Live Action Snow White - too far a departure from the original?

I think her career is pretty much over already. Just like Emma Watson, she fit a particular part perfectly (West Side Story). Any other efforts have shown that neither of them have any particularly great acting talent.
In Watson's case she capitalized on her situation and did well. In Zegler's case she got arrogant and is already headed for the D list.

It’s just Ben Shapiro capitalizing on all the people that hate the idea of changing the iconic Snow White animated film to a more modern interpretation.

It’s just Ben Shapiro capitalizing on all the people that hate the idea of changing the iconic Snow White animated film to a more modern interpretation.
I had to look up this person. Is he going to play the prince, lol? Anyway, it's going to be a hard pass for both his version and Disney's adaptation.

It will be part of the larger offering that was just released on a new streaming service for children. I have to say, I have sampled some of the content on this new platform and it’s pretty solid. I’m excited to see what the future holds.

He runs the company. He started this entertainment company as an alternative for people fed up with the agenda driven storytelling occurring at most other entertainment companies.

He is just a business man trying to fill a void when companies like Disney are losing the trust of many traditional nuclear families. If there is a need a company will swoop in and try and fill it. That is all Shapiro is doing imho.

I had to look up this person. Is he going to play the prince, lol? Anyway, it's going to be a hard pass for both his version and Disney's adaptation.
Shapiro would be perfect as one of the Kakamora coconuts in the upcoming live-action Moana.

"Rawr! Facts don't care about your feelings! Blargh!"
moana-coconuts-e1481081116755.jpg

Is this a joke? Replacing an unattractive actress with someone even less attractive.
It's 2023. I thought we were over talking about people's looks and being critical of girls for no reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way either of these girls look.

Snow White looks malicious. I fear for the safety of the animals in the same scene with her.
Seriously? This is one of the most immature things I have read in a long time.

Interesting take.
You must know that only pretty people can be good, right? Since the PP finds this girl unattractive, she must be evil. :rolleyes2

It's 2023. I thought we were over talking about people's looks and being critical of girls for no reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way either of these girls look.

Seriously? This is one of the most immature things I have read in a long time.

You must know that only pretty people can be good, right? Since the PP finds this girl unattractive, she must be evil. :rolleyes2
Oy, it's an outrage when a half-Latina is not light enough to play the role, but it's unacceptable that I and I alone find both these girls short of being "the fairest of them all".

There's nothing wrong with the second actress, whoever she is. I just find her more suitable in a role of the assistant huntress.

Ziegler comes across as a spoiled brat that doesn’t respect the pioneering women and men of film that came before her. Taking shots at a film that was essentially the dawn Disney cinema is just not a very intelligent move if you want Disney fans to be a fan of yours. I just think she needed a good mentor telling her how to present yourself in the public eye. Your reputation and public perception is incredibly important in the entertainment business. There are modern actresses that have hired big money firms to help rehabilitate their images after they had interviews / awards speeches that were not well received.

Snow white is my #1 princess but as a princess/movie and except for being the first movie from disney, she and the movie are kind of irrelevant in 2023 and have been for years even from the company itself, which is part of the reason why people are having a reaction too a live action film almost 90 years later is super dumb, well I guess it isn't after the reaction we saw to a mermaid.

and its Zegler*

Ziegler comes across as a spoiled brat that doesn’t respect the pioneering women and men of film that came before her. Taking shots at a film that was essentially the dawn Disney cinema is just not a very intelligent move if you want Disney fans to be a fan of yours. I just think she needed a good mentor telling her how to present yourself in the public eye. Your reputation and public perception is incredibly important in the entertainment business. There are modern actresses that have hired big money firms to help rehabilitate their images after they had interviews / awards speeches that were not well received.
I'm so glad there making a better version of Snow White. I would never see the Ziegler version. Watching her talk about the movie and say how the prince stalked Snow White was disgusting. Still trying to see where he stalks her but whatever. And she is a spoiled brat 100%

I'm so glad there making a better version of Snow White. I would never see the Ziegler version. Watching her talk about the movie and say how the prince stalked Snow White was disgusting. Still trying to see where he stalks her but whatever. And she is a spoiled brat 100%

That is a sort of glib interpretation that haws been around for quite a while - it's not like she made it up or anything. It's one of those things that feels true, even though it's not. Certianly reinterpreting for today's sensibilities is not unreasonable. Aside from that, who cares what she thinks?

That is a sort of glib interpretation that haws been around for quite a while - it's not like she made it up or anything. It's one of those things that feels true, even though it's not. Certianly reinterpreting for today's sensibilities is not unreasonable. Aside from that, who cares what she thinks?
I think as long as the product is still developed you best try to talk about it as positive as you can. When you say the original work is poop, you basically say you are polishing a turd.

A decade or two ago, here in the Netherlands our big theater producer brought Disney's Beauty and the Beast to the theatres. We were the first country where Disney allowed producers to use their own set & costume design, direction, choreography etc. In several interviews the actors spoke about that their version would be more adult and darker. Heavily implying that what had been a success on Broadway for over 10 years, and a success around the world, had been a childish Disney-on-Ice type production. They were convinced they were going to do a better job.

In the end, how did they make it more darker? Mainly by turning off half the lights (lighting design was awful) 😉

This kind of negative talk influenced how I felt about the production in a bad way.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter