Lining up for Concerts?

krrrristen

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We are thinking of driving over for the Simple Plan concert on 3/18 and wondering how long the queue will be. I know Simple Plan has not performed there before, so I'm not asking for anyone to tell me exactly what to do, but I would like some advice from the seasoned pros :) Since I've never waited in line for a concert at Eat to the Beat or Garden Rocks... if you have I am wondering:
  • How long can we expect the lines to get?
  • How long have you waited in line for a concert at Disney?
  • What time do you think that we should target to get to the park? We don't have a specific show we have to get to, but ideally would like to make it in to the 5:30 or 6:45 shows
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Lately the two groups that have brought in the largest lines have been Boyz II Men and Air Supply during the Food and Wine festival,most of the other groups still fill up the theater for most shows but in a more relaxed manner.The theater holds a lot of people ,more than you'd think and you can usually get a seat without issue even if you show up 15-20 minutes before the show for most groups(not Boyz II Men or Air Supply).If you want a seat near the front you have to get there an hour plus before the shows,more for the popular groups.Years ago I remember seeing people standing in line for some groups as early as 1pm,these were mostly locals for popular groups or they were real fans of the group,I don't see that happen too frequently anymore,maybe for the groups I mentioned earlier but certain other popular groups haven't come in years like the Beach Boys.I think I was in one of the longest lines ever for a concert for a Beach Boys show,the line reached Germany then turned around and went to the American Adventure and then turned around and reached well into Italy.Other things to note are that the first show is usually the busiest and the last usually has the lowest crowds.Another thing is during Food and Wine Disney has been putting the American music machine show at 5pm before the first show,which basically means you have to get there earlier as the line is let in 20-30 minutes before the 5pm show which will last 15-20 minutes leaving about 10 minutes before the concert,no idea if this will happen for Garden Rocks,hopefully they will as it just means less time in line before being let in.

For Simple Plan I wouldn't expect crazy crowds but I'm certain they will still fill it up.I'll be there for them as I'm a fan of theirs and of other pop punk bands from this time.I think the same weekend Plain White T's is playing and I saw them at Food and Wine and they obviously impressed someone at Disney as its rare for them to bring a group for both festivals.Starship is the rarity as they're there pretty much at both festivals for like over a decade.Dennis Deyoung also got in for both festivals but I think that's due to him being sick for like 2 of his 3 days and on the third day they played but he still had no voice to sing as his band mates sang for him.

Simple Plan..there's a name I haven't heard in about 15 years.

I plan on seeing them on 3/17. When we saw The Orchestra before at F&G, we went to the first and last show. First one, we pretty much stood in the back (didn't get there early, but the sets are not long). The last show seems to bring the least crowds, so we showed up a little before and sat right up front.

Looking forward to seeing three different acts this year, now that they added extra ones!

Simple Plan..there's a name I haven't heard in about 15 years.
Right!!! That's why I want to go :P :Pinkbounc

I think the same weekend Plain White T's is playing and I saw them at Food and Wine and they obviously impressed someone at Disney as its rare for them to bring a group for both festivals.

I thought the same thing! I've seen them before though, which means less of a burning desire for me to drive over from Tampa, wait in line, and drive back.

The last show seems to bring the least crowds, so we showed up a little before and sat right up front.

I'll have to keep that in mind! Before I found out that I'd be working, I planned on going that day as well. Then my work schedule changed, so we're heading over Saturday.

Glad this was asked! I'll be seeing them on the 17th and wasn't too sure how it all worked. 12 year old me would be squealing with excitement, 25 year old me is still excited but can contain myself better.

Glad this was asked! I'll be seeing them on the 17th and wasn't too sure how it all worked. 12 year old me would be squealing with excitement, 25 year old me is still excited but can contain myself better.

The 50 year old me is like, well, I've heard one of their songs and they sound pretty cool! Unlike at The Orchestra, where most folks in the crowd for the first show were much older, I'll likely be the old one! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter