List of movies for a 3-yo before going to DL

ultraawesome

Earning My Ears
Hey all

I'm going to DL this October and was wondering if any of you had a good list of movies for a 3-yo to watch to get ready for DL?
Mickey movies are definitely a priority (she doesn't even know who Mickey is!)

My daughter learned all about Mickey Mouse and his friends via the Mickey Mouse Road Ralley iPad game. Then we recorded a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show on our TiVo and she was set. I don't think she had seen any Disney movies other than Toy Story 2 before her first visit at 3 but we had been reading books for all of the Disney movies for a year prior. I find reading books is a better prep overall than watching the movies at that age.

But having said that, her favorite movies which are also good prep for knowing the characters she will see are:

- Cinderella
- Beauty and the Beast
- Snow White
- Sleeping Beauty (it's her castle @ DL!)
- Frozen (although be prepared to wait HOURS in line to see Anna and Elsa - not sure if we will do it on our upcoming trip for our 4yo)
- Toy Story (my daughter loves all 3 but toy story 2 was her fav when she was 3)
- The Princess and the Frog
- Monsters Inc or Monsters University
- Mulan

She hasn't really been into wanting to watch (but these could be good for prep)
- Finding Nemo
- Cars or Cars 2
- Tangled
- Brave
- Alice In Wonderland
- Peter Pan
- The Little Mermaid

BTW re: books I easily built a great collection of disney books via garage sales at 50 cents to $1 per book and also rented a lot of disney movies from the library.

Have fun!

My DDs were fairly sensitive to "scary" themes so I didn't show them much at 3 years old. We watched Finding Nemo (after skipping the opening scene with Nemo's mom and the barracuda), Toy Story, and a few Disney cartoons. Didn't bother showing them Snow White, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, etc. until they were 4 (or older!) because of the scary scenes. Hope that helps!

Cars (not Cars 2) particularly if she will be tall enough to ride RSR (40") :goodvibes
A Bugs Life.

These will help her enjoy the fantasy of their respective "lands" :thumbsup2

I'd also add Winnie the Pooh and Jungle Book plus the Tinker Bell movies.

Oh I completely forgot about the Tinker Bell movies--my girls LOVE them and they're much less scary (if at all) compared to the traditional Disney movies like Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc. Plus the Pixie Hollow meet-and-greet has 3 fairies (on our 2 visits we've met Iridessa, Fawn, Vidia, and Tinker Bell--who is always there).

You can watch episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disneyjunior.com. That will give your kids an idea of all of the fab 5 characters. They also have other popular Disney Junior shows on there that match with the Disney Junior show at DCA. My daughter was only 1 the first time she went to the park. The only character she knew was Pooh. She met him and it was adorable. But she's always liked the characters, even the ones she didn't know. Now that she's watched some of the movies she relates it back to her experiences at the park. We recently watched Jungle Book because we'll be visiting this summer (she'll be four) and I guess the Mickey Map show has King Louie.

Netflix!!!
Use Netflix and type Disney or Mickey Mouse into the search box. I like the Mater Tales too.

Hey all

I'm going to DL this October and was wondering if any of you had a good list of movies for a 3-yo to watch to get ready for DL?
Mickey movies are definitely a priority (she doesn't even know who Mickey is!)

Mickey Mouse Club House ... she will know who mickey is in no time, along with Donald, Daisy , minnie, Goofy , Pluto, Marabel, Chip and Dale and many many others ...

over at CA the prep her for the characters she will meet i suggest watching
Doc Mcstuffin , Sofia the First , Bugs Life, Monster inc (1) Aladdin , Little Mermaid and the incredible

I'd go with what movies match up with the rides you plan on doing. Our 1-year-old LOVED the Monsters ride at DCA, so I'd recommend that (and the movie(s)). Bugs Life (Bugs Land) Cars (RSR), Little Mermaid (King Triton's Carosel/VOTLM), Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo (Casey Jr Train, Dumbo), Sleeping Beauty (castle and walk-through). Snow White and Mr Toad might be a little scary? Mr Toad is definitely on Netflix (as is Dumbo), but it's kinda long and boring even for me, let alone my son. Haha. The ride is definitely better than the toon!

Are you doing a character meal? If so I would suggest a movie that has that character in it, last summer we stayed at PPH and did the surf's up breakfast, which I highly recommend! I knew Stitch would be there, thanks to these boards, so we watched Lilo and Stitch so she wouldn't be scared.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter