Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!!

Did you happen to any info on the Wave restaurant that is about to open at the Contemporary?

Sorry no, we never made it over to the CR to check out the new gift shop or anything

The reviews are great but now I want to change my ADR's! I am driving husband-to-be nutso with my mind changing. I just want our trip to be as perfect as possible! I'm really doubting Le Cellier now. I am just not as excited as I was to eat there, I was really looking forward to the mussels and now they are different.

I loved all of your reviews! Your pictures convinced DH to eat at O'hana (he didn't want to eat there for some reason). Many thanks!:)

The reviews are great but now I want to change my ADR's! I am driving husband-to-be nutso with my mind changing. I just want our trip to be as perfect as possible! I'm really doubting Le Cellier now. I am just not as excited as I was to eat there, I was really looking forward to the mussels and now they are different.

We ate at Le Cellier twice but the only thing that DH liked was the BBQ filet, now that it is gone and we went to the Yachtsman he wants to get his steak there from now on...give that one a try.

The steak (and the rest of the food) at Ohana was fantastic too

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. Sorry to read about your last day - a disappointing Breakfast and then the car damage!! Good luck with the car repairs.

Boma Breakfast and Yachtsman are now on my list. I have same question as Cass (a few pages ago). What type of sauce was on the meatballs from the Tangerine cafe? Was it sweet, spicy, similar to anything? Sorry if I missed your answer.

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. Sorry to read about your last day - a disappointing Breakfast and then the car damage!! Good luck with the car repairs.

Boma Breakfast and Yachtsman are now on my list. I have same question as Cass (a few pages ago). What type of sauce was on the meatballs from the Tangerine cafe? Was it sweet, spicy, similar to anything? Sorry if I missed your answer.

The meatballs are a regular meaty savory type of meatball...very good and tasty. Not spicy and not sweet. DH loves them and makes sure to get them on each trip. My favorite is now the falafel wrap, omigod it is wonderful and the other sides are to die for.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE your reviews and pics!! great job.

now i have to go re-work all my adrs for our september trip!!!

Hi MickeyNicki! :yay:

Um, you didn't answer my silly questions about the Yachtsman Steakhouse, so I'm going to copy and paste my questions here again for you! What a nuisance I am! :lmao:

We hope to go to Yachtsman Steakhouse next January when we go... But I have to ask, can you see the meat-cutting man while you're eating dinner?

I like eating filet steak, if it's really, really well done. If there's any pink, or if it's chewy at all, I can't eat anymore. So really, I just like eating meat if it doesn't look or taste like meat. Hehee. If I had to sit and watch that dude cut into the raw meat, there's no way I could eat there.

Please tell me you don't have to look at him! I really want to go there and have those yummy desserts!!!

(And do you have to see the display of the raw meat, as well? I don't think I even want to see that! Eeeek!)

Anyway, did you get your No Way Jose!? Hope so!

That's all! :banana:

Hi MickeyNicki! :yay:

Um, you didn't answer my silly questions about the Yachtsman Steakhouse, so I'm going to copy and paste my questions here again for you! What a nuisance I am! :lmao:

We hope to go to Yachtsman Steakhouse next January when we go... But I have to ask, can you see the meat-cutting man while you're eating dinner?

I like eating filet steak, if it's really, really well done. If there's any pink, or if it's chewy at all, I can't eat anymore. So really, I just like eating meat if it doesn't look or taste like meat. Hehee. If I had to sit and watch that dude cut into the raw meat, there's no way I could eat there.

Please tell me you don't have to look at him! I really want to go there and have those yummy desserts!!!

(And do you have to see the display of the raw meat, as well? I don't think I even want to see that! Eeeek!)

Anyway, did you get your No Way Jose!? Hope so!

That's all! :banana:

I am so sorry AussieAngel! What a dope I am!

When you enter the Yachtsman there is the podium to the right and a little alcove to the left so you can walk to the bar. That is where they have the steaks lined up for you so see. In front of that there is a glass window that the butcher stands in front of, you can see him cutting the steaks. There are huge slabs of beef hanging from the ceiling and large rolling carts with trays of beef. You can see this if you are in the bar or standing in the alcove, you cannot see it anywhere else. When you are seated in the dining room you cannot see him.

The beef was fantastic, I like my steaks medium but the filet was medium rare in the middle and it was cold so I could not eat it, DH could not look at it so I had to cover it with the rest of my mashed potatoes!

Sadly I did not get my No Way Jose, I am still very upset about it :headache: but that is ok because we shared the chocolate lava cake and it was fantastic. I guess I will have to get 2 NWJ sundaes the next time!

Enjoy your dinner at the Yachtman and make sure to pig out on the bread!

Thanks Nicki, for your reply to my questions about Yachtsman Steakhouse! I'm very relieved you don't have to watch the butcher hack up the meat while you're eating! Heheee. Those bread rolls do look fabulous... yum! :thumbsup2

And you're not a dope! You thread is massive and very popular - it's easy to miss a message now and then!

Bummer about missing out on your No Way Jose... Definitely next time then! :banana:

What an awesome dining review! How awesome is it that you were able to update it every night of your trip with your great photos! Thanks!!

Where else can you get chocolate lava cake???:surfweb:

I think Kona has something similar but the cake is a chocolate chip cookie kind of cake. And I remember reading about Ohana having something similar

Wow I must say, your reviews are fantastic!! I was on the fence about the breakfast at Boma, but now you have convinced me to try it. At first we were just going to go there for convenience since we will be staying at AKL, but now I'm going to book it for our Oct trip :woohoo:. I also really want to try the tea at GF. All those pastry pictures made me so hungry!!

I just realized our trips overlaped and we were at Disney at the same time. We were there from April 3 - 6 and we are going back from Oct 15-26 for our wedding! Maybe we will see you at AKL!

Wow I must say, your reviews are fantastic!! I was on the fence about the breakfast at Boma, but now you have convinced me to try it. At first we were just going to go there for convenience since we will be staying at AKL, but now I'm going to book it for our Oct trip :woohoo:. I also really want to try the tea at GF. All those pastry pictures made me so hungry!!

I just realized our trips overlaped and we were at Disney at the same time. We were there from April 3 - 6 and we are going back from Oct 15-26 for our wedding! Maybe we will see you at AKL!

You will absolutely LOVE Boma and the GF tea, both are fantastic and we are going to do both in Oct.

Maybe we will see you there? Hope so! I will have my lime green on!

I tried to PM you after your post on a JIKO review. If you decide to go, be sure and order the appetizer sampler platter. It's not on the menu but always available. It had the maize and sweet potato tamales, the lamb patis , lentil pastilla, fire roasted shrimp. AMAZING!!!!

I tried to PM you after your post on a JIKO review. If you decide to go, be sure and order the appetizer sampler platter. It's not on the menu but always available. It had the maize and sweet potato tamales, the lamb patis , lentil pastilla, fire roasted shrimp. AMAZING!!!!

You are so sweet, my mouth is all worked up for that now!

Here ya go:

WDW2007065.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter