Little ones on rides - # of people?

Gingerfun1

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

On the rides like Toy Story, Little Mermaid, Haunted House, etc. how many people can fit in the seats? On our last trip, it was myself, husband and toddler. Our next trip will be myself, husband, almost 3 year old and 18 month old.

Can anybody share how families sit together? I'll note we are average sized folks and had plenty of room when it was just 3 of us.

Thanks!

When our family got to 4 people, it was time to split up amongst the cars. One parent with each kid. Especially on rides with an interactive element, such as Toy Story Mania and Buzz, everyone wanted their own shooter. A notable exception is Peter Pan, you would likely all fit in one car. Brings back memories of our fist few trips, now days we have 6 kids and 2 parents to fit in all of these rides.

Hi all,

On the rides like Toy Story, Little Mermaid, Haunted House, etc. how many people can fit in the seats? On our last trip, it was myself, husband and toddler. Our next trip will be myself, husband, almost 3 year old and 18 month old.

Can anybody share how families sit together? I'll note we are average sized folks and had plenty of room when it was just 3 of us.

Thanks!
We'd do 2 and 2 in your situation. I think most of them only allow 3 anyways, but either way I'd want some space and to be comfortable.

We'd do 2 and 2 in your situation. I think most of them only allow 3 anyways, but either way I'd want some space and to be comfortable.
Thank you!
When our family got to 4 people, it was time to split up amongst the cars. One parent with each kid. Especially on rides with an interactive element, such as Toy Story Mania and Buzz, everyone wanted their own shooter. A notable exception is Peter Pan, you would likely all fit in one car. Brings back memories of our fist few trips, now days we have 6 kids and 2 parents to fit in all of these rides.
Thank you!

On our last trip it was myself, my husband, and our 3 year old and 1 year old. We always rode together (all 4 of us). In fact, there wasn't a single ride where we opted to split up or were asked to. If you all want a shooter on something like TSMM or Buzz, then you may want to consider going 2 and 2, but at that age the kiddos are small enough to both be in your lap so you all will fit in 1 ride vehicle if that's what you want.

Interesting! New here and did not expect that my family of three (two adults and a four year old) would be able to sit together. Is that true even for the smaller coasters? Barnstormer and SDD are probably the only two we'll attempt.

Interesting! New here and did not expect that my family of three (two adults and a four year old) would be able to sit together. Is that true even for the smaller coasters? Barnstormer and SDD are probably the only two we'll attempt.

You won't be able to do it on a coaster I don't think... I didn't take my littles on those; they weren't tall enough. But you will be able to ride HM, Peter Pan, Nemo, Ariel, etc. together.

No, you won’t be able to sit together on those rides. They only seat 2 in a row. One of the parents will have to sit in the row behind. (We are in the same boat...one kid. I made some new friends on SDD and 7DMT as he always wants to sit with Dad!)

No, you won’t be able to sit together on those rides. They only seat 2 in a row. One of the parents will have to sit in the row behind. (We are in the same boat...one kid. I made some new friends on SDD and 7DMT as he always wants to sit with Dad!)

Okay, good to know! Well that will only be 1-3 rides anyway depending on how he does on Barnstormer. I think we'll try that first. He really thinks he wants to go on SDD but we'll see when we get there. He's pretty nervous about most things in life, but oddly, less scared of rides than I would expect him to be. He's also very tall so he meets the height requirements for everything I've looked at. I think maybe once we get there we won't actually be going on too many rides, but I'm okay with that!

OP it depends on the ride but you can ride max 4 with 3 seated and one lap child on PP, Ariel, Nemo, haunted mansion, Pooh, I think figment, and boats like small world, Navi, and Donald are 4-5 people anyway so that’s easy. On Buzz or toy story you probably can all ride together (both kids on laps) but might want your own “blasters” anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter