LIVE-Here now at POP! WOW-the RAIN was OMG! updtd 10-12 inc PTR

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
NEW-we are currently here at POP. I have 24 hours of internet right now. My DM was concerned she had a blood clot in her leg and wanted me to check the symptoms. :scared1: Based on everything we read she doesn't:goodvibes But I will have 24 hours of internet. I will post a little about our trip.

Okay, let me admit it right off the bat, when it comes to planning WDW trips I can be a very sneaky DD! :idea: When free DDP is announced (in April or May) I usually go ahead a book it without telling my DM. And she goes with us! And we live together! :rotfl:

But wait, I’m getting a little ahead of myself.

Let me start by introducing my cast of characters…
(pictures of us are in my siggy below which will remain there unless I put a ticker in my siggy)

Age before beauty…:rotfl2:

My DM, 72, but doesn’t look or act her age. Okay, she’s really not 72, she’s 71 and will be 72 before we go to WDW in October. About 10 years ago my DM and I decided to each sell our houses and buy a larger home, together, so she could help me raise my DD11 (more info on that in my info). My DM is self-employed, in construction, as I am, and we both run our businesses from our house. My older DSsis works with my DM and I see her everyday, M-F.:yay:

Here she is
103_1754.jpg

walking with DD at Discovery Cove. (they were having a good time, I just happened to catch them unsmiling.)

And her she is cutting up with the DC sunblock)
103_1743.jpg

My DM is a real trooper and I frequently forget that she is almost 72. Seriously, she doesn’t act her age and for the most part is uncomplaining. She keeps up with DD11 and I most of the time.

In keeping with the age thing, here’s me

I’m a self-employed, single mom, 52, of a wonderful DD11. She’ll turn 12 in Sept. I was lucky enough to be able to adopt my DD when she was a baby. She is my daughter by choice and she is also related by blood as she is my biological niece. Best thing I’ve ever said is “Ill take her” when she was in the NICU being weaned off drugs and no one knew if the drugs would have a lasting result. Luckily, they didn’t, and she’s a very healthy, happy, and very smart (sometimes scary smart) young lady.

Here's me
103_1475.jpg

This was last year on Siesta Key-we came upon this almost completed sandcastle and DD had the best time finishing it. :goodvibes

5 years ago I started a POP Fridge Swap that is still continuing to this day. I have been able to use it 5 times now, my DSis used it this May for her 30th anniversary, and I will be using it again in October., number 6!:wizard: When I started that swap so long ago I never expected it to still be going on. AMAZING! :dance3:

And finally, the reason I do what I do, my DD, almost 12.
102_1169.jpg

(last year in the airport on the way to WDW)

She is the light of my life and a wonderful child.:cloud9: She is very loving and giving. She is very smart and started in the 7th grade IB (International Baccalaureate) program about 5 weeks ago. This year her school is still year round which allows us to go to WDW in October without missing school. From K-5th grade her school was also year round and she was off in Sept. That’s why we really started going then and we love that time of year. Plus we would usually celebrate both my DD and my DM's birthdays. They are only 3 days apart. In 6th grade her school changed to traditional so I took her out for 8 days to go to WDW. :scared1: Afterwards her teacher told me usually a child will drop a letter grade when they miss more than a week. Luckily, she didn’t, and she carried a 4.0 from 4-6th.:woohoo: I’m so proud of her.:grouphug:

She is also a pre-teen and starting puberty. Eye rolls and tone are pretty much a part of everyday life.;)

DD is a voracious reader and has been since she first picked up her first Harry Potter in 1st grade. In 5th grade she earned the most AR points at her school that has ever been earned. The record remains unbroken. She also loves to play softball and is a pretty good 2nd baser. She just missed out on being on All-Stars this year and hopes to get picked next year. Winter ball evaluations were held yesterday and we should find out what team/manager she got this week and start practices. First game is Sept. 10th. She will miss 2 games while at WDW. :sad2:

So, that’s our small cast of characters. I’ll try to come up with some cute little names for us. If I do, I’ll edit this post.

Right now my DD is wanting to get on the computer so I will be getting off now and I will update this thread soon.

I hope you will find my Pre-Trip report of interest. I did one last year and then did a few updates while in Florida (before we reached WDW and still had FREE internet access). Unfortunately I never did a Trip Report after we got home. This time I promise :littleangel: I will!

Great start to your TR. Congrats on being the founder of the POP fridge swap. Cool. Are you using it in October.

Your DD is very pretty. She looks and sounds like a lovely young woman.

Looking forward to more!

Great start to your TR. Congrats on being the founder of the POP fridge swap. Cool. Are you using it in October?

Your DD is very pretty. She looks and sounds like a lovely young woman.

Looking forward to more!

Thank you.:hug: And yes she is a lovely young women (how did that happen?-sometimes I still think of her as that little almost 3 y/o on her first trip to WDW. :cloud9:) BTW, she started her own PTR yesterday.

My DD's first PTR. An almost 12 y/o's view
(Yeah, I got the link thingy to work!!;))

Yes, I am using it again in Oct. :goodvibes I had to block out about a month on my swap since I didn't know what my dates would be. Now a few lucky people will get to use it during Sept. and early Oct.:wizard:

Your mom looks like she is one fun person to be around!! Looks like all of you have good times wherever you go!!

Thanks, we try!

A couple years ago we ran into one of my DD's friends family at BB (we knew they were at WDW but you know how hard it is sometimes to coordinate schedules). It was one of DD's favorite days at WDW playing with her friend:cloud9:

Anyway, we were going around the park, showing the mom and dad the rides, etc., and they were having a hard time keeping up.(They are both in the mid-40's I would guess). They asked how old we were and were genuinely surprised when I told them I was 49 (at the time) and my DM was 69. They thought I was in my 30's :cloud9:, hah! They had to do a slower pace (and we don't run around) and we ended up losing them for part of the day. I think we exhausted them. ;)That was when I realized that my DM was almost 70 and I really take it for granted that she can keep up with DD11 and myself. Until then I didn't really think about her being almost 70. I am lucky that she hasn't really slowed down at 70. Now I will try to make an effort to take things a little bit slower for her, not that she ever complains.

Joined your DD's PTR, so I thought I should join yours as well! She's a fantasic writer by the way (you are too!)!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!

Joined your DD's PTR, so I thought I should join yours as well! She's a fantasic writer by the way (you are too!)!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!

Thanks! I think she's a much better writer than I am. Sometimes she just blows me away!;)

UPDATE

Today my DSis came into work (she works in our home with our DM) to tell me some news. Is it good or bad, you be the judge....:confused3

Her brother-in-law and sister-in-law (her DH's brother) are going to be going to WDW and POP. Guess when??? Yup, that's right, they will be there when we are there. From 10/8 to 10/15! Yikes!:scared1: She helped them book it yesterday. They wanted to go to Hawaii but it was going to cost over $5000 for a week and she showed them that they could go to WDW for around $2500 for 7 nights (seems like a no-brainer go me!)

They will be flying on Virgin from LAX on the 8th. Which means we will fly from ONT on SW on the 8th (unless we go few days earlier). I was considering Virgin since they are non-stop from LAX but I don't really want to have to pay for our luggage. Now I don't have to decide.

The problem is they aren't our 2 most favorite people. And there's no way we are going to spend much time with them while at WDW. They are hard to have a conversation with as they always bring every conversation back to them. Plus she's .....how can I say this nicely?....Oh, I know, she will really enjoy the Food & Wine Festival? Know what I mean?;)

Our trip starts on the same day as theirs so we will be there their entire vacation. Of course that way we all get to have free QSDP. Wonder if it's too late to change to the last week of October?:lmao:

My DM wasn't too happy to hear this news but I'm sure it'll be fine. They are only going to get 4 day Non-PH tickets. We will have either PH or an AP. We will do 2 days at the waterparks. My DSis is talking them into going to Discovery Cove (only $149 for non-Dolphin experience) so they probably won't be doing TL or BB, right?

I'm sure it'll be fine. (Did I already say that!) I will give them some of my knowledge (like the spread sheet I made for snacks on the DDP) and I already booked them a car for 7 days for around $240 (best my DSis could find on HotWire was around $400). I booked it at National using Visa and $35 off/week code. I won't tell them everything I know since I don't think they will listen to all of it anyway. :laughing:

Too bad they're going the same time we are-they could use my fridge if they weren't. Oh, but I bet I can talk them into sharing the cost of my PP CD. So there's one piece of good news, right?;)

Couple weeks ago my DSis won a trip to any SeaWorld location for 4 days. She's been thinking of going to San Antonio (I know, really?) I think she should have to go to SW Orlando during the week of 10/8, don't you?

That stinks that you'll have unwanted guests, but at least you're making the best of it. Maybe you'll wear them out with you're style of park touring and they will have to take a day to stay at the resort and relax. :thumbsup2

That stinks that you'll have unwanted guests, but at least you're making the best of it. Maybe you'll wear them out with you're style of park touring and they will have to take a day to stay at the resort and relax. :thumbsup2

Yeah-they are more the "lay by the pool" travelers (even in Hawaii!) That's not for us. Now granted, we don't go all "commando" by being at the parks from RD (rope drop) to closing with our itinerary in hand but we don't just lay around either.

Like I said, I'm sure it'll be fine (that's my new mantra ;)) I think they may know that we are big fans of theirs and heck, maybe they don't like us much either!:laughing:

Okay, let me tell you what I have done for our trip over the past 24 hours or so.....

I have this thing about collecting as much info as I can to make our trip seem easy and stress free. To that affect yesterday I started looking at the F&WF brochure Food & Wine Festival Brochure and I decided to copy the info and put it into a format I could have, with extra info I felt important, so we would have it to refer to before and during our stay. This all started when I read a thread about eating at the F&WF and as I was posting some of my food pix from last year I wanted to verify some of the food names and I saw that a few of the items we ate aren't being offered this year. This got me thinking of all the food choices we missed out on last year due to not knowing about them. (Also that first weekend was crazy crowded! We'll have more time for visiting F&WF this year, inc. weekdays. :lovestruc)

If you are interesting in seeing my lists I compiled, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it out to you. Since not just one format would do I actually created 2 versions with the food and drinks on it-one in a 3 column format and another in a 2 column one with larger printing. For those over 40+ eyes!:rotfl: Then, since I personally am not interested in the adult beverages being offered (not a tea-totaler, just not that much into wine) I made 2 versions without the wines (except for those booths only offering adult beverages). Again one in a 3 column format and another in a 2 column format with a larger font. All of the versions, with one exception, can be printed out on 1 piece of letter sized paper, printing on both sides. The full listing, in large print, will take 2 sheets.

Okay, I just noticed the time and it's time to get ready to go to lunch so I will make you wait to see what else I did for our trip. And it's a biggie.....makes me truly believe we are really going......stay tuned

Just went to check on DNephew2.8 and ..THANK GOODNESS FOR MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASER!

I will fill in the details when I return

Why I love Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

As I left off I was getting ready to go to lunch. I went to check on my DNephew2.8 who when I last say him (5-7 minutes ago) was playing happily in my DD's room with her Littlest Pets and watching Mickey's Clubhouse and what did I find? Oh no, he had rubbed Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Lotion all over his arms, legs, and stomach and also drew on himself with bright pink marker! If you don't know what Mary Kay EML is it is basically like Vaseline, but lightly scented and pink in color. He also drew on DD's dresser and clock and got the lotion all over her bedding, inc. her blankie. He was a bright pink and greasy mess!

So even though he had just taken a shower about an hour ago it was into the warm bath for him after my DM wiped him down with some paper towels to get most of the lotion off. My DSis used Mr. Clean to clean off the furniture and we stripped DD's bed and put it in hot water to wash. I hope everything comes out our she will be one unhappy girl (you know how older kids can be about younger ones getting in their stuff!)

I should introduce my DNephew (DN2.8 from now on). His is my younger DSis' adopted son. Biological 1/2 brother to my DD11. My DSis works from 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m, M-F. Since we work out of the home guess who provides his day-care? Yep, you guessed it. She drops him off in the morning around 5 a.m. and puts him to bed. She picks him up around 2:30 just about the time DD is getting home from school.

Only thing is for the next 3 weeks her store is doing a change-over which means she works from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sun-Thur/Fri. Today is only day 3 of these overnighters and I'm not looking forward to the next 2-1/2 weeks. I will so need a vacation by the time this is all done. Don't get me wrong, I love my DN2.8 but he is a handfull. Completely different from my DD11 at this age. We first took her to WDW when she was 2 and 9 months. I wouldn't even think about traveling and sharing a room with him at this age. :scared1: Oh, and plus, my DSis doesn't real seem all that appreciative of what we do for her and her DS. I mean, would it kill her to pick up his toys and maybe empty the dishwasher every once in awhile? Really?;)

The Magic Eraser got everything off the dresser and clock and even helped get some of the marker off him. The rest will have to wear off.:rotfl2: I'm sure his DM will appreciate the bright pink marker! She already hates the fact that he loves pink. ;);)

So that's what we had to deal with today before lunch. I didn't know how lucky I had it with DD. She never drew on anything but paper. No walls, no furniture, no skin. Only thing she did was when she was about 3 was cut her own bangs. :scared1: Luckily she just gave herself bangs, didn't cut them to the skin. Took years from them to grow back out when she decided to have long bangs again though.

If you've never used Magic Eraser, give it a try. It's an awesome product. And no, I don't work for the company in any way, shape, or form. Just love using it.

Working on my next update...stay tuned....(I actually have an appointment today to meet a new client-Yippee!:cloud9:-money for Disney!)

Here's DN2.8 at the beach wearing his Mickey sunglasses. He just loves opening his "windows"
108B7470.jpg

He is a cutie and I do love him.:cloud9:

And a few more just because he is so darned cute-lucky for him!;)
108B8202.jpg

108B8004.jpg

Added-I just noticed that not only is he wearing Mickey glasses one day but he's also wearing a Mickey shirt the other day. Really, we love WDW and DLR but we have not the kind of people who wearing Disney stuff all the time, really, I swear!

Oh My - sounds like you are going to be one busy lady for the next 2.5 weeks. Good Luck with that! :laughing:

I think the PP share is a wonderful idea. You should definitely do that and you could try to get together maybe to watch fireworks or for a meal or something. Otherwise, don't go out of your way. Suggest something that works with your general itinerary and go from there.

Happy Planning!

I left off yesterday without telling you what I did to cement our plans. Many of you probably already guessed it though. I booked our plane tickets! :cloud9:

I've been checking Southwest for the past week or so. And wouldn't you know it on Tues. they started another sale. Problem is that when they do that if you can't get those cheaper fares, the other fares usually go up!:scared1:

We typically fly out of ONT (Ontario, California) which is a wonderful airport to fly from and in to. Only about 30 mins. from our house and typically no traffic. Problem is there are NO direct flights from ONT to MCO! Yep that's right, no direct flights. If we want direct, non stop, we have to go to LAX which is quite a bit further and you have to deal with traffic and the fact that it's a much bigger airport. At ONT we can literally park right in front of the terminal and be inside in 2-3 minutes. It's a dream. LAX, not so much. We have flown to WDW from LAX once, about 5-6 years ago, but then only because we got a killer deal on Song (now gone :sad2:) for $89/e.w. which came to about $200 RT. Plus it was non-stop. Thing was we had to park our car at LAX and we left home about 3 hours before our flight time of 10 p.m. Then coming home it took about 2 hours or so from the time we landed until we got home.

At ONT we can literally be walking in the door less than 1 hr. after landing-and that includes getting our luggage. Is it any wonder we love ONT?;) It's really nice to get home so quickly after a full day of flying and getting home as late as we do. Typically around 10 p.m. or so.

So you might wonder why SW? Well that's a really good question. ;) When we first started going to WDW with DD we pretty much exclusively flew SW. We could pre-board and the fares were great. Once she got too old for pre-boarding, and I saw that Delta's fares were pretty much the same, we started flying Delta. Loved being able to pick our seats. (though we've never had an issue sitting together on SW;))

Well then came the start of charging for luggage. :scared1: On SW you can check 2 bags, each, no charge. :cloud9: At first Delta was letting you fly with one bag free. So we stuck with them and really enjoyed the added benefit of checking our luggage at the resort prior to departure (at the time SW wasn't part of this program). It did mean I had to reduce the amount of things we bring (yes, I tend to pack a lot!) For DD and myself I usually bring 3 large bags. (I know, I know). Really, it's not that much.;) 2 of the bags are mostly for our clothes, towels, etc. (I do split up our stuff-about 1/2 in each bag, just in case the bags go MIA) and the 3rd bag is for all the other stuff we bring along. There for awhile we were even bringing a twin sized blow up mattress for DD but she's not so much a bed hog any more and one of us can share a bed with her.:thumbsup2 Plus Delta was still competitive with SW on pricing.

But then Delta started charging for all checked bags-that was the end of Delta for us. I just can't see paying for my luggage, really. And of course POP, and soon most of WDW) started handling SW luggage at the resorts! Yippee! Back to SW for us. I really have no worries about us sitting together, as long as I check in at the 24 hour mark, we do fine. We have paid for EBCI (Early Bird Check In) which is really nice (only $10 each) and especially handy when coming home-they automatically check you in 36 hours before your flight. That way I don't have to ask my DSis to do it from home, arrange to be somewhere at WDW at the 24 hour mark who'll do it for me, or pay the $10/daily fee to hook up to the internet while at POP. This year I think I will just EBCI myself. Then my DM and DD can follow behind. Last year I did DD and myself and my DM (no EBCI) was literally less than 5-10 people behind us. I probably didn't need to to EBCI but it's only $10, right?

You might wonder why I don't check other airlines like Jet Blue, Virgin, etc. Well I actually did but Jet Blue to MCO usually goes through NY and that really adds to the time, plus the fares are a little more. Virgin flies from LAX (direct) but they charge for their bags plus my Dsis' Inlaws are leaving on the same day as us and we didn't want to fly with them. And the final reason I wanted to book SW....well, back in June there was a fare sale and I booked 3 RT flights from ONT to MCO for $240 each, plus fees (total $848.40) which was a killer deal. Problem was I booked them for our original dates of Sept 24-Oct. 3rd. I knew when I booked them that there was a chance I would rebook but another great thing about SW is they don't charge you ANYTHING to change your flights. You simply have to pay the increased price. If it goes down you price you get a SW credit for a later booking.

Okay, this post is getting long, so I will continue it on next post

When I started checking SW last week I was seeing fares all over the place. From a low of $120 to a high of almost $300, e.w. (Wanna Getaway fares only). There are 3 airports in our area that we could use. LAX, ONT, and SNA (Orange County). Which just adds to the confusion.

Then for one final wrench to throw in the works, when I booked our room at POP I booked 10/8 to 10/18 fully expecting my DM71 to not want to go that long and knowing we would either shorten the trip for all of us or she would go home a few days earlier. On our last trip of 11 nights we both sort of agreed it was a long trip. So not only do I have to check return flights on the 18th but also around the 14th just in case she wants to go home sooner.

As we were looking up airfares yesterday my younger DSis (DN2.8) mom came in and said "How much would it be for me to go to WDW with you?" Like I have the number in my head. :rotfl: But seriously, after telling my DM that she didn't want to go on vacation anywhere where she had to fly with her DSon. She has a 7 day, non-expiring, PH with pluses burning a hole in her pocket and since DN2.8 is under 3 he would be free. Okay, so I do a quick check for a week, starting on 10/8 and basically it would be around $1100 ish for 7 nights with a 2 day base tix. I told her the flight would run around $350 each. I also discussed with her that even though POP allows 4 adults and 1 child (in a Pack 'n Play) that she would need a separate (but connecting) room for DSon to get any sleep. He wakes up from his nap at the slightest noise and he usually wakes up crying-only from his nap, not in the a.m. I also told her we wanted to book asap so that the fares wouldn't go up. She said she needed to think about it.

My DM and I discussed her going home earlier and she said she was fine staying the whole time and didn't want to fly home alone anyway. :cloud9: Great, so now that decisions have been made it was time to get serious about our flights. Usually SW has good (I mean reasonably priced) flights leaving on Sat. from ONT. but not now. Best I could get was like $250 ish, one way.:eek: I checked LAX (not really wanting to go there) and SNA. SNA didn't really have any great deals on Sat. either but the had a pretty good one on Friday. (yes, an extra day!) Leaving at 12:30 p.m. and arriving at MCO at 11 p.m. A good time to leave since traffic should be okay going and for my DSis after she drops us. SNA is only about 35 min. or so from our home. Arriving at MCO at 11 p.m. is fine with us since to us it will seem like 8 p.m. Since we have been to WDW before we don't mind coming in late, plus we get to be at WDW that whole first Saturday! The fare was only $144, which is a pretty good deal. I checked with my DM and she said to book it. We would just get a room for our arrival. Probably not at POP, but somewhere nearby for around $50/night.

Return flights were also best into SNA. 2 flights leaving in late a.m or early afternoon. Arriving home at 5 or 7 p.m. Both were $169/ o.w. We decided the later flight would be best, giving us 2 extra hours to make our flight and getting us home after rush hour. So I booked them. I had about $850 credit from the canceled flights and ended up paying $1064 in total. About $216 more for the 3 of us. Instead of being the great rate of $285 each, RT, we know paid about $354. Not great, but not bad either. And no baggage fees. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Plus, with SW I can keep checking and if the fare goes down, I will rebook and receive a credit for future flights.

I was so relieved after all that was done (oh, and DSis decided not to go-she really doesn't want to take DN2.8 on a plane). Everything is falling into place. It looks like we are truly going. :cloud9:

After we got back from lunch I pulled up my confirmation to make note of my flight times and I noticed I had made a mistake! :scared1: Not a huge one, but nevertheless, I made one that is bothering me. What was it? Stay tuned.

Oh, if you want my Food & Wine Festival list(s) send me a PM or email. Let me know which one you want. If none is specified, I will send the food and wine, 3 column one.

Sorry if these last 2 posts were lengthy. There's just so much that goes into booking our flights. ;) I promise most of them won't be this long, except the one where I debate whether to upgrade our DL AP to Premiere AP for both coasts.

Quick update-we are walking out the door for a few hour trip to DLR! Why, you may ask especially since it is the start of the D23 convention? Well, DN2.8 has been promised all week that if he went in his potty chair he could go to DLand. And this a.m, after about 2 hours (off and on) he did it! So we are off for a quick visit. I'll report back when we return!

Hope it's not too :crowded: Oh, and it's just DM, DN2.8, and me. DD11 is in school, his DM is sleeping, and my other Dsis is blocked out.

Bye

We took DN2.8 to DLR for his "potty party" at DLR and had a good time. I may post a mini-TR and if so I'll post a link to it.

But onto the business at hand...

Here are my bargains for the day (and it's only 7:50 a.m. here!)

As usually I check with SW to see if my flights have dropped at all. I would really like to get a slightly different flight coming home. Oh, remember when I told you I made a mistake on my flight plans, well here it is...

I booked the wrong flight home! :scared1: I wanted the flight that left at about 2 p.m. and got in around 7 p.m. But I booked the one leaving at noon and arriving at 5 p.m. Both flights were $144 so it was an easy mistake to make, right? And no, it's not a tragedy to lose 2 hours at WDW but I really wanted to flight that gets in a little later in OC. 5 p.m. puts us right in rush hour coming home. Again, not a juge deal since my Dsis will be picking us up in my SUV so I'll be the one dealing with it. Just adds a little extra time on the road.

However, I really would like to rebook it to the later flight. Once I realized my mistake, which was about 2 hours after I booked it, I checked and the flight had already gone up to $189! In less than 2 hours! :scared1: While I'd like the different flight I'm not willing to pay over $120 for the 3 of us. So, I'll keep checking.

So, this morning the flight is hovering around $272 which is crazy. The flight we are taking is that much as well. Guess I'll have to keep checking. :surfweb:

I need to buy a new battery for my camera. A little backstory first (of course!). I seem to be death on digital cameras. The last one I bought in June 2010 starting acting up within the 1 yr. warranty period and I had just checked with Sams Club on using their extended warranty when within like 2-3 days I dropped the camera and it won't turn on. :scared1: It was on and landed on the lense. Drat! At least it was only a reasonably priced one. About $120.

So, on my birthday this June my DSis gave me her old camera since she bought herself a much nicer one. It's a nice little Kodak Easyshare Z740 she's had for about 3 years, I think. When she got it I bought her some extra batteries and a charger for Christmas. Well she lost 1 of the batteries and the other won't hold a charge for more than 10 pix. It's worn out! It's one of those batteries that looks like 2-AAs attached. Good thing is I can use regular AA's as well but it really eats through them.

I need to get new batteries for it so I started looking online. My DSis says they do sell them at WM and Target, so I'll check there as well. I started with Kodak.com just to see what the kodak ones go for. Imagine my surprise to see that they are on sale for $7.98! Normally it retails on Kodak.com for $49.95 and the best price on Amazon is $34.99. Of course I can ship free on Amazon but by adding one more item to my cart on Kodak I don't pay shipping either. If I order 2 of the Lithium Dig. Batteries and one 4-pack of regular rechargeable AA (for cameras) the total is just uner $30, for everything. I heck of a deal! I can probably get an imatator battery for around the same price but when it comes to my cameras, I prefer to stick with the name brand. I will order this today and that's one thing off my list-okay the list is only mental at this point, but I do have one. ;)

Shoes-my DM71 and I prefer to wear our Crocs pretty much exclusively while on vacation. They are great for walking around the parks and work in the water as well.:cloud9: Our favorite style is the Cleo, which is a cute sandal with a little style. I actually will get compliments on these shoes, especially for those in the medical field-like my Dentist. Problem is the original Cleo is no more. :sad2: I probably have 4-5 pairs of them in various stages of wear. Once the bottoms wear out they reallt get slippery when walking on wet concrete! :eek:

Here's the original Cleos, cute huh?
untitled.png

These aren't my actual shoes, but I do have all these colors. ;) Okay, maybe I have 6-7 pairs?:laughing:

So they came out with the Cleo II, and it's pretty cute as well. Also comfortable. Almost as much as the first ones. Problem is with the top strap. I don't like the position of it as much, but it's okay. You can put it behind your heel for a different look and feel.

Here's the new one
untitled2.png

I usually buy my Crocs from Shoebuy.com (thanks to tips I read here years ago!) and I bought 2 pairs for myself (black and brown) and my DM bought one for herself (black) back in July when Shoebuy was having a $10 off sale. We got them for like $18, shipped (free) with the $10 off and $2 for new/good customers. I placed 3 separate orders. Since i pretty much only wear Crocs now (my Cleos or Patricias) I know I'm going to need another pair in a while. Plus my DM wants another pair as well. Luckily Shoebuy is having a Back to School Sale. 25% off, good thru 8-24. While not as good as $10 off, it's still $7.50 off.

I ordered myself another brown pair and got my DM a brown pair as well. It was around $20 each. :goodvibes I very good price since they retail for $29.99. I will give my DM hers for her birthday which is in Sept. So now not only do I have my shoes shopping done, but I have my DM's birthday present as well. Though I have another little something in mind as well.

I also checked car rental rates to see if they have dropped. I have a car booked through National at $390 for 11 days ($35/day) which isn't too bad considering I can pick any car in the Emerald Aisle but I would really like to get the rate down a little. It's stil the same today. I will check Alamo as well though. I like booking National and/or Alamo since you don't have to use a CC card to reserve and can canel and rebook with no problems.:cloud9: There have been times when I have rebooked our car 2-3 days before our trip, and even the day before, and saved money. I have usually been able to get it around $250 for 10 days so I would like to get that again. I'll keep looking. :surfweb:

So, that's what I've done for our trip so far this a.m.

Checked airfares at SW
Checked rental rates at National
Ordered new shoes for DM and myself.
Ordered new camera batteries.

It think that's a pretty good start to the day!:hug:

Today-checked SW, airfare coming home is still around $272/one way! :scared1: National's rates are still the same. Alamo is a little more right now, but I'll keep checking. I really don't want to pay $35/day. ;)

This morning I worked on my calendar. It's not one of those where I put down where we will be every hour of the day but just a calendar of the parks times, etc. Interesting thing was that I just started with the one I made for last year and most of the EMH days were the same this year as last. Of course I'm still annoyed that there are no more EMH evenings at AK! :sad2: Since the park is only open until 5 that really is a short day. I understand when they have their summer hours that they don't want the park open so late, but can't they stay open later in the fall? 9-5 is only 8 hours. That's a pretty short day and AK is really my favorite park of the major 4.

1 interesting thing I noticed is that EPCOT is open until 10 p.m. on the 2 Saturdays we are there. (Oct. 8 and 15th). Illuminations is as 10 as well. We will usually finish our day at EPCOT so it's nice to have the extra hour if we go to the parks on Saturday.

I've also been playing around with my snacks list. Found some new info (Japan & Germany) and updated my list.

That's it for now....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter