Limo or Car Service Recommendations? With kids?

TheCapellsMom

Mouseketeer
We are trying to figure out the best plan for our family of 5 to get to and from the DCL port. We know we can book the Disney Transfer Bus but it really is not convenient for our timing and it is certainly not cheap!

I was hoping some of you out there in DISland could give me so me feedback on what limos or car services are good or which to avoid. I am especially concerned because we are traveling with 3 kids who need booster seats and I REALLY do not want to have to bring them all the way from VA in our luggage!

Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure who is the best but I always use limos dot com for quotes because it will provide rates for several different companies and classes (town car, suv, stretch, etc). I would start there. They also show user ratings which I use to narrow the list. For our cruise to Alaska in June I am using a car service from this site to get us from SeaTac airport to the Hyatt Place in Seattle center. It's a half hour trip for $65 (a standard cab would be $48).

OP--in Florida? There are lots of limo services, some of which are not allowed to be listed on the boards. Happy Limo, FL tours, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, etc. All supply car seats and you specify number of people/luggage to help you and them select an appropriate vehicle for your gang.

I've used Happy Limo twice and have nothing but awesome things to say about them. We also needed a booster seat, so I mentioned it when we did the reservations and it was taken care of. Using them again for our cruise in June!

We have used Tiffany car service both times and they have been very good.On our next cruise we are not using them because it is cheaper for two to use the DCL bus. Hope you have a great cruise:goodvibes

I just got a quote from Happy Limo. We have a 3 year old and was told they DO NOT have forward facing harnessed car seats. Only boosters. I guess I'll be bringing our car seat:sad1:

I just used Happy Limo for our transfer - Hotel near airport to port, port to WDW hotel and WDW hotel to airport. Absolutely loved them!! Great service! On the day of each transfer I would get a text message and a phone call letting me know who my driver was going to be and confirming the details. On the pickup to port - the driver called me to tell me that his last family was running late so he was going to be 10 mins late for us. I let him know it wasn't a problem - appreciated the phone call. The driver rolled out the red carpet for the kids, made for a good start to our vacation. On the pickup at port to WDW we were upgraded to a stretch Hummer Limo. Kids were really psyched! We had three different drivers and every one of them was helpful and pleasant!
Debbie

We are using Spaceport Transport in May. Haven't used them but heard good things. There will be 12 of us, 6 adults 6 kids. They had the best price when I quoted different companies. They also threw in a stop at MCO on the way back for no additional charge. (We have 2 flying right out after we disembark.) When I told them there were 6 kids they asked not only how many car seats we needed but if we wanted high backs or just the small booster seat. (We will have 3 car seats and that did not change the price.) They were very accommodating. We will see though after we cruise in May how it all turns out. Good Luck in your search OP.

We are also using Spaceport in June. When I called they asked about what carseats I would need and they are included in the price so I got a carseat, a high-back booster and a seat booster for my 3 kids.

We are also using Spaceport in June. When I called they asked about what carseats I would need and they are included in the price so I got a carseat, a high-back booster and a seat booster for my 3 kids.

Is the car seat you got, an infant? Or is it a forward facing harnessed carseat? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter