Live from Kidani! Now with lots of Pictures 6/14!

Just a quick update on how our stay is going.

Our stay has been awesome. We had reservations at Sanaa tonight and I must say it's been one of our best reservations. The portions are small but it's very nice to have normal sized portions and not feel overstuffed but satisfied when leaving a restaurant. My children loved the kiid options. My only complaint is the no counter service. I really really hope they rethink this option. However it wouldn't stop me from staying here. We just returned from Jambo house and the walk took maybe 10 minutes and pending where you stay in the resort it could much closer.

Our room is on the left side of the lobby. We have had many animals out for our viewing. It seems the best time to view the animals are between 4-6. We also had good view of the animals from Sanaa.

Parks are hot hot hot... but it's June. Tomorrow Magic Kingdom. I can't believe it's our 4th day and we still haven't been to MK... Early morning tomorrow.

I promise to post pictures when I get home to download them..

Thanks for all of the reporting and sharing your vacation with us. We will be at Kidani in a week! We have a 2 br standard view, so I know it won't be a great view, but I am hoping for the best.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

We had a standard view and we didn't think it was a horrible one.

a%3E

a%3E
P6050081.jpg

P6050080.jpg

a%3E

standard view looks very nice. Have a great trip and thanks for reporting.

To be honest I think the standard view would be better at Jambo because you would have a chance at pool view. I don't think the standard view at Kidani is a good view at all.

I totally agree. We just got back from a 3 night standard view studio at Kidani and I truly didn't like the view. It appears to me that all standard views will have traffic noise. We were in room 7915 (5th floor); if you are facing the savanna, we were in the left wing which is only opened by 2 segments. I could hear the Magical Express and Disney Cruise bus that pulled up directly to the porte cochere, as well as the box truck carrying baggage to and from the airport. I could also hear the vibration from the buses that would take people to and from the parks when it pulled away from the stop sign from the bus stop. And this was even with my fan going for white noise. I then studied the area :) and realize that it appears all standard views will hear the buses because throughout the resort there are stop signs for all vehicles within the parking areas. Have you ever heard a bus pull away from a stop sign. :scared1: :laughing:

I have always been about saving points - but no longer at the AKV. Savanna view or forget it. :headache: My fault. :rolleyes1

Was just at Kidani from June 5-9 in a Standard View 1BR. We were in 7211...lobby floor, right near an exit that led right to the buses.

I have to say I didn't really notice any noise at all. I'm a fairly light sleeper. But we didn't spend much time on the balcony with it being a shorter stay.

If you are trying to save points, I wouldn't let Kidani Std View turn you away.

It was great to try out Kidani, but it's not my family's favorite. I don't need the 11 month window here.

Someone asked about the pool and their older kids enjoying it. I have a 13 yr old and 12 yr old. They liked the pool. They don't like it over SAB, but they had a good time swimming there and playing in the water play area.

I totally agree. We just got back from a 3 night standard view studio at Kidani and I truly didn't like the view. It appears to me that all standard views will have traffic noise. We were in room 7915 (5th floor); if you are facing the savanna, we were in the left wing which is only opened by 2 segments. I could hear the Magical Express and Disney Cruise bus that pulled up directly to the porte cochere, as well as the box truck carrying baggage to and from the airport. I could also hear the vibration from the buses that would take people to and from the parks when it pulled away from the stop sign from the bus stop. And this was even with my fan going for white noise. I then studied the area :) and realize that it appears all standard views will hear the buses because throughout the resort there are stop signs for all vehicles within the parking areas. Have you ever heard a bus pull away from a stop sign. :scared1: :laughing:

I have always been about saving points - but no longer at the AKV. Savanna view or forget it. :headache: My fault. :rolleyes1

Interesting..........when did you check in and out?

I think the view conversations are very interesting.

We are going to Kidani in September (first DVC trip) and to save some points, we booked a standard view studio (just 2 of us). The thought process we used regarding the view was how often do I sit and look at the animals? It's still really hot in September and after being in the heat all day at the parks, we probably wouldn't sit for very long on the balcony and watch the animals, in the heat. Additionally, there are many other options for seeing the animals at the various observation locations through both resorts.

Having said that, I am now a bit concerned regarding the noise level. I've been reading the various posts and it seems mixed reviews as to whether you can hear them or not. I guess, as with mostly everything, it's really an individual thing. I am interested to see how we make out with this issue.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's opinion and have learned so much from this discussion board! You all are so knowledgable and I feel confident in your shared information! Thanks!!:banana:

We also enjoyed Kidani 5/23-5/29. Cast members were so enthusiastic about the resort. It was wonderful. So peaceful. We are so glad it's one of our home resorts.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy it!

Cyndi

Concerned about noise..Actually, most hotels/resorts have noise issues and I've never had a problem not getting a request if I know in advance "what to request"..

There must be some "quiet" rooms standard studio????????????Anyone?:

Thanks a bunch for input!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am a light sleeper and I didn't notice anything. However, we weren't having air conditioning issues and I know if I am hot I don't sleep well. I may have noticed the road noise then.........:confused3

I am a light sleeper and I didn't notice anything. However, we weren't having air conditioning issues and I know if I am hot I don't sleep well. I may have noticed the road noise then.........:confused3

I seem to be creating possibly undue stress for some people about the traffic noise with a Kidani standard. And I think the comment you made about my air conditioning issue has alot of merit. I will try to go quietly into the night now. :laughing:

I think we all have the jitters!! Kidani is a new place that not many of us have experienced. It always go back to personal choice.

I will say we worried about the noise levels through the walls. I read the screaming through the hallways thread while we were in Disney and I thought........is that us? It is all good.

It is nice chatting with a fellow Oklahoman. It seems like we are a rarity around here............

After reading some of the reviews I was already to switch my reservation to Jambo. But since we bought in Jan I have been so excited to stay at Kidani. We got to briefly see it in May. We are now adding a 5th night to a reservation before our Magic cruise. In Jambo we would have a pool view and the Mara. Am I really going to sit out there for an extended time? Well No? We bought into DVC so we would not eat all our meals at the parks. So we will do breakfast in the studio. I really do wish they had a QS but for us we can bring items for breakfast. There is a nice Publix in Ocala we stop at. But for people with small kids I would think the QS would be better. We do plan to use Jambo too but can't wait to go to Kidani! We have been to WDW a lot so there are days when we just go for a few hours. In April we just relaxed at Jambo and did the pool and hot tub. We plan to do that in Oct our first day and eat at Jambo at Boma.
Lexi

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very glad you had such a GREAT KIDANI STAY!!!!!!! Can't wait till spring2010!!!!!!!!!!! After a long cold winter, will be more than
READY!!!!!!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

We will be at Kidani Village in late October. We can't wait. I drove over on our last vacation to see all the construction and walk through the main building of AKV. Beautiful.

We also went with Standard Views as we are usually only in the room to sleep. It would be great to wake up in the morning and look out over the Savannah - but for now - we are just excited about staying there.

Reading all the posts, and everything sounds great so far. Thanks for the Pictures, and keep reporting back to all those going!

Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter