Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

Glad that you enjoyed it, I hope you love all of your meals! Have a great trip, let me know what the weather and crowds are like, we will be back in 3 weeks!

I will absolutly let you know how it is but I am predicting hot as heck and packed to boot! But it will be wonderful! Where all are you eating on your weekend trip in a few weeks?

I will absolutly let you know how it is but I am predicting hot as heck and packed to boot! But it will be wonderful! Where all are you eating on your weekend trip in a few weeks?

We will be there June 20-22 and will go to DTD on Friday for lunch at WPE and dinner at Yak & Yeti (never been). On Saturday we are going to Epcot for the day and will have lunch at Tangierine Cafe and dinner at Spoodles (havent been in 10 years). Sunday morning we have a late breakfast at Boma and then on the road home.

We are going back in August 22-24 and will go to DTD on Friday for WPE (see our arrival pattern?) and dinner at Tonys in MK (never been). Saturday we have a very early breakfast at Kona and dinner at Teppan Edo (havent been in 5 years) and the day we leave breakfast at CP

I promise to take pics of all of them!

Nicki thank you soooo much for this amazing post! We are going down in Aug/Sept for our 25th anniversary and have most of our ADRs done. The only b'fast we included was 1900 and I'm sure we'll pop in at Whispering Canyons one morning as it is right at our hotel.

We do have ressies at Yachtmans' so I was thrilled to see your review of that one. Our actual anny dinner is at Cali Grill as that is where we had a fab meal for our 15th. If you haven't done that one, try it sometime and go with a late seating so you can watch the fireworks over the Kingdom. We loved the Boma b'fast when we stayed at AKL. Just great and the people were wonderful over there. Getting concerned about the ressie for the luau as I'm hearing mixed things about the food and entertainment and since it is an OOP for us, lot of money to throw on a so-so experience. We also have a ressie for Artist Pointe and I've yet to hear a bad thing about that place.

I did want to do Chefs of Paris but DH turned up his nose. He is a steak man and nothing there sounded exceptional so not this time! lol Will have to content myself with a pastry from France instead.

Thanks again for the incredible time you put into this!

Karen

Your 2 summer weekends sound fabulous. I keep adding places and Aaron keeps telling me that we are not going to have room in our bellies for it all. Well I wanna try it all so I am making the reservations I replied. His answer was well we will just go back soon then. Woohoo!! Of course that was my plan all along. Well that and eating some awesome food along the way!
So here are our ADRs for next week.
Friday-Lunch at Sci Fi Dine In
Saturday- Breakfast at Tusker House
Sunday- Lunch at Crystal Palace
Monday- Late dinner at California Grill and view of Fireworks
Tuesday- Dinner at Biergarten
Wednesday- Josh has the Pirate cruise thing in the morning and we have dinner at Boma
Thursday- Lunch at Garden Grill
Friday- Lunch at 50s Prime Time Diner

There are a few more sophisticated choices that I would like to go for but maybe in the future. Josh is pretty picky but I am hoping he grows out of it.
I can't wait though! Just a few more days!

Nicki thank you soooo much for this amazing post! We are going down in Aug/Sept for our 25th anniversary and have most of our ADRs done. The only b'fast we included was 1900 and I'm sure we'll pop in at Whispering Canyons one morning as it is right at our hotel.

We do have ressies at Yachtmans' so I was thrilled to see your review of that one. Our actual anny dinner is at Cali Grill as that is where we had a fab meal for our 15th. If you haven't done that one, try it sometime and go with a late seating so you can watch the fireworks over the Kingdom. We loved the Boma b'fast when we stayed at AKL. Just great and the people were wonderful over there. Getting concerned about the ressie for the luau as I'm hearing mixed things about the food and entertainment and since it is an OOP for us, lot of money to throw on a so-so experience. We also have a ressie for Artist Pointe and I've yet to hear a bad thing about that place.

I did want to do Chefs of Paris but DH turned up his nose. He is a steak man and nothing there sounded exceptional so not this time! lol Will have to content myself with a pastry from France instead.

Thanks again for the incredible time you put into this!

Karen

You are very welcome, it was so much fun to do! Have a fantastic time at the Yachtsman, we loved it! If you can try and get your DH to Chefs, mine wanted nothing to do with it while I was planning and then we changed to it at the last minute and he loved it!

Happy anniversary!

Your 2 summer weekends sound fabulous. I keep adding places and Aaron keeps telling me that we are not going to have room in our bellies for it all. Well I wanna try it all so I am making the reservations I replied. His answer was well we will just go back soon then. Woohoo!! Of course that was my plan all along. Well that and eating some awesome food along the way!
So here are our ADRs for next week.
Friday-Lunch at Sci Fi Dine In
Saturday- Breakfast at Tusker House
Sunday- Lunch at Crystal Palace
Monday- Late dinner at California Grill and view of Fireworks
Tuesday- Dinner at Biergarten
Wednesday- Josh has the Pirate cruise thing in the morning and we have dinner at Boma
Thursday- Lunch at Garden Grill
Friday- Lunch at 50s Prime Time Diner

There are a few more sophisticated choices that I would like to go for but maybe in the future. Josh is pretty picky but I am hoping he grows out of it.
I can't wait though! Just a few more days!

You have got to let me know how Boma dinner is, we are going there in Oct for the first time (dinner) and I am so excited about it!

Have an awesome time!

Now, for the moment you have all been waiting for, pics and reviews of Ohana! DH and I have never been and when we watched the WDW planning DVD he spied the fire pit and said where is that?? Lets eat there! Now the dude has selective memory because when we stayed at the Poly in Oct and I was planning dinners I asked him if he wanted to eat there and he said no, he did not care for the menu. Now all of a sudden it is MY FAULT that he has never dined there. SOOOO I booked a table for 6:30 and promised myself we would not cancel it. Then the menu change took place and I was even more excited to eat there.

We left Epcot and arrived at the Poly at 5:15 and we checked in quickly. The CM said that we would probably have to wait because there were sold out and we said fine, get some pina coladas from the Tambu Lounge and chill in a nice soft sofa. Now I forgot to take pics but here is a pic from yesterday, they look and taste the same, wonderful!

Disney028.jpg

The upstairs lobby was pretty quiet when we arrived but as the time went by it got crazier and crazier, but all is ok because we have a ressie and will be seated soon right? Wrong...we were seated 30 minutes past our ADR time, but so wasnt everyone else. But that is ok because we are going to eat at OHANA!

We are seated at a 4 top table by the windows, what a fantastic setting and atmosphere. Beautiful place. We were lead past the fire pit and the hostess picked up our bread and lead us to our table. Our server was Rosa, she was incredible, checked in on us often, brought us ice tea refills without asking, made sure we had seconds if we wanted it. We were not rushed at all, in fact she told us to relax and pace ourselves!

The bread was like a ciabatta bread consistancy with coconut and pineapple in it. You could smell the coconut but not taste it at all. We each had a small piece, didnt want to fill up on bread!

Disney008-2.jpg

Rosa asked if we wanted anything from the bar to go along with our dinner (since our pina coladas were long gone we said HECK YA!) We each ordered a Sunken Treasure. It has midori, coconut rum, fruit juices and Sprite. The best drink ever because it is the most dangerous....you cannot taste the alcohol and they go down smooth! :laughing:

Disney015-2.jpg

The salad was brought out right away. It was great, nice fresh, crisp greens with a sweet lime dressing, very good and we killed off the bowl in no time.

Disney009-2.jpg

The dipping sauces were peanut (the best out of the 3 and we had to get a refill on it), sweet and sour (tasted like a sweet ketchup) and chimichurri (basil and cumin flavor).

Disney010-2.jpg

We were waiting and waiting for the wings (DH is a wing lover) and the potstickers and the tables on either side of us got theirs (and they were seated after us) and when Rosa noticed that (her assistant gave the other tables the food) she made sure we had our items asap, apologized to us and said she would personally serve us for the rest of the night, not her assistant.

The wings were huge and very good but DH prefers the wings from Kona...they are sweeter and have a zip from the mustard. I loved the wings and the nutty taste the white and black sesame seeds gave them.

Disney016-2.jpg

The potstickers rock, let me tell ya they were cooked perfectly, not too crispy and were great dipped into the peanut sauce even though they had a sweet and sour glaze drizzled on the top.

Disney017-1.jpg

I had asked Rosa if I could get the Lo Mein noodles without the pineapple, she went to check with the chef and the answer was no, I can get plain noodles but not ones without just pineapple. Ok no prob bring on the regular noodles. They were very good and did not taste sweet at all. More like a soy sauce flavor with green and red peppers and very little pineapple and peanut sauce. They were very good and even DH liked them...he is not a huge noodle fan.

Disney018-2.jpg

The best for me was the veggies...I know I am a weirdo but the broccoli and pea pods with alot of garlic are right up my alley. They were cooked perfect and had a killer flavor.

Disney019-2.jpg

The turkey and the pork was next and both were very tender but to DH they tasted the same, to me I prefer the pork, it was melt in your mouth tender and dipped into the peanut sauce was to die for. (Turkey on the left and pork on the right).

Disney020-1.jpg

The steak was phenomenal....super tender and coated with a garlic butter that was so great with the steak....I was able to get a medium piece while DH had a few well done ones.

Disney021.jpg

And next was the peel and eat shrimp and to be honest I was afraid of this one as I have never peeled my own shrimp before. They were huge, and spicy and I LOVE THEM! Easy to peel by pulling off the tale and use the knife to peel...great stuff and we ate lots and lots of them.

Disney023.jpg

Saving the best for last, the dessert. Rosa brought us coffee and this HUMONGOUS bowl filles with bread pudding and the biggest scoop of vanilla ice cream. She then takes this little pot and turns it upside down over the bowl...this golden creamy nectar of the Gods comes out and semi melts the ice cream and drenches the bread pudding. So I look to Rosa and said "Arent you going to bring some out for DH?" :confused3 She looks at me like this :scared1: NO WAY can you eat that by yourself! She was right although I did my best to hog it all. Wow this thing is better than any desserty thing I have ever had at WDW. I notice that DH is not saying anything....I look over at him and his face is just close enough to lick the bowl. I ask him what he thinks, he looks up at me and I swear I see a tear in his eye and I said "ARE YOU CRYING??" He said no, his allergies are acting up again, YA RIGHT you are getting emotional over dessert! :woohoo: But seriously his allergies are kicking his butt up here in WDW...but I thought it was so cute. :cutie:

Disney025.jpg

So bottom line is we love this place and no matter what the wait it is totally worth it and we are going to go back in August when we stay at the Poly for the weekend. When we left at 8:15 there was still a huge line for Ohana and Kona. DH keeps saying how fortunate we are for knowing the DIS and planning way in advance...I say "WHAT WE KEMOSABE?!" Dont let him fool ya, it is all me. Total cost with DDE $64.22

For those of you nervous about the dinner menu, I dont know what to tell you because I never ate the old menu but goodness this place was superb!
Thanks for the wonderful review and pictures! :thanks: :disrocks:
I read elsewhere that the meat was served on a skewer but didn't see that in any of your pictures? :confused3

Brilliant reviews! Can't believe I've only just found them!And i can't believe I hav 10 months to wait to get to try a Boma breakfast!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful review and pictures! :thanks: :disrocks:
I read elsewhere that the meat was served on a skewer but didn't see that in any of your pictures? :confused3

You are welcome! Yes all the proteins were on huge skewers and the servers have tongs that they used to slide the meats off the skewers and onto your plates. You can have as much or as little as you want.

Brilliant reviews! Can't believe I've only just found them!And i can't believe I hav 10 months to wait to get to try a Boma breakfast!!!!

Oh what a wonderful thing this Boma is! We are going back there a week from this Sunday and I cannot wait!

You are welcome! Yes all the proteins were on huge skewers and the servers have tongs that they used to slide the meats off the skewers and onto your plates. You can have as much or as little as you want.
Thank you for your response! One more question, are the skewers wood or metal? Bon Appetite! :goodvibes

Nicki you still keeping up with this thread? I have another question for you! lol

I booked the Luau and like I said above, I'm having doubts. We're paying OOP for L1 seats and it is costing us about $120. Would you stick with that or go to Ohana, Spoodles, LeCellier, Rose and Crown, anything different over the Luau???? So confused.

thanks!
K

Thats a tough one...I guess the Luau is fun because it is not something you do all the time but neither is a place like Ohana and the food was sooo good there.

Le Cellier is ok but nothing that is a must do, I would pick Ohana over that and Rose and Crown because I dont like the menu. We are trying Spoodles again a week from tonight so I will let ya know how good it is!

Thank you honey! Knowing how much "entertainment" we get at the parks, I'm leaning towards seeing if we can do Ohana instead then. We'll be at WL so getting there will be easy. Can't wait to hear what you think of Spoodles! Your taste in food sounds very similar to mine! lol

Thanks again for the great reviews. I have been waiting for the O'Hana's review for a long time. We had it booked in March and cancelled it the last minute do to ALL the really bad reviews on it. Your review and pictures look awesome and very tempting. I have some concerns. 1. I had heard the meat is alot of the times very rare and hardly cooked. By your pictures the meat looked very well done:) , that is a good thing! Did you get any meat that was rare and bloody? See this would ruin my dinner completely!!! 2. I read in your case you were not rushed at all! Every review I have read, people are still eating and being rushed out the door??? I have never been to OHana's so I as well can't compare to the old menu. Your pictures are very well done and the food all looks very good. Depending on your answers I might try again for O'Hana's in March thanks to your pictures and GREAT review. Thanks again

Your review and pictures look awesome and very tempting. I have some concerns. 1. I had heard the meat is alot of the times very rare and hardly cooked. By your pictures the meat looked very well done:) , that is a good thing! Did you get any meat that was rare and bloody? See this would ruin my dinner completely!!! 2. I read in your case you were not rushed at all! Every review I have read, people are still eating and being rushed out the door??? I have never been to OHana's so I as well can't compare to the old menu. Your pictures are very well done and the food all looks very good. Depending on your answers I might try again for O'Hana's in March thanks to your pictures and GREAT review. Thanks again

Hi there! Such a shame that you cancelled it, Ohana was one of the best meals we ever had at WDW.

Our meats came perfectly cooked. I like my beef medium and DH loves it well done, our server was able to accommodate both of us....I did not see any very rare or med rare pieces at all. The pork and turkey were both cooked perfect, not tough or dry at all.

I would not say that the food was pushed to us all at once, everything was spaced out just right with the bread the minute we sat down ( the hostess picks it up and seats you with it), the salad was delivered after the server asked us what drinks you and, the wings and potstickers shortly thereafter them the meats and lastly the shrimp and then the best, dessert. Our server encouraged us to take our time and enjoy everything.

I say go for it and have a fantastic time!

Well Nicki we are back from our trip. Thanks for all your info on the food and such for the parks! Everything went off without a hitch. Ok that is a blatent lie but we still had a blast. We ended up cancelling a few of our adrs and picking up a few others. We ended up not doing Boma because Josh just did not want to go there. But overall it was a great holiday!
You had asked about the weather, OMG it was HOT! We melted I swear! And being from South Carolina we are used to heat. But wow!
Good luck staying cool and drink lots of water this weekend!

Thanks for the reply. I showed my DH the food pictures and he was drooling!!! I think we are going to try it in March. Wish me luck!!!

Well Nicki we are back from our trip. Thanks for all your info on the food and such for the parks! Everything went off without a hitch. Ok that is a blatent lie but we still had a blast. We ended up cancelling a few of our adrs and picking up a few others. We ended up not doing Boma because Josh just did not want to go there. But overall it was a great holiday!
You had asked about the weather, OMG it was HOT! We melted I swear! And being from South Carolina we are used to heat. But wow!
Good luck staying cool and drink lots of water this weekend!

Glad you had so much fun! We are headed there Friday morning and I am sure we are going to be very hot too!

Thanks for the reply. I showed my DH the food pictures and he was drooling!!! I think we are going to try it in March. Wish me luck!!!

Good luck! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

My kids and I just caught your reviews. I showed them your pictures of the Boma breakfast buffet and they were convinced that they want to go! I'm so excited! They hate to try anything different but your photos convinced them that it was worth a try.
Wonderful pictures and reviews. Thank you!

My kids and I just caught your reviews. I showed them your pictures of the Boma breakfast buffet and they were convinced that they want to go! I'm so excited! They hate to try anything different but your photos convinced them that it was worth a try.
Wonderful pictures and reviews. Thank you!

Glad it helped! DH didnt want to try it for the longest time, he too does not do well with change, but he loved it! We are going back to Boma this Sunday and cannot wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter