List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, waiting for my June 2-6 trip cancellation email (or disappearance from MDE).

I'm kinda new here, so was wondering about a thread about "Disney's out :-)sad:), so where to go instead?"

I mean, where would such a thread be posted? Does one already exist and I missed it? Don't want to be OT, but truly curious.

So, waiting for my June 2-6 trip cancellation email (or disappearance from MDE).

I'm kinda new here, so was wondering about a thread about "Disney's out :-)sad:), so where to go instead?"

I mean, where would such a thread be posted? Does one already exist and I missed it? Don't want to be OT, but truly curious.
If you're looking at non Disney experiences post it on the community board, toward the end of the forum menu

My Disney trip for the week of June 14 to June 20 just got canceled. We had a trip with a charter flight booked through Boscov’s Travel in Pennsylvania. The travel agent let us know at 3:30 by email that they were contacted by Disney this morning and canceled. We were staying at French Quarter, Standard View.
I'm curious, did Boscov's Travel cancel this or did Disney cancel? We have ressies June 13-20 and I keep checking and everything is still there.

I'm curious, did Boscov's Travel cancel this or did Disney cancel? We have ressies June 13-20 and I keep checking and everything is still there.
I am wondering this too. Especially since there was a charter flight involved. What if the charter flight was cancelled? Airline flights are severely limited now and I can see them cancelling the entire package if there wasn’t a comparable flight.

The email I got from Boscov’s said that they were contacted by Disney this morning. I was wondering if it got canceled because is was a charter package 🤷‍♂️. The plane was chartered from Southwest.
I wonder if it was considered a "group" then because it was a chartered plane from the travel agency and that's why it was cancelled so far in advance... They cancelled the entire group the same way a convention would be cancelled?

The email I got from Boscov’s said that they were contacted by Disney this morning. I was wondering if it got canceled because is was a charter package 🤷‍♂️. The plane was chartered from Southwest.

or because they are doing a "soft" opening of only MK and the MK resorts?

We’re June 1-9 via DVC in VGF. Nothing has changed in any bookings: hotel, food, fast passes. Yesterday Magic Express emailed letting us know our tags are on their way. I called to confirm and they should be here next week. Of course I read that as they are either hedging their bets on progress or they just have not shut down functions until it’s a for sure cancellation.

My reservation is still there for May 31-June 6th. I am in a MK resort. My fastpasses start on June 1.

We’re June 1-9 via DVC in VGF. Nothing has changed in any bookings: hotel, food, fast passes. Yesterday Magic Express emailed letting us know our tags are on their way. I called to confirm and they should be here next week. Of course I read that as they are either hedging their bets on progress or they just have not shut down functions until it’s a for sure cancellation.
Whoa! I never heard of anyone with May cancellations getting that far in the process. Can anyone with a may cancellation confirm if they got their tags?

Whoa! I never heard of anyone with May cancellations getting that far in the process. Can anyone with a may cancellation confirm if they got their tags?

So to me the next question is did anyone else with 6/1 or later NOT staying at a MK area resort get tag shipment email? Not that it would dismiss the MK resort only theory but perhaps a better question - did someone who has a 6/1 checkin at any non MK area not get one? That might add fuel to the MK resort first idea. And in these uncertain times clearly adding fuel to a fire is what we need.

I am May 31-June 8
At AKL Kidani, DVC points

I still have all restaurant and FP bookings in MDE ( even the ones for May 31... I have qs lunch at be our guest and one or two FP that day.

Matter of fact I too see that is says my magic bands are being fulfilled and will ship soon.

That said I have a theory.. is it possible only certain hotels, maybe deluxe, with preference to dvc and and far out booking make a special cut based on algorithms they may be doing to limit capacity with a select subset of reservations? I say this because we likely booked close to 11 months ago...

thoughts? Those that still have reservations, how far ago did you book?

That said I have a theory.. is it possible only certain hotels, maybe deluxe, with preference to dvc and and far out booking make a special cut based on algorithms they may be doing to limit capacity with a select subset of reservations? I say this because we likely booked close to 11 months ago...

So, you are suggesting that a company would prefer to open the $400-$$$$ rooms as opposed to the value resorts? Never!!

I agree with the theory. They almost have to open DVC upon initial opening. The point inventory is building up and may impact future reservations for a while. Our trip is June 6-13th DVC at Copper Creek. We booked at 11 months out. Everything is still there and magic bands show as shipping soon.

I'm not until Mid-June, and my magic bands shipped before everything shut down because I got upgraded ones, but I do think it's a very real possibility that DVC properties will be the first to open. I made my initial June reservation last June, but then cancelled it this past December when we were at Disney because I could get a much better rate with the bounce back offer so I rebooked with that. So basing anything on how long the reservation was on place would be challenging I think, because technically my reservation has been place for a year but on "paper," just over 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter