List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Mazloum, senior VP of Disney World Resorts and Transportation, responded by saying that Disney World didn't have updates to share about a reopening date.

"We do not have any opening date yet," Mazloum said. "As some of you may know, at this point we're taking bookings that were in June, that doesn't mean we're opening in June
https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...g-date-yet-for-disney-world-universal-orlando

I don't think you can read anything into that statement. He was being pressed by the head of the task force for an opening date. The guy had just said Universal was opening June 1 (Universal has never said that and corrected him later in the call) and then followed that with, Disney is taking reservations starting June 1. Disney was making crystal clear there was no linkage between booking reservations and an opening date. We already knew that. All that statement means is we aren't telling you what our plans are.

Hi, I'm new to the board and wanted to share my experience and ask your opinion. My trip was scheduled for 5/9-5/16 and I never received an email that my trip was canceled. I chatted with a Disney rep this week and he informed me that it would be canceled by the end of the week. So I said to him "really I'm supposed to arrive in 4 days isn't that last minute?". By later that day I signed back into the DVC and my countdown was gone and the points were back (not listed correctly). Should I email them and ask why I didn't get the special booking offer or free dining offer?

If the trend continues we should see the next wave of cancellation emails from WDW tomorrow for cash rooms with stays starting 5/24 - 5/30...

I am still interested more info from DVC people. Many have said that their are not being canceled at 7 days out...I have a rented points room so have financial interest.

Our reservation is still there at BLT 5/15-17...wish it would get canceled so we can make other arrangements. I am coming down for work now and will still need a hotel...

Hi, I'm new to the board and wanted to share my experience and ask your opinion. My trip was scheduled for 5/9-5/16 and I never received an email that my trip was canceled. I chatted with a Disney rep this week and he informed me that it would be canceled by the end of the week. So I said to him "really I'm supposed to arrive in 4 days isn't that last minute?". By later that day I signed back into the DVC and my countdown was gone and the points were back (not listed correctly). Should I email them and ask why I didn't get the special booking offer or free dining offer?
If you do email them please post what you find out. I'm curious if they are offering special booking or free dining to canceled DVC reservations. Thanks!

The only offer is the free dining offer which requires a room+ticket package be purchased. Obviously call and ask if you’re interested but I have not seen anything special being done for DVC.

(Tbh I see no reason they would do anything special for DVC. The last thing they need are more DVC bookings.)

If you do email them please post what you find out. I'm curious if they are offering special booking or free dining to canceled DVC reservations. Thanks!
I was on the chat now and was told that only people who paid cash were the only ones getting the special reservation offers and free dining. DVC members were not getting offered anything. I get they don't need DVC members to all go crazy with bookings. But I can't help but feel like since they already have our money we are getting screwed. If all the people who pay cash take all the bookings and we end up losing our points that is not fair to us.

Our reservation is still there at BLT 5/15-17...wish it would get canceled so we can make other arrangements. I am coming down for work now and will still need a hotel...
I'd get another hotel now. They have already announced they are closed through 5/23 and their system is known for being slow to process the cancellations.

I have 3 room only reservations for May 23-30 (AP holders). They canceled my FP but did not cancel our reservations yet. I have a backup trip booked mid-June also. Because we have APs, we do not get free dining either so it's not just DVC that is not getting it. I have called Disney and all they can tell me is that they haven't canceled it yet.

I have 3 room only reservations for May 23-30 (AP holders). They canceled my FP but did not cancel our reservations yet. I have a backup trip booked mid-June also. Because we have APs, we do not get free dining either so it's not just DVC that is not getting it. I have called Disney and all they can tell me is that they haven't canceled it yet.
I'm never really interested in free dining, I find the AP discounts to be much better for us, but with an AP, we weren't eligible for the free dining offer either.

Just because you didn't get the email doesn't mean you don't qualify. You can call up and ask to take advantage of it and they'll probably pull up your info and tell you if you are eligible.
Just remember, if you are eligible, you have to book a room and buy park tickets to get the free dining.

Just because you didn't get the email doesn't mean you don't qualify. You can call up and ask to take advantage of it and they'll probably pull up your info and tell you if you are eligible.
Just remember, if you are eligible, you have to book a room and buy park tickets to get the free dining.
I did speak to someone on chat and they said DVC members were not getting the free dining or special reservation offer but to check under member benefits to see what offers were available to DVC members.

I did speak to someone on chat and they said DVC members were not getting the free dining or special reservation offer but to check under member benefits to see what offers were available to DVC members.
I wondered about that, but wasn't sure. Always worth asking to find out though. DVC is usually excluded from most free dining offers, anyway, aren't they? At least, that's what I usually hear about, unless of course the free dining was directly sent to DVC members.

Just saw some news sites saying the last part of May is getting cancelled today too :(. Allears and disneyfoodblog.
Yeah, and the 31st is a Sunday which was included in the cancellation. Typically the cancellations have gone Sunday through Saturday. I want to read into that a bit too much and say, see, the parks ARE opening on Monday the 1st! lol. I don't know that that will happen, it probably just sounded better for them to go through end of May this time around.

Good luck June, hope some of you will get to see the parks.

Just saw some news sites saying the last part of May is getting cancelled today too :(. Allears and disneyfoodblog.

Do we know if this group is still getting the "rebook starting 6/1 for free dining"? I'm interested if they've changed the promo date. Our check in is mid June and I'm still holding out hope....

Yeah, and the 31st is a Sunday which was included in the cancellation. Typically the cancellations have gone Sunday through Saturday. I want to read into that a bit too much and say, see, the parks ARE opening on Monday the 1st! lol. I don't know that that will happen, it probably just sounded better for them to go through end of May this time around.

Good luck June, hope some of you will get to see the parks.
That is definitely a sign.....of something. lol

Do we know if this group is still getting the "rebook starting 6/1 for free dining"? I'm interested if they've changed the promo date. Our check in is mid June and I'm still holding out hope....
Anyone cancelled up to May 31 can get the promo- has to be booked by May 31st. They have not changed the terms, but I would expect they would if it goes beyond May 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter