11 a.m. and then EMH pm will kick in and they'll be open until 2 a.m.! Awesome!:woohoo:

So if you have your October all planned out you might want to take a look at easywdw.com and see the changes. Besides the extended hours they also adding some FI and MSEP performances.

Okay, since I haven't posted any photos lately, here are some taken recently.

108B9491-1.jpg
108B9492.jpg

DD at bat! Go baby, go!

108_9237.jpg

DD's and my scores on TSMM at DCA. She was so happy to finally get the cat!

108B9223.jpg

This is how an almost 3 y/o wears 3-D glasses. He enjoyed his first time on TSMM. We got there before they opened and quick walked to the ride. There are no FP on TSMM at DLR. :confused3 We only waited about 20 min. ;)

108B9142.jpg

108_8982.jpg

108B9090.jpg

My DM and DD on BTRM having fun!
108B9120.jpg

108_9156-1.jpg

My DM72 tomorrow and my DNephew2.8 (almost like a son to me!)

108B9162.jpg

View of DCA-very pretty!
108_8974.jpg

Our magic ticket for Star Tours pulled at 8:50 a.m. Not too bad. Only close to 4 hours to ride! :rotfl: I'm looking forward to riding at DHS with less waits. We've only done the new Star Tours twice now.

I'll post more later, time for a break.;)

Today is my DM's 72nd birthday! :bday: mom! Love you!:lovestruc

Some of you may have noticed a change in my siggie. I just took over the 2011 Confirmed Snacks Thread from jjohnson. I have used, and contributed, to her thread for years and she doesn't have the time to keep on top of if. So, check it out if you will be going to WDW soon with one of the DDP. ADDED-I will actually be starting a new thread and I'll update my siggie once I get it done.

Any info you can provide me to keep it up to date would be greatly appreciated!:surfweb:

I just love ordering from Amazon. The laptop battery I ordered on 9/20 (2 days ago) arrived yesterday! That was less than 24 hours from when I ordered! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It wasn't due until 9-26. And the battery I ordered for my camera is due today. 2 day delivery. So cool!

Wow - I had a lot of catching up to do!

I don't blame you for changing your flights. Doesn't seem worth it for the up charge.

Your rental car rate sounds excellent.

I do think you should just arrive at POP to start - especially if it gets you more of the free dining plan. It's a no brainer IMO. Definitely worth the $50 for no hassel and more food.

I also shop off Amazon - love it. You can literally find everything there! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter