Little People, Big World Wedding Farm-The Roloffs

Wow, had to dig this up.

I guess I am not surprised Matt and Amy separated. Then again, I Just noticed another set of shows starting at the end of March. They probably didn't want to start the show by showing them separated. I really thought Amy was trying a lot harder to spend time with Matt and I think Matt did not like it one bit. Matt never wanted Amy's advice about anything and I think it got worse when Matt got his assistance. I remember once the assistance talking down to Amy and I thought right away, Oh, this isn't going to be good. After that you never saw Matt's assistant on tv, or her hardly saying anything. They always say there is two sides to every story.

Wow, had to dig this up. I guess I am not surprised Matt and Amy separated. Then again, I Just noticed another set of shows starting at the end of March. They probably didn't want to start the show by showing them separated. I really thought Amy was trying a lot harder to spend time with Matt and I think Matt did not like it one bit. Matt never wanted Amy's advice about anything and I think it got worse when Matt got his assistance. I remember once the assistance talking down to Amy and I thought right away, Oh, this isn't going to be good. After that you never saw Matt's assistant on tv, or her hardly saying anything. They always say there is two sides to every story.

Did you see that Jeremy just got engaged?

Did you see that Jeremy just got engaged?

I thought it a bit odd that Jeremy announced his engagement while Amy was out traveling. You would think he would want to make it an all family event. I love this show but something is definitely not right here.

I did not know they were still filming.

They stopped the show last year, right before Pumpkin Season. So you know TLC was around for that and it probably ended before Thanksgiving. I think that is why they announced the separation. I have a feeling they are going to have some big vow renewal in the barn. Didn't Amy want one, or did I miss that episode.

They stopped the show last year, right before Pumpkin Season. So you know TLC was around for that and it probably ended before Thanksgiving. I think that is why they announced the separation. I have a feeling they are going to have some big vow renewal in the barn. Didn't Amy want one, or did I miss that episode.

I didn't even know they were separated...:sad1:

I didn't even know they were separated...:sad1:

From what I understand they separated right after Thanksgiving. Matt decided to move into the wedding cottage. Amy stated in People magazine that she was saddened by it and that it was his idea to live separately. So sad. I hope they can mend things.

I always liked the family hopefully they can work things out Before you revived the thread someone made mention of the dog Rocky and that he was " ancient" so I got curious as I do remember the face getting grayer and grayer

Apparently he passed away at age 13 Good long life for that breed Hard just the same for the family

http://spiritswander.blogspot.com/2013/06/roloff-family-dog-rocky-passes-away.html

Looking forward to seeing the show again

Oh geez, I hope not. That seems to be the kiss of death in these shows.

I always liked the family hopefully they can work things out Before you revived the thread someone made mention of the dog Rocky and that he was " ancient" so I got curious as I do remember the face getting grayer and grayer

Apparently he passed away at age 13 Good long life for that breed Hard just the same for the family

http://spiritswander.blogspot.com/2013/06/roloff-family-dog-rocky-passes-away.html

Looking forward to seeing the show again

They actually covered the loss of Rocky in one of the episodes last season.

I missed it thanks mom2rtk in a way I'm glad I did, have a few older ones here myself tough thing to handle

It was really sad, so probably good that you missed it. :worried: I've been watching the Roloffs so long that it felt like I had lost a member of my own family.

From what I understand they separated right after Thanksgiving. Matt decided to move into the wedding cottage. Amy stated in People magazine that she was saddened by it and that it was his idea to live separately. So sad. I hope they can mend things.

I feel as though Amy has been trying, but like all reality shows, TLC does the editing, and they only let you see what they want you to see. But, I think Matt has moved on-I read on another web site, that Matt feels he is sort of a Casanova and I think he has someone in the wings. This was his way of getting away from Amy and not having to answer to her. Show starts this week on Tuesday, March 25th 8:00 p.m.

I feel as though Amy has been trying, but like all reality shows, TLC does the editing, and they only let you see what they want you to see. But, I think Matt has moved on-I read on another web site, that Matt feels he is sort of a Casanova and I think he has someone in the wings. This was his way of getting away from Amy and not having to answer to her. Show starts this week on Tuesday, March 25th 8:00 p.m.

I've been watching this show for years. And now I'm not sure I can keep watching. :sad1:

Did anyone watch this week? I thought it was very sad, obviously the kids felt tense around the parents and Amy really didn't seem to want Matt in the house. It looked like he had a designer come in and furnish/decorate the temporary house he's living in, though, it was so nice and clean!

I wonder why Amy said she hasn't always been super close to her daughter (daddy's little girl?)? And why Matt's parents said they rarely saw the family?

Terri

Did anyone watch this week? I thought it was very sad, obviously the kids felt tense around the parents and Amy really didn't seem to want Matt in the house. It looked like he had a designer come in and furnish/decorate the temporary house he's living in, though, it was so nice and clean!

I wonder why Amy said she hasn't always been super close to her daughter (daddy's little girl?)? And why Matt's parents said they rarely saw the family?

Terri

Wow, what a jam packed show.

Matt's parents-sounds like they moved to a warmer climate-they do not live in Oregon.

The kids-Zach told everyone that he liked hanging out in Matt's house, yet he ripped on Matt, when Matt wanted to know were the drinks were. Amy did say she would make sure they had soda and drinks. But maybe she got miffed when Matt tried to show her the Pin Interest Page on what a cake should look like. And yet again, Matt wanted the big New Years Eve party and had all the plans, and did not help in any way. Yes he has limitations, but he also has big expectations and wants to see his plans carried out for gratification.

Amy-Molly-I think it was just more of a statement. We all wish we would of done things differently. I'm sure Amy had to work in the daycare and one day she realized, darn her kids were grown. Jacob is the one that I would be worried about.

I haven't watched in years (has it been on?) but I happened to catch one episode the last night. It was horrible. You can actually see their marriage dissolving. They're both so bitter. Amy is hiding it better and I think she's trying to be the bigger person. But Matt was awful. I googled while I was watching and found that they've officially separated. Guess farther separation than Matt living next door.

I too was saddened by the episode last night. It doesn't look good for Matt and Amy's marriage.

Matt and Amy are both so strong willed. It seems to me as if she's done a lot of giving in the marriage with his dreaming and is tired of it. While a messy home would bother me, Matt could lighten up a bit on the house cleaning or tidy up himself. She could stop being so critical of him, too. So there is fault in both places.

The last time I saw an episode of the show, the wedding suite was a trailer. I guess they've since added the prefab home. It's a nice little place.

It was good to see Matt's parents again, although, I thought they had aged since the last time they were on. His dad looks different without his moustache and Matt looks a lot like his dad and Jacob a lot like the younger pictures of Matt. I googled and it looks as though they now live in California. They seemed to be upset that Matt and Amy are separated.

I was glad to see the kids hanging out together at Zach's place. I guess he does ok with his job at indoor goals and around the farm. I think Jeremy and Molly will be ok. But I wonder about Zach and Jacob.

This really saddens me as what they are teaching the kids. Matt and Amy want the money from filming, but no interest in working on their marriage. I will not be watching. I will probably get flamed for saying this, but this is how I view this.:sad2:

This really saddens me as what they are teaching the kids. Matt and Amy want the money from filming, but no interest in working on their marriage. I will not be watching. I will probably get flamed for saying this, but this is how I view this.:sad2:

No flames. I totally get how you feel.

I just watched it today. And I'm left feeling pretty sad about the whole thing. I've been watching for years and I can't believe where it has gone. They need to let the show go and work on their marriage and family. I really worry about Jacob. It seems quite apparent that he has withdrawn from the show quite a it. I have often wondered what was going on with him.

At times it really has seemed like Matt and Amy were just really mismatched. He wants to just go go go and she wants to nest and pull back. I wonder if they didn't have their disability in common if they would have been as drawn to each other.

The show on Tuesday was just a one time show, like a catch up. I think they wanted to show Amy and Matt separation. Strange that it first was announced 2 weeks ago and it happened after Thanksgiving. Right now, there are no other shows. 19 Kids and Counting starts next week Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter