Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

The desserts didnt wow my DH and I was pretty full so we skipped it and took a stroll to Norway in the misty rain.

Disney023-2.jpg

School bread is the greatest thing since I dont know what. Such a light sweet roll filled with the lightest of air slightly sweet cream and covered in a not too sweet white icing and smothered in coconut....omigod it was the best ever and we got a huge kick out of the kids next to us that thought we were eating all that yellow butter..they thought the cream was straight butter! :rotfl2:
Disney024-1.jpg

ok, so where can I get these desserts? In Norway I'm assuming? My hubby and I both love rice pudding and that School Bread looks like the most amazing thing ever!! :eek: While my DH is a chocolate lover, I'm more of a custard, creamy, pudding, vanilla type girl... so that school bread sounds like it would be just up my alley! anything with cream and bread and coconut... ooh good lord, I don't know if I can wait until December to try it! And why have I not heard of this "school bread", as you call it, before? Is it a new dessert?!

:)

Keep the pictures coming. Your review is amazing and it is great that you can do it right at WDW. Thanks again

I'm loving your reviews! I am so glad I added BOMA as a last minute breakfast reservation. This is our first trip to Disney so I am going off a lot of dining reviews! Thank you!
I am anxiously awaiting Cape May...

Thanks for posting the new menu to Citrico's. We are eating there in a few weeks. Are you guys eating there this time???

Thank you SO much for taking time to post your reviews LIVE. I hope you and DH are having a wonderful time!

Are you planning to eat at Yak & Yeti? I would LOVE to see more pics from there. Anyway, wherever you go...we are there with you!

No we did not make it there this time but we will go for sure in October since we will be staying at the AKL.

This is just so fantastic. We're at the BCV in 2 weeks, also at AKV and we'll be going to Boma for bfast. A question about the Tea...is it "all you can eat", or is it just the portion they give you? Could you have gotten more scones? They looked good! Do you just pick one little dessert, or can you try as many as you want?

I think it is just the allotted portion that they give you but I bet if you ask nicely or got down on your hands and knees and begged they might "throw you a scone" :rotfl2:

You pick 2 pastries or strawberries and cream.

Does anyone know if tutto will be open mid Oct? Have to make ADRs next week - what to do....;)
Fantabulous reviews & pics Nic!

Thanks! I hope they are still open in Oct, that is when we are coming back and DH has his heart set on it

How many days are left? I feel like I'm there with you! This is the best report I've read in a long time.

Are you going to Boma for dinner any of the nights?

Good job!

ok, so where can I get these desserts? In Norway I'm assuming? My hubby and I both love rice pudding and that School Bread looks like the most amazing thing ever!! :eek: While my DH is a chocolate lover, I'm more of a custard, creamy, pudding, vanilla type girl... so that school bread sounds like it would be just up my alley! anything with cream and bread and coconut... ooh good lord, I don't know if I can wait until December to try it! And why have I not heard of this "school bread", as you call it, before? Is it a new dessert?!

We got the desserts at the bakery in Norway, might go back there again tonight!

Thanks for posting the new menu to Citrico's. We are eating there in a few weeks. Are you guys eating there this time???

We are not eating there this time but for sure on one of our future trips!

How many days are left? I feel like I'm there with you! This is the best report I've read in a long time.

Are you going to Boma for dinner any of the nights?

Good job!

We leave sometime on Sunday and I am so bummed out about it! We are going to do Boma dinner in October when we are staying at the AKL

We went back to the OKW to pack, shower and check out...I did not read my bill before we went to breakfast but when I did they charged me $315 a night instead of the $189 that I booked at. Well of course I threw away the reservation when we checked in so I had nothing in writing to prove it. And let me tell you something the lovely (NOT) woman at the front desk all but called me a LIAR and said there was no way you would get the OKW at that price. I said Ma'am, I booked this room in Dec when I received the 40% off postcard and I have the room paid in full. She went to get a superviser who fixed the problem right away and credited back my card $425.

Word of caution, never ever throw away your reservation until after you check out and check your bill.

So over to the YC which is our fav resort. We checked in early with a king bed and a huge water view. We hopped a bus to MK, DH was dying to eat at the Pirate and the Parrot across from the POTC.

Another BTW, the egg roll cart across from the Carpet Ride is open again and they had a super long line.

We get to the CS Mexican stand at 11 and DH orders a taco salad and I had the tacos and it comes with yellow rice. I wish I took a picture of the items...it was pathetic. The corn shells and flour shell with a bit of meat and NOTHING ELSE! I mean nothing. The CM tells us to get our own condiments and the beans were extra but DH said skip it. We head to the toppings bar and load up. The meal was $16.59 and not that great at all. It kept "coming up" all night long, if you catch my drift, still have that terrible taste in my mouth.

Taco salad, onions, lettuce, tomato and salsa

Disney054.jpg

Tacos with the same as above

Disney052.jpg

Yellow rice which was pasty and had no flavor

Disney053.jpg

We are not in a rush to come back here anytime soon.
So glad to have read this...we were planning on eating here. We'll definitely think twice about it now.
I enjoying your review SOOOO much! I'm getting so hungry! Thanks for all the info!

Thanks for all the wonderful reviews and pictures!
I have a question about Boma. Will they make you an omelet? They list that on allears but I noticed that they were pre-made in your pictures.
Thanks Again for all the work that went into your reviews!

Just changed some ADR's today...& added Tutto. Hopefully they will not close before August. The food looked great. DD & I were drooling.

Loving yout report and pictures. I was drooling at the pastry and dessert shots! If you're getting another Peach Tea Schnapps can you ask them what's in it? It looks SO good and I love Peach Schnapps. Maybe one can make it in the blender.

I have never heard of the Free Dining plan what is it and how do I sign up??? Also what is a DDE card???

Thanks for any info

:thanks:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter