Literally.

ILoveToRun

Mouseketeer
Please for the love of Disney, stop saying "literally" in every sentence! Especially when you use it incorrectly 99% of the time.

AHHH!!!

Thanks. :flower3:

I know what you mean, I literally hate that.

I saw a grammar t-shirt recently with a similar sentiment and plan on buying it! Literally!!

Please for the love of Disney, stop saying "literally" in every sentence! Especially when you use it incorrectly 99% of the time.

AHHH!!!

Please for the love of Disney, stop complaining about those who say "literally" in every sentence!

AHHH!!!

:rotfl:

The OP literally made me smile. It did not literally make me laugh so hard that I was rolling the the floor. YMMV.

:rotfl:

I literally was thinking the same thing this morning.

It's not that difficult a word to master. My six-year-old uses it correctly literally every day.

AHHH!!!

Did you literally calculate that the person/people use it incorrectly "99%" of the time? Made up stats are a pet peeve of mine.

I have a coworker who always says "that literally cracks me up"...and I can't help but imagining her literally cracking up.....:rotfl2:

I have a coworker who always says "that literally cracks me up"...and I can't help but imagining her literally cracking up.....:rotfl2:

My 9th grade English teacher figuratively beat this image into our brains and would call on the offending writer in class and ask if that was what he or she meant to say whenever anybody used the word incorrectly in speech or in writing.

A few years ago I was talking with one of my classmates and we both remarked on how we always use literally correctly.

:rotfl:OMG, too funny. My son's basketball coach does this constantly. I don't get it at all, I love her and she's really nice, but it seems like every other word out of her mouth is literally...I thought she was the only one, guess other people do it too. lol.

When I say "literally" in a sentence the "wrong" way, I'm using it in a hyberbolic way. So if I say "I'm so hungry I could literally eat a horse," I'm just using "literally" to exaggerate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter