Limit on number of days in a room ?

#1Disfann

DIS Veteran
I was reading a post (that I of course can't find now) but it seems that it implied that there is a limit on the number of days one is allowed to stay at one resort. Does anyone know if that is correct? If so, how many days are you limited to? This won't affect my 2005 trip but when I go in 2006 with my first AP I am staying 12 -14 days. Will I have to book at two different resorts? That would be fine, I just want to start thinking about it now! Thanks!

That shouldn't be a problem. Many people take 2 week vacations and don't need to switch resorts.

I am quite sure that is not true at all.You shouldn't have any problem.

I'm sure Disney would love to see all guests stay that long per vacation :teeth:

I was at Pop Century in June/July for 17 nights and I had to have 2 reservations because there was a 14 night limit on the amount of days on the reservation. I did not have to switch resorts and I was able to get AP rates for both reservations and was able to keep the same room. I just made sure I told the CM at check-in I had back-to-back reservations. They told me to come back 5 days before my next reservation date, I did and they assigned me the same room at that time. I also didn't have to go to the front desk to check out and then check back in. I used a credit card, so that took care of check out and they had a new process being tried out where a CM came to the room between two time periods. I had a message left on the telephone telling me exactly what to do and I followed those directions. One of the time periods available was 7:30-8:30 am and the other was 9:00-10:00 am (you chose which time you wanted) and I had to make sure to be in the room at the time I chose. The person's name who the reservation is in has to be the one in the room. It was great! We were going to DQ that day leaving at about 10:30, so it worked out wonderfully! It took about 3 minutes to sign for my new keys! It was a very painless process.
:earsgirl:

Heads up: If you have back to back ressies and also want UPH (unlimited magic park hopper) the UPH starts with a "first day" each time a new ressie begins. The "second UPH day" costs less than the first, the third costs less then the second, etc.

The 14 night limit per ressie should not be a problem because with 15 or more consecutive days, a premium annual pass costs less.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Glad to hear that my 12-14 days should be no problem. I am buying my first AP for my 7 night September 2005 trip then going back in August 2006 for the longer (12-14) day trip! It's something I've dreamed about for a long time now!:Pinkbounc Everyone in my family knows that if I ever win the lotto, the first thing I'm going to do is stay at WDW for AT LEAST 30 days!:earseek: They just don't get it!!:earseek: Thanks again!

We stay for 2 weeks every trip and have never been told we had to move now we are DVC members and move for the weekends (better use of points) and then back but even before that we would stay 2 weeks straight at a resort and never had to move.

we have booked for 2 weeks in October, but we do have 2 reservations - I was told that the AP rates were only available for 10 days at a time, so we have 1 ressie for 10 days and one for 4.

I stayed 18 consecutive nites in 2001 on an ap rate at GF and did not have to check out and in. This might be a new policy? Last year we stayed 14 nites in december at poly and did not re check in either.

I have been @ disney thou, when the price drop occurred and we wanted to do the check out and in, And out of 3 different situations twice I was given the "you need to change rooms" line. :crazy: But I won that argument. ;) Even thou all 3 knew we were doing the in / out "they forgot" and assigned someone to our room. :chat: I was actually told "you should not of gotten that room if we knew you where gonna tie it up for 2 weeks". I said excuse me? I get a worse view.....because we are spending more $$$$ and staying longer,(Opps) then told that "more people could of enjoyed that view". (good comeback) I told him I paid for that view and it wasn't an upgrade. I would like to talk to your manager, thank you. Shortly after this, we began splitting resorts more often, looking for the "better views?" The above conversation happened about 6 years ago at (my beloved) Poly (I hate to say). However; At the BC/YC Your more likely to get a late check-out if you've stayed for a while. ;

Sorry, I'm wordy tonight. MKY princess:

If you are using an AP discount, there is a 10 night limit per reservation. If you aren't using a discount, I'm thinking there is no limit to the number of days you can have on a reservation. I'm not sure if there are limits when using a room-only or AAA discount. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!