Live actors cut from ROL

Easily my least favorite nighttime show. How's it doing crowd wise these days?

Well the only time I watched it, there were a total of 12 people in the audience. But I think it's usually pulling a decent crowd. I wasn't a huge fan either, but the soundtrack was neat.

There's only what? 4 live actors in this? I thought their silhouettes on the boat sails were fascinating and an important part of the show. I guess not?

I actually love the soundtrack for this show, but I found the visuals to be underwhelming overall. Considering World of Color, they could do better.

The same article that mentions cutting the live actors also says:

"The live actors will be removed from the show after September 29th, this year’s last day for many pieces of entertainment around Walt Disney World that are being hit with budgetary cuts"

Does anyone have details on these other cuts?

I don't think these CMs added much to the show, so I see this is a good trade off for whatever they're doing with the money instead (including bumping up my dividend).

I dont think the show is Bad... its just not as good as the others... It builds and builds to nothing... It needs to be overhauled. Lots of the pieces are there: The "firefly" effect... the projections on the tree (The TOL awakenings are awesome) The water screens are neat but shouldn't be the central focus, and the gps animal barges and ships are awesome... The show just lacks clear narrative qualities and giving an emotional tie in. The actors were interesting but didnt really add to the show... I know they cant do fireworks because of the animals but they need another way to reward the anticipation that builds throughout that show.

"The live actors will be removed from the show after September 29th, this year’s last day for many pieces of entertainment around Walt Disney World that are being hit with budgetary cuts"

Many of them have already been announced.

They should just put up a big screen and show a video of the show. :sad2:

This is punishment for people not flocking to Toy Story Land.

My DW and I were at WDW 9/7-9/11, and TSL was packed every time we went to DHS. Aside from the MNSSHP it was the busiest location for us on property. I think it's doing just fine.

Well, we know of some of the citizens of Hollywood being cut and the character meets and other things associated with Rafiki’s Planet Watch closing

My DW and I were at WDW 9/7-9/11, and TSL was packed every time we went to DHS. Aside from the MNSSHP it was the busiest location for us on property. I think it's doing just fine.
We were there 9/11, got three same day FPP to toy story mania and A.S.S. was only a 20 minute wait all day. Much different than other new areas.

Easily my least favorite nighttime show. How's it doing crowd wise these days?
I know this is slow season, but last week you could get a FPP all the way up to show time. We didn't go, so I'm not sure how many were actually there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts