Little things different...

richmo

DIS Veteran
Some little things from my last trip (last week):
- I noticed the Peoplemover ramp wasn't working going up. It also wasn't working last time in March. Is it broken or did they run into problems with loading speed up top?
- Indiana Jones: The ball chasing Indy didn't come out at our show. I think that one was just a glitch. Also, the part of the chase on top of the buildings in Cairo where the ladder tips was omitted. Is that now always the case?
- Festival of the Lion King: At an early showing a week ago last Thursday, the entire "tumblemonkey" segment was cut out. One time thing?
- Kilimanjaro Safari: I never saw so many giraffes as this time! Also, the "broken bridge" didn't work.
- Spaceship Earth: The black and white TV with the moon landing scene was working again. In March, it wasn't.
- Test Track: Just one time, they were loading the single riders on the "driver's" side of the vehicle. I thought it might be so the pictures would come out better for the groups, but it was a one time thing.
- Haunted Mansion: Rode it a couple times and the second time the ride seemed to move noticeably faster than I'm used to. Do they do that to move the line along sometimes?

I noticed the Peoplemover ramp wasn't working going up. It also wasn't working last time in March. Is it broken or did they run into problems with loading speed up top?

I haven't seen it working in awhile but I've also seen lines daily. I just assumed it was a safety thing to be able to keep people moving without a pile up at the top if people are coming faster than they can load.

- Indiana Jones: The ball chasing Indy didn't come out at our show. I think that one was just a glitch. Also, the part of the chase on top of the buildings in Cairo where the ladder tips was omitted. Is that now always the case?
glitch.

- Festival of the Lion King: At an early showing a week ago last Thursday, the entire "tumblemonkey" segment was cut out. One time thing?
I saw a news story not long ago of someone getting hurt. It's probably a change while they re-evaluate it or don't have the performers to do it all the time. It might also be a shortening of the show expecting more crowds with pandora. I think its 90% because someone got hurt but no clue if it's temporary or not.

Haunted Mansion: Rode it a couple times and the second time the ride seemed to move noticeably faster than I'm used to. Do they do that to move the line along sometimes?

It has a variable speed as do most of the rides. They will speed it up for long longs to get more through it faster but they will also adjust if someone needs more time to get on or off in an attempt to not stop the ride.. Pirates is a good example of this where they will speed up the water for longer lines but when you go on a night like after hours, it's a longer, slower, lines up better with the audio experience.. sometimes it's moving to fast to see some of the little effects and you hear about it after passing where it happens instead of as you approach it as designed.

- Kilimanjaro Safari: I never saw so many giraffes as this time! Also, the "broken bridge" didn't work.
The "broken" bridge is actually based on speed. if the bus drives too fast the bridge won't do the broken effect. This is intentional so the CM can skip that segment if the ride is running long. Perhaps your driver went a bit too fast.

We just got back from being at Disney and the tumblemonkeys were a part of the show. The bridge also was working multiple times on our safaris.

Indy: just some bad luck and stuff not working properly for the show you saw. Both the ball and ladder are still in it

Lion King: a week or 2 ago Timon was hurt during a performance and it cut the show short. You likely saw the show when either Timon was injured or a tumble monkey had to call out of work and they couldn't get a replacement. Saw it last week and tumble monkeys were performing.

Safari: like another pointed out, it's triggered by the speed. If it's a super long standby or an animal or back up has happened prior then the driver won't take the time for that effect to go through.

Haunted Mansion: I've never felt the doombuggy going any faster than normal or heard about it.

Never knew these things about the bridge. We've gone through the safari many times but only experienced the bridge working once. I've thought it was broken or taken out of service since 2001

Never knew these things about the bridge. We've gone through the safari many times but only experienced the bridge working once. I've thought it was broken or taken out of service since 2001
I've done the safari 3 times and only once experienced the bridge.

The tumblemokeys were not tumbling at the first show on May 11 or May 14, although all four of them were present. The bird did not fly during the May 14 show, either.

We were there in March:

• Peoplemover Ramp going up was off
  • The giant rock in the Indy show did not come down
  • Before one of the tumble monkeys got hurt so they were part of the show for us
  • Had the rickety bridge experience on Kilimanjaro Safari

The tumblemokeys were not tumbling at the first show on May 11 or May 14, although all four of them were present....

I did notice that there were only 3 tumblemonkeys during the show I referenced above. Thought that didn't look right and that would explain why that was cut out...

A really chatty CM told us this weekend that they prefer the conveyor to be off when it's busy for the reason Accident mentioned. It stops the potential pile up at the top when people are arriving faster than they can empty out the loading area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter