limited time in parks end of October - which would you choose?

aschwarz

Mouseketeer
Hi there!

My husband and I will be on a business trip in Orlando towards the end of the month and will have potentially four chances to visit the parks scattered among work obligations (i.e. no full park days, just half days)

The four options for park time would be mid-afternoon (like, 12-5pm) on Sunday 10/27, after lunch through end of day on Monday 10/28, morning to late afternoon on Tuesday 10/29, and morning to mid-afternoon on Wednesday 10/30 before we depart.

For reference, no kids, we're HUGE Epcot/F&W fans and also love Magic Kingdom. We haven't seen any of Star Wars or Toy Story in DHS (in fact we skipped the park entirely on our last two trips to WDW) and don't for Animal Kingdom for such a short visit.

Would it be a nightmare/not even worth it to attempt Epcot given the construction? Are most of the rides/areas in FW closed, and will the park be packed with F&W people? Is it more worth it to make the time for DHS, a park we don't generally love but would like to see the new stuff?

Just want to be sure on such short timeframe that we're able to get a bit of Disney magic without wading our way through tremendous crowds and wishing we'd just skipped it all in lieu of a dining res along the monorail ;) thank you!!

You will encounter crowds, but it will be manageable. I’d definitely hit FWF. The general rule of thumb is to avoid EP on weekends. The food booths open at 11. It’s usually less crowded then too compared to later in the day. The construction is at the entrance. It won’t affect your day other than some inconvenience entering the park.

Keep trying for FP+ for those hard to get attractions. Sometimes they pop up. Otherwise get in line close to closing when lines are shorter.

Tuesday/Wednesday morning is probably your best bet for MK. Go at opening or shortly after. It's a party day so shold be less crowded.

I’d do MK Sun before the party, HS Or EP Mon, EP or MK Tues and EP or HS Wed. Go to MK on party days and avoid EP and DHS on weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter