Little Mermaid Show

lindym

Mouseketeer
Has any one heard about the Little Mermaid show at MGM? It was closed for a while due to gaps in the story line and i was wondering if anyone knew anything else about it?

I believe it was just closed for refurbishment and not for any changes to the overall show. I think it reopens in a week or two.

I believe it was just closed for refurbishment and not for any changes to the overall show.
That's what I read too, though when I read lindym's comments, I had a glimmer of hope that they would add 'Kiss the Girl' to the show...

Voyage of the Little Mermaid re-opened to Disney-MGM Studios' guests on February 26. Ariel now has a new scene with her father, Triton, which helps provide artistic "intention" into Part of Your World. Also added was a "practical tail" that gives more life to Ariel, and makes her more of an individual, as opposed to a Character stuck on a rock. Thre is also new lighting ... a new creative design that lets us know when we are "Under The Sea" or "up on land." Another aspect of this refresh was a motorization of the Ursula puppet. An artistic and technical upgrade to Ariel's grotto rock and transformation rock were part of this refresh, too.

:earsboy:

Thanks a lot for the info. We leave one week from Friday! I can't wait to see the new show!

My grandchildren and I saw the new Ariel show on Sat. It was great. Didn't even know it had been closed, but did notice the quality of the performance--Great. When I think of how disappointed my granddaughter would have been if it had been closed, I shudder.:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter