Little People, Big World Wedding Farm-The Roloffs

OhMari

WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
Anyone watching?

My son worked out in Portland Oregon last year and I made him go visit the farm during Pumpkin Season. He said the farm is in a suburb of Portland and surrounded by very rich houses. He saw Matt on his Razor driving around. He said the house is pretty far away from the barn and the pumkin activities, plus you could not see the house from the road.

Anyways, I was totally surprised that the family is filming again. The show has been on 3 weeks. It sounds like Matt was friends with the neighbor farm and when they were ready to sell, Matt bought the land/farm next door. Matt had big dreams again and must have ran out of money to get the land ready for weddings. It surprises me that every wedding they do, they have to do a big project to accommodate the bride and groom. This is why I think they allowed TLC to film again-to generate some revenue for their new project.

Matt and Amy were fighting once again in the first show, but things seem to be a tad better.

Actually, maybe I'm a country gal, but I think it's a beautiful setting, and the two they've had there so far seem very nice (well, except for the portapots!).

It does seem, though, as if Matt and Amy are one step away from ripping each other's throats out on camera. I don't blame the older kids for wanting to go off to college and get away from their parents. If they fight like that on camera, can you imagine what they do off?

I LOVE their house (would love to see the design plan!) and can't believe that the dog is still alive, he must be ancient!

Terri

I wonder if Matt's assistance has a job yet?
She rolled her eyes at Amy in the first episode.
That would of been it for me.

I don't blame the older kids for wanting to go off to college and get away from their parents.

Wow - really? I take it you think going AWAY to school is somehow abnormal?

The kids seem happy and well-rounded, ready to go off on their own lives - wherever they may lead.

Wow - really? I take it you think going AWAY to school is somehow abnormal?

The kids seem happy and well-rounded, ready to go off on their own lives - wherever they may lead.

I absolutely do NOT think that going away to school is abnormal!

However it has to be tough on those kids to see their parents bickering and fighting the way that they do (assuming it's not all put on for the cameras, which you never know with reality shows, I fully admit).

I adore the kids, the farm, and don't mind either of the parents separately, but think it's sad how unhappy it seems when they have to be/work together. I know that's what is edited for us to see, as viewers, so hopefully it's not really that bad...

Terri

I've been watching. Yes Yoopermom I can't believe about the dog either. I remember a few seasons ago he was near death (or so I thought).

I'm not very country, but I think they venue is beautiful. They seem to bicker and fuss at each other as their communication style. I couldn't stand to live like that, but it works for them. Glad to see them back! I'll take them over Honey Boo-Boo any ole day of the week ("and I did watch Honey Boo-Boo)

On yesterday's episode they seemed to show less bickering and actually some positive interaction between Matt and Amy. He with her charity event and then she almost complimented him at the end when they were reflecting on the wedding.

By the way, the purple gown she wore for the charity event was beautiful on her. I think that's her color.

I love their family. I don't like how Amy treats Matt, I feel so sad for him sometimes. At the beginning, I was wondering if he was living in his office building by himself? I also noticed that they're both not wearing any wedding rings. Love these weddings!

I have been watching too. I think it is a cool idea fir them and I hope it continues to work out. They sure need a rain shelter tho!

I haven't watched the show in forever but Matt is pretty active on facebook if anyone is interested. :)

They need to put their foot down about the tent rental. If a bride/groom want to risk it, it still ends up being THEIR business that looks bad.

I loved how Amy looked at her party, and she really did seem overwhelmed with emotion at it :love:.

I was a bit cynical, though, about the whole "neighbors complaining about the noise so we have to shut the whole thing down" bit, though. I don't care how far out in the country you are, there are noise ordinances, and they must have to have some kind of a license to even have events there that carries its own set of rules. Maybe the neighbors just don't like having Roloffs for neighbors? (Wasn't there an episode a long time ago about them being "hounded" by local law enforcement over something to do with the pumpkin business?)

And DS says that he thinks they just keep getting a new bullmastiff every time one dies and just name it "Rocky" all over again!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter