Little article on Haunted Mansion Holiday

OnWithTheShow

No Entangling Alliances
Haunted Mansion Holiday
John Calhoun

For the second year is a row, Disneyland's popular Haunted Mansion attraction has been transformed for the holiday season, encompassing Halloween through New Year's. From now until January 5, 2003, those who visit the creepy domicile will be greeted by an Audio-Animatronic Jack Skellington, hero of the 1993 animated film Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack has once again donned his "Sandy Claws" outfit, and the mansion itself has donned Yuletide Halloween Town drag.
The house undoubtedly has the most creative holiday decorations on its block: the exterior is festooned with hay stalks shaped like Christmas trees, a coffin sleigh, and hundreds of candles and sinister pumpkins. Inside, new portraits in the mansion's "stretching" room and hallway gallery feature seasonal themes, and the boarding area for the attraction's "Doom Buggies" contains 13 mysterious packages that will be unwrapped each week in Advent calendar style. Further on, dancing ghosts now cavort at a Christmas Ball, and whimsical items like a haunted gingerbread house and Santa cap-sporting jack-o-lanterns can be spotted.

"Haunted Mansion Holiday" is the brainchild of Steve Davison, a creative producer-director for Disneyland Resort Entertainment whose other projects at the park have included parades, fireworks shows, and the Christmastime snowfall on Main Street USA. Design associate on the attraction is Mitch Atkins.

Brilliant. Proof Disney still has a groove for doing things right, just when there alowed to, of course.

Im really looking forward to seeing this attraction, almost as much as Indiana Jones!!

Originally posted by Bob O
Im really looking forward to seeing this attraction, almost as much as Indiana Jones!!

You'll like Indiana Bob. Send me a PM if you want me to share you some first time tips that I found helpful when I went.

We were there last Oct. and absolutely loved it. My kids really like The Nightmare Before Christmas movie and were thrilled to see the haunted mansion done up differently. I was too. Our whole DL experience was great, but we are partial to WDW. I hope they do the same thing to the HM at MK.

133 days till we're there!!

I've yet to see the Christmas versions of HM or IASW (I've heard that the lines double it's usually long line), but yes, Indy rocks! I really think it's the best ride they've built since HM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter