Linked Staterooms: On-line check in question

Cackyschmackers

DIS Veteran
I've always done the online check in first at midnite at our booking date bc getting an early PAT was a priority for us. Now that you have to book the meet and greets, I'm wondering if we should do that first, then our Palo resi, then PAT time. I had mistakenly thought you had to be checked in on-line first to then be able to book the activities; now I realize that is not the case. Question: Our reservation includes two rooms that we linked on our DCL account. Will I have access to both rooms when trying to plan the meet and greets? Also, does anyone know how many opportunities/slots there are for the meet and greets on the 3- and 4-nights? Are they on particular days usually (e.g., the at sea days)? I haven't cruised since they require tickets for the meet and greets. Thanks in advance.

I've always done the online check in first at midnite at our booking date bc getting an early PAT was a priority for us. Now that you have to book the meet and greets, I'm wondering if we should do that first, then our Palo resi, then PAT time. I had mistakenly thought you had to be checked in on-line first to then be able to book the activities; now I realize that is not the case. Question: Our reservation includes two rooms that we linked on our DCL account. Will I have access to both rooms when trying to plan the meet and greets? Also, does anyone know how many opportunities/slots there are for the meet and greets on the 3- and 4-nights? Are they on particular days usually (e.g., the at sea days)? I haven't cruised since they require tickets for the meet and greets. Thanks in advance.
You can do either the online check in (PAT) or excursions first, whichever is most important to you to make sure you get.

If you have linked rooms, at different Castaway Club levels, you can only book (activities) for those people in the room(s) whose level is the same as yours (or higher). The names of others, in different (lower level CC) rooms, will be on the list, but grayed out until their window opens.

@PrincessShmoo Thanks, We're all the same CC level, so I can book all of our activities myself, it sounds like. And I'm assuming the meet and greets and adult dining are a different process than the actual check in and choosing PAT.

If anyone knows about the M&G slots/times/opportunities, please let me know.

@PrincessShmoo Thanks, We're all the same CC level, so I can book all of our activities myself, it sounds like. And I'm assuming the meet and greets and adult dining are a different process than the actual check in and choosing PAT.

If anyone knows about the M&G slots/times/opportunities, please let me know.
The Onboard Fun tab is in the excursion booking link.

Thanks, I don't remember any if this, is that also where adult dining would be found?
Yes. I have a picture of that page I'm trying to find.

Found it:

When you go to "Reservation Summary" page, click on the "View or Add Activities" link.01 reservation summary page.jpg
Then click on the "No Confirmed Activities" link (or whatever's on that line in the particular day you're interested in):
02 my cruise activities page.jpg

Then you'll see the page with the tabs "Port Adventures" "Adult Dining" "Spa & Fitness" "Onboard Fun" and "Nursery". Click on the tab you want to see what's available:
04 onboard fun.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you, @PrincessShmoo . It's coming back to me. Lol. The second and third shots you posted def look familiar. So I'm assuming none of this is available until when, we pay in full? When we're paid in full, can I view some of this but just not be able to choose it until my window? Or can i not see any of this til my booking window opens? If anyone has screen shots of the M&Gs, please let me know!

Awesome, thank you, @PrincessShmoo . It's coming back to me. Lol. The second and third shots you posted def look familiar. So I'm assuming none of this is available until when, we pay in full? When we're paid in full, can I view some of this but just not be able to choose it until my window? Or can i not see any of this til my booking window opens? If anyone has screen shots of the M&Gs, please let me know!
No, you won't be able to view/book anything (excursion/activity- wise) until your window opens. Regardless if you pay in full earlier.

But, you won't be able to book/view anything until you are paid in full.

So just to confirm, I have three reservations linked on my DCL account. When I do online check-in/booking activities will I be able to book everyone from all three rooms at the same time? Or do I need to log in seperately to book PAT/excursions/onboard activities for each room?

Excursions and onboard activities you should be able to do for all.

Check-in has to be one at a time.

For some reason I couldn't book all rooms this time. I had to do each room individually for activities. It was annoying. And, for instance, our Palo brunch reservation shows up as two separate tables rather than one. Not sure why it didn't work this time because previously I've been able to pick people from any of our linked rooms.

One more question, does the screen that shows all of these tabs show up after you pay in full? This is my first Disney cruise and when I login it just shows my basic Cruise info and linked reservations but no tabs

One more question, does the screen that shows all of these tabs show up after you pay in full? This is my first Disney cruise and when I login it just shows my basic Cruise info and linked reservations but no tabs
That screen will show up once your booking window opens. Assuming you are not concierge, that means it will open 75 days before you sail.

Gotcha... will have three laptops and two helpers then just in case lol

Be careful with three computers and three accounts.

If the other two are just doing online check-in to get PATs, then I think you will be OK, but if one of them uses another account to even LOOK at the activities booking session, it will block you out of it, for all the passengers in your group, including your own.

This happened with my adult sister and I. We were on the phone with each other from our respective houses, co-coordinating excursion booking at midnight for our families on a joint cruise, but since I went into the excursions first, she could not. I booked excursions for all nine of us, even the ones only her family was doing, but she could not so much as look at the choices. I had to read them off to her.

Then I made another mistake. I closed the browser, without logging out of my Disney account. We found out later that if I had logged out of my account, she then could have gone in and looked at the excursions, but since I didn't log out, it was an hour or more before she could get in.

I'm pretty sure we both could do our online check-in at the same time on our separate computers. (Entering travel info, emergency contacts, selecting PAT, etc.)

Last edited:
Oh wow thanks for the heads up! The excursions/onboard activities is what I'm most concerned about so it's good to know I'll be able to book for everyone by being signed into my account. I won't need multiple computers and minions to help me lol.

I'll do that first and then do online check in for each group

How long does the on line check in take?? I have not been able to update passport info so I know I have to do that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter